Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Islanders. Lose Win Lose Win Lose Win Lose..........

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

With Woodys blender making the bartender at the 2 for 1 margarita bar look bad and a probable Campbell start along with an Islander team that has found their legs, do we continue the Lose Win Lose Win trend or do we string a couple losses together?

If it isn't becoming pretty clear after 25% of the season is gone that this team has a collective thick skull when it comes to playing defence and to Holland that a 2LD is needed now rather than at the TDL when it might be too late then I am not sure it ever will.

The positive side of me says we win this game (hell I always say we win haha) 5-4.

The realist side of me says to the positive side of me "you started early today."

Lets just win.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

With Woodys blender making the bartender at the 2 for 1 margarita bar look bad and a probable Campbell start along with an Islander team that has found their legs, do we continue the Lose Win Lose Win trend or do we string a couple losses together?

If it isn't becoming pretty clear after 25% of the season is gone that this team has a collective thick skull when it comes to playing defence and to Holland that a 2LD is needed now rather than at the TDL when it might be too late then I am not sure it ever will.

The positive side of me says we win this game (hell I always say we win haha) 5-4.

The realist side of me says to the positive side of me "you started early today."

Lets just win.

Holloway on the 4th line again *sigh*

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
New York Groove? I don't know about that. They've only won 2 games in regulation out of their last 9 (since their 5 game winning streak was halted). Granted they've won 3 more in OT, so while they are 5-4 in their last 9, their opposition is 4-2-3.

Edmonton should be able to squeak out at least a point here as both teams in a treading water holding pattern and both teams have had both a 5 game winning streak and a 3 game losing streak this year.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
New York Groove? I don't know about that. They've only won 2 games in regulation out of their last 9 (since their 5 game winning streak was halted). Granted they've won 3 more in OT, so while they are 5-4 in their last 9, their opposition is 4-2-3.

Edmonton should be able to squeak out at least a point here as both teams in a treading water holding pattern and both teams have had both a 5 game winning streak and a 3 game losing streak this year.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Holland can just take the non working LRT to the game and be fired for not showing up on time, just like his team.

884900.jpg

Does this picture represent the Oilers season thus far or the Edmonton LRT. Nobody will ever know.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Holland is just showing that he talks out of his ass like every GM before him. "Not playing 5 mins a night on the 4th line" only to see Holloway playing 5 minutes a night on the 4th line.

This is after allowing Bouchard to rot in the press box for an entire f***ing year during Covid, gifting BroBERG a spot before he was ready sacrificing our 2LD position and not trading PJ when he had the chance handcuffing us cap wise this season.

Holland can just take the non working LRT to the game and be fired for not showing up on time, just like his team.

Surely they don't believe that placing a young speedy spark plug in Holloway on the 4th line to have 5-8 mins of TOI per game while often playing with the likes of Shore, Malone, and Ryan will help his confidence and development, right? Right??

Benching and cutting his ice time any time he made a mistake is just excruciating. Either play him in a top 6 role with either McDrai, or send him down so he can play first line in the AHL.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
We win the next 2 and that pus us at a 96 point pace which leaves us just outside a playoff spot. What's also killing us is not getting the loser points. LA is 2nd in the division with an 11-8-2 record while we're fifth with a 10-9 record. When we lose we're always down by multiple goals and can never score that last one to get to OT.

Moregoalspls

Nov 24, 2017
Still waiting for the young guys to show up. This team will be a .500 team if they don't get going.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
The lack of consistency or any perceivable identity with this team makes them frustrating to watch.

If McDrai don't put up 4 points a game between the both of them, we basically have no chance of winning.

trick91

Jun 7, 2012
We win the next 2 and that pus us at a 96 point pace which leaves us just outside a playoff spot. What's also killing us is not getting the loser points. LA is 2nd in the division with an 11-8-2 record while we're fifth with a 10-9 record. When we lose we're always down by multiple goals and can never score that last one to get to OT.
This bigtime. We have to be one of the few teams that have only played one OT game all year.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Surely they don't believe that placing a young speedy spark plug in Holloway on the 4th line to have 5-8 mins of TOI per game while often playing with the likes of Shore, Malone, and Ryan will help his confidence and development, right? Right??

Benching and cutting his ice time any time he made a mistake is just excruciating. Either play him in a top 6 role with either McDrai, or send him down so he can play first line in the AHL.
When Benson is ready to go after his conditioning stint, or Yamo finally makes it out of the infirmary, Holloway is gone to th AHL to play lots, get his confidence back and round out his game. However long that takes. He clearly is not ready for the bigs just yet.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
When Benson is ready to go after his conditioning stint, or Yamo finally makes it out of the infirmary, Holloway is gone to th AHL to play lots, get his confidence back and round out his game. However long that takes. He clearly is not ready for the bigs just yet.
He should be sent down right now anyway IMO. We have 14 forwards, even if it's only for a couple weeks just to get back into game shape.

Reactions: bone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad