GDT: Oilers vs. Flames

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Got a sinking feeling this is going to be the low point of the season tonight for a bunch of Oiler fans.

How so? Even a blowout loss at this point wouldn't be a devastating to fans as the losing streak post Christmas just after it looked like they were getting it together to get back into the race. Or again the seven game losing streak after beating TBay getting them another sniff at a run.

Would suck to lose to Calgary, but odds are they'll find another way to fall out regardless of tonight's result.

I see it as sweet if Edmonton delivers another nail into the coffin, but losing it wouldn't be devasting at all.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Nice to see Mike Smith return with a .846 save %

I'd love to see the boys pot 4+ on him. Great stick handling ability but always overrated to me.

Reactions: Aerrol

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I like this picture of him, good net front presence.

darnell-nurse-pushes-sam-bennett-down.jpg
LMAO, new profile picture

Reactions: GODreau13

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Nice to see Mike Smith return with a .846 save %

I'd love to see the boys pot 4+ on him. Great stick handling ability but always overrated to me.

Let's aim high. I'll hope for 5 goals and a slapper that knocks his helmet off.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
How so? Even a blowout loss at this point wouldn't be a devastating to fans as the losing streak post Christmas just after it looked like they were getting it together to get back into the race. Or again the seven game losing streak after beating TBay getting them another sniff at a run.

Would suck to lose to Calgary, but odds are they'll find another way to fall out regardless of tonight's result.

I see it as sweet if Edmonton delivers another nail into the coffin, but losing it wouldn't be devasting at all.
I don't really care if the Oilers lose every other game this season.

But f*** the Flames. I hope we put up a snowman against them.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If McDavid is otherworldly we will win. If not I really doubt it.

McLellan shit all over Draisaitl again so you know he'll have a big game provided he's not anchored with Lucic. I don't like our top line with Aberg on it. Put Slepy there or with Drai.

Talbot has been great lately. The Oilers have been playing hard. The only question is scoring goals. Do the Oilers get enough to W. The thing is that Calgary has never been any good at containing McD. These are usually gravy games for him.

I care about this game. I care about the Oilers putting a final nail in the Flames playoff hopes. Win this game and the Flames are toast. The Flames are probably toast anyway but a W would be nice.

I'll predict an Oilers win and Gaudreau crying like a baby. Not going out on a line with that..

Reactions: Aerrol

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
McLellan **** all over Draisaitl again so you know he'll have a big game provided he's not anchored with Lucic. I don't like our top line with Aberg on it. Put Slepy there or with Drai.

Talbot has been great lately. The Oilers have been playing hard. The only question is scoring goals. Do the Oilers get enough to W. The thing is that Calgary has never been any good at containing McD. These are usually gravy games for him.

I care about this game. I care about the Oilers putting a final nail in the Flames playoff hopes. Win this game and the Flames are toast. The Flames are probably toast anyway but a W would be nice.

I'll predict an Oilers win and Gaudreau crying like a baby. Not going out on a line with that..
RNH is the only winger that should be in the top 6 and he's not a winger.... What a tirefire our winger position is.

I don't think we win this one. Every time the Oilers get some confidence they slip back into old habits. Calgary will be desperate to defend home ice.

Reactions: OilDrop37

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I agree, just that I wouldn't see them losing this game as the "low point" of the season. We've had plenty already.
Fortunately for this fanbase all the games left against Calgary are in the Saddledome so nobody can throw jerseys on the ice again.

With this team it can always be worse.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
RNH is the only winger that should be in the top 6 and he's not a winger.... What a tirefire our winger position is.

I don't think we win this one. Every time the Oilers get some confidence they slip back into old habits. Calgary will be desperate to defend home ice.

Calgary are not good at home. Really if the Oilers even go up 1-2 goals at any point its over. Flames will choke this one unless they get a lucky lead and manage to hold on. They're not good at the latter either. That said I've never quite known what the flames are good at other than milking copious calls but I think even that has left them. You can only cry for calls for several seasons I guess. At somepoint it stops working as well.

I'm looking forward to Gaudreau being in good crying form tonight. Would love it if Lucic belted him out of the rink. I mean what are the Flames going to do if we bring physical in this one. Would love to see Khaira destroy somebody again.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I hope Tkachuk plays so Nurse or Khaira beats the crap out of the turd.

On second thought, that was my outside voice. I hope he doesn't play (cue inside voice).

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Going to the game tonight. Trying to find a Halloween fly costume to wear. Think they'd put me on TV?

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Just looked at the Flames lineup for tonight. Double shift Connor and he may get five points. That bottom six forward group looks really weak.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
McLellan **** all over Draisaitl again so you know he'll have a big game provided he's not anchored with Lucic. I don't like our top line with Aberg on it. Put Slepy there or with Drai.

What did "The Mac Attack" say about Draisaitl?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
What did "The Mac Attack" say about Draisaitl?

Part 2 of McLellan shitting on Draisaitl's skating is all detailed in the Fire McLellan into the sun thread. Easier to just point to all the material there.

Part 1 was this season in November.

I think McLellan must be trying harder to lose the team and his job.

Reactions: PulYou

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Going to the game tonight. Trying to find a Halloween fly costume to wear. Think they'd put me on TV?

haha, that was a fun telecast. The GDT or PGT to that game was pretty funny. I came up with some lines in that one as well.

The funniest thing is I thought it was Gaudreau..

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad