Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs. Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I'm interested to see how well these lines play out.

Hall Drai Eberle - Hopefully Ebs can compliment the awesome chemistry the other two have shown so far.

Pouliot Nuge Yakupov - Probably the closest thing we have to Mcdavid while he's out, hopefully Pouliot and Yak prove what they were doing wasn't all Mcdavid. I can definitely see this being a good line though.

Hendricks Letestu Purcell - If Purcell can play as well as he did last game, this could also be a good line. Any line with Hendricks on it is going to play hard either way.

Pakarinen Lander Miller - Who knows, Maybe these two can spark lander. He's got to be on his last leg by now.

Should be a good game.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Really need to take advantage of a weak Penguins offense. You know its just a matter of time before these guys start scoring again, hopefully its not tomorrow.

I'm liking the line combos. Lets get some offense going and give the guys some confidence without McDavid in the lineup

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
A winnable game but not one I would say we should win.

I have really liked our pairings with Nurse and Reinhart in the lineup but the high powered offense is more on par with a team like Washington. So I think we have troubles containing them barring our goalie getting really hot.

Our offense could bail us out but its so hard to say how well the new line ups will effect chemistry.

So most likey a 4 to 2 loss but if they play like they have and adjust to the line up a 4 to 3 win is possible.

Logical McNonsense

Jul 3, 2015
Medicine Hat, AB

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
this will be a big game. The Pens have been very good this year, and obviously this is a post-McDavid reality.

Getting Hendricks and Reinhart back was huge. Getting Eberle is bigger. Getting Schultz back will help too, as much as many don't want to say it

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Sad question; if drai tears it up is nuge gone by the end of the season? Or the other way around? Neither?

Nuge is an established "vet" now pretty much who has been matching up against the league's best since day one. I'd still trust him leaps and bounds over Drais. That said, neither are being moved unless the team is suddenly Dallas Eakins bad and PC just decides enough is enough and needs a big change. This year is still very much a "look and see where everyone is at" type of deal.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Sad question; if drai tears it up is nuge gone by the end of the season? Or the other way around? Neither?

I would hope neither. Look at how bad we look when one of our centres goes down.

If drai can prove himself in the nhl, I'd prioritize him
Over someone like pouliot or yakupov just because he can play center if someone goes down.

We finally have some center depth, no reason to throw it away.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I don't care what formula we use or who scores our goals, all I ask is that we're still in the playoff picture when McDavid returns.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
I don't care what formula we use or who scores our goals, all I ask is that we're still in the playoff picture when McDavid returns.

I'm holding out hope. Same thing with McdAvid in or out of the lineup.. Our success is contingent on decent goaltending and hopefully middle of the road defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad