GDT: Oilers vs Jets - MTS Centre - 7:00pm CDT [Do NOT solicit or post illegal streams]

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Scheifele's shot never ceases to amaze me.

Can't wait to see some wicked snipes from Laine as well. Hell throw Connor in there too.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg

Thanks for the highlights, Scheifele looks to be every bit as good a play maker as he is a shooter. Really excited to see him take on the best all season long. I don't take much from these games, especially when Toby is scoring goals, but there is definitely some real talent finally shining through. We're finally at a point where guys like Thorburn aren't really necessary in the lineup, even if he's a solid 4th line player on most NHL teams.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I was at the game tonight. Here's a few thoughts:
Connor was very good. I think (always have) that he will have a better year than Laine if given a fair chance.
Scheif: what more needs to be said. Just keeps getting better.
Laine: Just a very ordinary game today. But it's his first.
Tanev: I think he's the fastest guy on the team. I am so impressed with his work ethic as well. Would love to see him on the 4th line. He creates havoc. I just hope he has some finishing skills.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Not to draw too much from one game but I really would prefer to start the season with a Hutch/Helle tandem.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Agreed, his game is starting to resemble the best defenseman at the WJC performance of a few years ago. You are right that the more he plays the more he learns and adapts and the more confident he becomes. I'm starting to think the Jets are purposely playing him a tone this preseason to expedite the learning process.

He looks ready to contribute to me!

It's been noted that Mossey has a very slow start, and usually takes a game or two to get settled and get his game groove back on. Him and Tanev both have played every preseason game, so that should be an indication of where they stand in relation to their chances of making the Jets opening day roster.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
I was at the game tonight. Here's a few thoughts:
Connor was very good. I think (always have) that he will have a better year than Laine if given a fair chance.
Scheif: what more needs to be said. Just keeps getting better.
Laine: Just a very ordinary game today. But it's his first.
Tanev: I think he's the fastest guy on the team. I am so impressed with his work ethic as well. Would love to see him on the 4th line. He creates havoc. I just hope he has some finishing skills.

It's unfortunate Thorburn is going to see the ice at all. There's so much talent in the bottom six, he shoudn't play a game. Armia, Petan, Burmi, Dano, Matthias, Copp, Tanev, Lowry. Could be the first year we have a fourth line that can score a few goals.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I was told it was the broadcaster that request this. TSN specifically wants people to have to buy their cable/channel package in order to watch Jets games if you are in the Jets region. which is why it's not available on Roger's Gamecenter. The NHL nor it's teams request that to be part of the deal. It is 100% Bells doing.

No. It is all about the way the NHL sells the rights. Now if you have paid big money for the rights under certain conditions you don't want someone else giving your product away or selling it either for that matter. The conditions of the sale have to be enforced.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm saying it!! But he scored a goal completely set up by the other guys so clearly I'm wrong

He's just what we have needed, a finisher. Its not like he does nothing else either. He creates lots of chances too. I don't know what it is you are looking for and not finding but he is ready. Not a fully developed veteran to lean on but ready for a great rookie season.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
OsyIQ9h.png

Is there any specific reason Yasin Cisse, Denis Loginov, Yuri Dobryshkin are listed as Jets scratches or is it just an NHL.com error/mix up?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Maybe a too LHD isn't the only suitable return for Trouba. Take the highest value and then reshuffle as needed.

We didn't need to sign ANY FA's this year, though Howden may help the Moose.

A top 4 LHD for Trouba might not be as good as 2 top 4 potential D prospects. Good ones that is. 1 each side, the left one closer to ready than the right. We have to stagger the expiry of all the ELC's. Am I getting too picky? :laugh:

If Morrissey keeps this up there is little pressure to make a trade. Trouba can take lots of time to think about what he is doing. If Chevy gets a really good offer he can pull the trigger. If not, not.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Aw man that sucks! :laugh:

A sort of happy ending considering it started off with no stream

That is really weird as it should be fine. TSN Go works with my Galaxy phone, perhaps an older version of android? Did you access it via the App or via the android device internet browser?

My tablet is probably running too old a V of Android. My phone should work but I haven't set up my Google account. Get that done and it probably all works but it certainly isn't well set up to make it senior citizen friendly. :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It's been noted that Mossey has a very slow start, and usually takes a game or two to get settled and get his game groove back on. Him and Tanev both have played every preseason game, so that should be an indication of where they stand in relation to their chances of making the Jets opening day roster.

It was tough enough figuring out a lineup without having to find space for Tanev. :)

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
While it is a good sign for the Jets that the 1st PP was rocking it last night with their 3 or 4 PP goals, it sucked not to see that much PP time for Laine in the 2nd unit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad