YLW
Since no one else was doing it ...

:edmonton vs :devils

6-12-1 vs 10-7-1

7:00 PM Mountain
Rexall Place

News and Notes:
- Sekera out with the flu (Stauffer)
- Klef feeling iffy but took morning skate, looks to be good to go (Stauffer)
- Cammalleri back in the line-up for NJ (NJ board)

Last 5: :edmonton 1-3-1 / :devils 3-2

Last edited:

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Really feel this is a game we must win. Devils are a decent club who doesn't give up a ton of goals, but they are starting Kinkaid tonight

McDeathbyCheerios*

I thought the Devils would be bad this year. Apparently not.
Over achieving vets and Schneider.

I think they will start to fall off due to old man fatigue.

No Schneider tonight apparently. If we can for the most part contain Chicago, the Devils should be fine.

4-2 for the good guys.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
If the Oilers play this game like they played against the Hawks, they will win.

Assuming of course one of our goalies can be bothered to put up a SV% somewhere around .900...

McLotto 97

Believe in 13.5%
Mar 14, 2011
Edmonton
It will be my first game with my new 97 orange jersey (thanks Mr Katz although paying for the lettering would have been a nice touch)

Anyway, I expect the Oilers to Roll tonight because of it so predicting a 4-2 win. *edit* (Damit guy above also picked 4-2 so changing mine to a 5-2 win with an empty netter)
Picked my new seats in the new arena this morning also.

Jun 9, 2011
Not only are we waiting for guys to return due to injury and illness, we having guys playing with the flu, and we still looked good last game. Guys just need to do what they did last game, keep the intensity through 60 minutes.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
I have only lost in my McDavid jersey so will be rocking Eberle in Rexall tonight, so far 2-0 (vs Red wings and Flyers)

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
Over achieving vets and Schneider.

I think they will start to fall off due to old man fatigue.

No Schneider tonight apparently. If we can for the most part contain Chicago, the Devils should be fine.

4-2 for the good guys.

Old man fatigue...?

Let's see what team has the speed to win. If you haven't seen our play this year prepare for at big change.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Old man fatigue...?

Let's see what team has the speed to win. If you haven't seen our play this year prepare for at big change.
I don't mean right now.

I mean as the season rolls on. Your team is much better just think some of the over performing vets might fall off is all.

Also if you want to talk about speed, you have never seen Drai play.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Old man fatigue...?

I'm furious at how well Stempniak and Palmieri are doing. Every year our management - regardless of who it is - turns up their noses at guys like Stempniak and Winnik, and every year those guys go somewhere else, play well, and get their teams a good asset at the deadline.

The Devils have a funny split +/- wise, kind of like us, really. Their top 6 forwards and top pairing defenceman are doing well 5 on 5, everyone else is getting stomped into the mush.

Zajac is +7, Tootoo is -13 :laugh:

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
We played bad and Schneider cost a goal by miss playing the puck. But we almost tied it in the 3 period.

We haven't lost to in a row since we went 0-3-1 to start the season.

Toews said after the game we played them that we were matching there speed and for check.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
We played bad and Schneider cost a goal by miss playing the puck. But we almost tied it in the 3 period.

Toews said after the game we played them that we were matching there speed and for check.

Look, don't bring your good team schtick into here!

...We just wanna be good for one season... :cry:

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL

Matching speed isn't bad... Toews saw in our game we played them that he was slower than Draisaitl :sarcasm:

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
Leon Drais is such a beast you must be very happy with him..? I was on the yes train when the proposals with Drai for Severson was at it highest... But okay Severson has also been very good.

You will be McDavid good soon?

Let hope for a 4-4 game that gets won in ot

McDeathbyCheerios*

****... Sekera missing practice this morning...hopefully he is still playing.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Hope Talbot gets the start and gets a good game. Yak, please score a goal to so the haters can quiet down.

EDIT: Nilsson starts

McDeathbyCheerios*

Hope Talbot gets the start and gets a good game. Yak, please score a goal to so the haters can quiet down.

EDIT: Nilsson starts

Doesn't sound good for Talbot.aybe they are resting him for the road trip?

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Man, McLellan must really not believe in Talbot right now.

Nilsson hasn't exactly lit the world on fire the last couple of starts, and we're playing the Devils with their backup in.

And no Talbot. :amazed:

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
I'm hoping Purcell continues his strong play again tonight

Anyone ever wonder why he blinks so much when he is just looking around between whistles? His nickname should be blinky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad