GDT: Oilers vs. Flames

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
the-fly_2906159k.jpg

Did someone mention "The Fly"?

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
I really hope the Oilers outright demolish the Flames tonight. Six points for McDavid, four for Drai, a goal for Bear and maybe even another for Lucic, too.

Okay, I know that last one is grasping a bit.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
^^^ @McFuhryous Heeeeressss Johhnnnnyyy!

Throw a stupid helmet and a flames jersey on him and make him much smaller and not imposing and we got something here. Otherwise an uncanny likeness. could use some tears though.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If the Oilers win tonight you can pretty much call Calgarys season over. Every time we beat them we send them into an extended losing streak. I want this win badly. f*** the Flames.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Gordie Howe hat trick for McDavid. A goal, an assist and a fight where he pounds the crap out of Gaudreau.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Take a drink every time Jhonny waves his hand in embellishment anguish after getting tapped. How many whiny faces of his will we see today?

Reactions: Quality McOil

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Haven't watched a full game in a while. I'll probably tune in for this one though. As bad as this season has been, keeping our streak up against Calgary is a big deal to me.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
RNH is the only winger that should be in the top 6 and he's not a winger.... What a tirefire our winger position is.

I don't think we win this one. Every time the Oilers get some confidence they slip back into old habits. Calgary will be desperate to defend home ice.
This edition of the Oilers seems to show up to play the Flames even if the effort is questioned against other teams. My guess is it started early last season with all that cheap, dirty bull shit guys like Tkachuk, Bennett and a few others tried pull off on them.That they have an opportunity to hurt their playoff hopes should be even more incentive. I’d be surprised if they didn't win tonight.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Tkachuk and possibly Jankowski out, which makes Bennett move up to the 2nd line with Backlund and Frolik. Our bottom 6 looks atrocious, so I am going to laugh if the Flames actually win this game. Smith looked shaky in his first game back last game, so if they play him I don't like the odds of this game for us. To top all that off, we're playing in the Saddledome. Haha. Should be an easy one for you guys. And I don't just randomly come on here to say that.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Tkachuk and possibly Jankowski out, which makes Bennett move up to the 2nd line with Backlund and Frolik. Our bottom 6 looks atrocious, so I am going to laugh if the Flames actually win this game. Smith looked shaky in his first game back last game, so if they play him I don't like the odds of this game for us. To top all that off, we're playing in the Saddledome. Haha. Should be an easy one for you guys. And I don't just randomly come on here to say that.

Mate, we suck when we're healthy.

The only problem you got is that you guys are McDavid's prison bitch.

Big problem, admittedly.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
If the Oilers win tonight you can pretty much call Calgarys season over. Every time we beat them we send them into an extended losing streak. I want this win badly. **** the Flames.

I remember a few years ago--the eskimos sacked their head coach--when asked why--Campbell said something like "HE lost to Calgary"

this is one of those games that while to the oilers it means nothing

it means a lot to the flames

Reactions: CycloneSweep

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Take a drink every time Jhonny waves his hand in embellishment anguish after getting tapped. How many whiny faces of his will we see today?

I thought he was a wrist model or something, the way he always shows it to the refs.:sarcasm:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
If the Oilers win tonight you can pretty much call Calgarys season over. Every time we beat them we send them into an extended losing streak. I want this win badly. **** the Flames.
Joke's on you, we're already on a losing streak!

Well, not a streak, but we've only won like 7 of the last 25 games. Same thing really.

A loss tonight pretty much is the final nail in the coffin for the season, but also probably for Gulutzan. I'm not upset about either at this point... as long as I don't watch the game.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Get out of here with your Flames propaganda.... Oh wait.... Uhhh, thanks?

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Lots of McPoints!!! Also hope the standings stay about the same for the rest of the season, Calgary out and I'd love to see the Ducks miss out :) Then that OT game we played against them will be even more hilarious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad