Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Islanders. Lose Win Lose Win Lose Win Lose..........

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
Looks like it will be Campbell's net tomorrow night.

No significant issues reported from the puck to the head last night.

Time to see if 12 days off between games has helped Campbell get himself straightened out.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Just send Holloway down. Don't get it.

I think they're keeping him up to fill a roster hole and the proverbial "cup of coffee". 4th line & 5 minutes a night...I'd say they're protecting the asset since he was injured last month and missed time. Once Yamamoto is back, he'll likely go down.

I like the twitter post saying "Campbell looking sharp". It's the Oilers, they practice at a medium pace, mostly fire muffins at goalies, miss the net or try to pass the puck into the net. Then we wonder why he sieves out in a real game.

Reactions: 29Beast97Mode

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Holy McJesus there's 15 games tomorrow. Only two teams not playing. Could be a lucrative day for parlay bettors

Match-up stats and trends:
-Edmonton is 7-2-1 in their last 10 vs the Islanders, with their last regulation loss over 3 years ago Feb. '19
-Edmonton has a 50% powerplay vs the Islanders over their last 3 match-ups
-Special teams: Edmonton rank #2 powerplay, Islanders rank #5 penalty kill
-The Islanders are undefeated against the Pacific (3-0); Edmonton is 2-4 vs the Metro
-The Islanders are the highest scoring 3rd period team with 31 goals; Edmonton ranks #6 and #7 in periods 2 and 3 respectively on goals for
-Edmonton is 4-2 as the underdog (6-7 as the favourite)
-Barzal is tied with Draisaitl for 2nd place in assists (20)

I hope Campbell gets the start. He's been out long enough, he looks ready for redemption

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Heading into this year I was actually pretty excited for the season as there seemed to finally be a glimmer of hope. That's what I get I guess. Barely a month into the season and I've already completely checked out. haha. The only plus is McDavid possibly winning the scoring title and the Rocket but he has been struggling to wrack up the points since Kane went down. Not for a lack of effort but yeah.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Oiler fans waiting for the teams "draft prospects" to become impactful NHL players

Waiting-Skeleton.jpg
Its a big big problem. Dont know why it is like this? The market? Its like a pressure chamber to play in edmonton.
And is it something up with McDavid Draisaitl and Nuge? That makes it do hard?
Try to mux it up like this?
Drai McD Fogele
Järnmark Nuge Hyman

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Its a big big problem. Dont know why it is like this? The market? Its like a pressure chamber to play in edmonton.
And is it something up with McDavid Draisaitl and Nuge? That makes it do hard?
Try to mux it up like this?
Drai McD Fogele
Järnmark Nuge Hyman

Well I think in large part it's because our amateur scouts and GMs constantly get the picks wrong.

Leave Connor/Barzal/Boeser/Chabot on the table to get Griffin Reinhart
Benson over DeBrincat
Yamamoto over Oettinger
Puljujarvi over Tkachuk
Bouchard over Dobson
Broberg over Zegras

And Holloway and Bourgault don't look like world beating prospects either, nor do guys like Lavoie.

Team would be in a much better spot if the front office could've gotten even just one of these picks right.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Holy McJesus there's 15 games tomorrow. Only two teams not playing. Could be a lucrative day for parlay bettors

Match-up stats and trends:
-Edmonton is 7-2-1 in their last 10 vs the Islanders, with their last regulation loss over 3 years ago Feb. '19
-Edmonton has a 50% powerplay vs the Islanders over their last 3 match-ups
-Special teams: Edmonton rank #2 powerplay, Islanders rank #5 penalty kill
-The Islanders are undefeated against the Pacific (3-0); Edmonton is 2-4 vs the Metro
-The Islanders are the highest scoring 3rd period team with 31 goals; Edmonton ranks #6 and #7 in periods 2 and 3 respectively on goals for
-Edmonton is 4-2 as the underdog (6-7 as the favourite)
-Barzal is tied with Draisaitl for 2nd place in assists (20)

I hope Campbell gets the start. He's been out long enough, he looks ready for redemption
The schedule is a mess. Last Friday, there was one game, and it was PST. Hard to figure.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Well I think in large part it's because our amateur scouts and GMs constantly get the picks wrong.

Benson over DeBrincat
Yamamoto over Oettinger
Puljujarvi over Tkachuk
Bouchard over Dobson
Broberg over Zegras

And Holloway and Bourgault don't look like world beating prospects either, nor do guys like Lavoie.

Team would be in a much better spot if the front office could've gotten even just one of these picks right.
I always do this and re-visit drafts and say to myself, what could have been.
The one I have the problem with is the Reinhart trade. I always watch drafts and I cringed that day when it was announced. Can u imagine Connor on the wing with Connor?

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011

Benson over DeBrincat
Yamamoto over Oettinger
Puljujarvi over Tkachuk
Bouchard over Dobson
Broberg over Zegras

Yes, some of that.
But Bouchard looked great with Kieth, and was a force the season before that.
Its something with the team.
And developement here.
I think Yamamoto is what he is, but Broberg Holloway, XB looks to have an actual talent to play good NHL hockey.

What goes wrong with the AHL developement? Number of talent exceeding from Oklahoma/Bakersfield is easy counted.
Or is the team to weak, that talents dont get pushed to be better? To many Shore, Benson and Ryans.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018

Benson over DeBrincat
Yamamoto over Oettinger
Puljujarvi over Tkachuk
Bouchard over Dobson
Broberg over Zegras

Yikes. All of those misses are egregious. You can add Jason Robertson to the Yamamoto draft, Sergachev to the Puljujarvi draft, and Caufield to the Broberg draft as they all represent positions of high organizational need (wingers and defencemen). The only one still in question is Bouchard over Dobson. Bouch still has high-end offensive potential provided the Oilers don't ruin his development.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Yikes. All of those misses are egregious. You can add Jason Robertson to the Yamamoto draft, Sergachev to the Puljujarvi draft, and Caufield to the Broberg draft as they all represent positions of high organizational need (wingers and defencemen). The only one still in question is Bouchard over Dobson. Bouch still has high-end offensive potential provided the Oilers don't ruin his development.

Dobson would be struggling the same amount as Bouchard if he was on the Oilers. The defensive system on the Island really helps.

I still think Bouchard ends up as the better offensive threat and better puck mover.

Reactions: Duke74 and Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad