GDT: Oilers vs Jets - MTS Centre - 7:00pm CDT [Do NOT solicit or post illegal streams]

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
I really liked the momentum that we were riding in the latter half of the game.

Although Connor was fed that goal, he released perfectly, and honestly, that's what we need. A couple consistent trigger guys, Laine and Connor, and we will be a very very different team.

Laine is Laine. Those two legendary one-timers looked great, and although he didn't jump off the page tonight, he will get there soon. Was very pleased with his defensive awareness.

I'm usually not the biggest Lowry fan, but he hustled hard and played a great 3rd line game.

Tanev's quickness and tenacity has really stood out in the last few games.

Morrissey is so smooth. Looks very comfortable and is really forcing coach's hand in the midst of this Trouba fiasco.

I thought Petan had a much quieter game than Tuesday, but he was starting to develop some chemistry with Laine. I could see some plays start to unfold that demonstrated both players' high hockey IQ, but it just didn't quite happen this game. Also Petan had less of his "fanciness" in the DZ that I know is irritating for quite a few fans.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Laine had a good interview after the game. Said he was quite nervous especially early on.

image.png

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Maybe this season we should always have Lowry on the PP? :D

Managed to catch the game on TSN Go. Lots of good things to say about tonight's game. I love Connor the past couple of games. I hope he gets to stick with the big club.

I wonder how difficult it would be to replace the number '3' of my number '31' jersey to a '4'? ;)

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
what's your device? are you able to use a computer? you can access it via internet browser

Well on the PC it said it was for Android devices. On my Android Tablet it said not compatible with this device. On my Android phone J couldn't get it to recognize my gmail address. Gave up. Ridiculous.

Tried Oilers site, nothing. Found out it would be streamed on the Jets site about the time the game ended. :laugh:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
man...I'm pretty stoked. This is lookin like a fun team! I think we could legitimately put 4 or 5 of these young guys in the starting line-up no problem...

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
They could ice 3 deadly lines and a very fast 4th line. They need to do it.

All it takes is Maurice to show where the pressbox is to some of the vets.

Ehlers- Scheifele- Wheeler
Laine- Little- Armia
Connor, Perreault-x

is what I'm looking at after tonights game, open for changes as the pre season goes.

Trouba situation is such a bad timing for Jets.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Achilles heel for this team will still be how Huddy or Maurice use the D. Stuart needs to be pushed out of his roles and Postma and Morrissey need to be substantial parts if the mix.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
I have been a Burmi fan since the Jets relocated to Winnipeg but I am ready to let him go. We have so many better options now.

YetAnotherGM

Jan 8, 2014
Achilles heel for this team will still be how Huddy or Maurice use the D. Stuart needs to be pushed out of his roles and Postma and Morrissey need to be substantial parts if the mix.

Based on Morrissey's play he be #2nd pair or higher.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
It's funny how Thorburn was the weak link on the 4th line considering what 6 other Jets forwards weren't playing. He must be like the 19th best forward or something

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Just left the game my musings:

Armia was very very good, his backhander was highlight worthy. Buff seemed good and salty after the WCH dis lappointment. Hutch was excellent, those new black pads seemed to help lol. Laine starred slow but got better as game went on, too bad he whiffed on that one timer. He seemed nervous at first. Fefe and Wheeler solid. Morissey seemed sound, on the puck a lot seem's to be on the attacking forwards when nedeed. All in all pretty entertaining for a preseason game.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad