Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Islanders

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Literally nothing of value added to this team since 2015. That's a good 4 years with absolutely no improvement to the roster. In fact, the roster has heavily degraded since then. Almost impossible to do that even if you tried

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
frag2 thank you for the last like I was awarded the Hurricane Trophy because of that like

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Chiarelli by far.

It almost seems that Chiarelli knew he was getting fired and wanted to screw the Oilers. It sure seems that way looking at the trades he performed at the end. The ones he did at the start weren’t the best but he saved his worst for last. I don’t know how that man can look at himself and not be ashamed

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Like a sane person, I will not watch this game, but holy hell, we need like all of our prospects in the AHL to turn into NHLers. That can't be the team next year...

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It almost seems that Chiarelli knew he was getting fired and wanted to screw the Oilers. It sure seems that way looking at the trades he performed at the end. The ones he did at the start weren’t the best but he saved his worst for last. I don’t know how that man can look at himself and not be ashamed
Honestly that would be better than if he was trying to actively improve the team by listening to his pro scouts.

Chiarelli needed to be canned but the people who keep scouting other team's worst defensemen are the real offenders.

Reactions: onetweasy

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I hope McDavid sits out a week. That way if Kuch wins the Art Ross ...its bcz 97 missed games !

secondly i want to see this sad sack of a team with 97 for a week. See how good/bad they are without him.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I hope McDavid sits out a week. That way if Kuch wins the Art Ross ...its bcz 97 missed games !

secondly i want to see this sad sack of a team with 97 for a week. See how good/bad they are without him.
It was nice to see Drai become the man. I would like to see it again. He is proving to himself he can drive the play like the star player he is.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Totally agree, he royally F'd this team till the very end. Systematically stripping assets by making trades that absolutely made no sense. Management should be the ones ashamed by giving him carte blanche to do whatever the f*** he wanted without intervening.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
This is definitely the least I have cared about this team during McDavid's tenure. Just makes me sad to watch him waste his talent.

Not too much light at the end of the tunnel either, unless a lot of guys can step their games up an unprecedented amount and Koskinen turns out to be legitimate.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Currie. NICE WORK! Congrats! We are bringing you up!

You will play less than 4 minutes on the 4th line and we will saddle you with our big useless titty Lucic on the 4th line the next game!

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Currie. NICE WORK! Congrats! We are bringing you up!

You will play less than 4 minutes on the 4th line and we will saddle you with our big useless titty Lucic on the 4th line the next game!

Ah well. At least he's making 7x his AHL salary to participate in this disaster. Good for him.

Reactions: DerpMorg

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Chiarelli won't get another gig in the NHL unless the other team is aware that he was purposely tanking this franchise for whatever reason.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Checked into Drumheller and the phone rang.

The Cretaceous Period called.

They want their coach back.

;)

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Totally agree, he royally F'd this team till the very end. Systematically stripping assets by making trades that absolutely made no sense. Management should be the ones ashamed by giving him carte blanche to do whatever the f*** he wanted without intervening.

U just said what I think of upper management. Shameful. I was under the impression that they were approving or dis-approving of Chia's trades in the end. Ray Charles wouldn't approve of these. Next GM has to clean house, even the carpets to get this this stink out. Bob Nicholson, what a joke. What has he done? Don't even dare mention the Olympics. We could have picked 3 teams and won Gold, Silver, Bronze.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Honestly that would be better than if he was trying to actively improve the team by listening to his pro scouts.

Chiarelli needed to be canned but the people who keep scouting other team's worst defensemen are the real offenders.

Need a complete purge. A COMPLETE PURGE.

PURGE ANARCHY

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005

What if it was management that was pushing for him to bring in some defensemen with the injuries to "save the season"? I mean Chiarelli made some poor moves, but nothing THAT poor before. I mean I guess he could have just been desperately trying to save his job, but some of the shit Nicholson has said since really makes it sound like the inmates are running the asylum.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad