Foegele-McLeod-Ryan
Shore-Holloway-Yamamoto
Benson

Nurse-Ceci
Kulak-Bouchard
Murray/Niemelainen-Barrie

Skinner
Campbell

Skinner in net gives me a good feeling about this one...Line 2 could be amazing if they are clicking...Yams on line 4 is long overdue.

Are these the actual lines?

Edit - I see this is what Stauffer has posted.

Reactions: BertMcDrai

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
RNH-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Kane-Draisaitl-Hyman
Foegele-McLeod-Ryan
Shore-Holloway-Yamamoto
Benson

Nurse-Ceci
Kulak-Bouchard

Skinner
Campbell

Skinner in net gives me a good feeling about this one...Line 2 could be amazing if they are clicking...Yams on line 4 is long overdue.

I'm actually happy to see Yamamoto get dropped. I am a bit surprised hes on the fourth line. I dont mind it though.

I dont particularly like RNH with JP though.

Seems obvious that RNH and Hyman should be together. I would put Kane with JP personally.

Wonder if Murray gets a chance after sitting for awhile.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Man I need a win. 3 weeks in a row I go into Monday with a double-double loss. Packers losing, Oilers losing. I've had enough of this BS. Both teams were suppose to be threats this year. Now I wish the Pack to just lose the rest of the year and get the high draft pick
Try being an Edmonton sports fan. Elks were eliminated months ago, They didn't even play last week of the season, and they aren't even named the Eskimos anymore. So that anytime theres an Oilers losing streak it feels like sports is taunting us.

About these lines..

The lines landed on Pulju with Drai and Kane for like 3 shifts in the third period and on one of them Pulju got the assist on a nice pass sending Nurse free. Of course this line, which should be the line, is not continuing to be the line. Its astounding to me its not being tried. Anytime these 3 forwards are accidentally out together they own.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
We've lost 2 games in a row after winning 5 in a row and HFoil is in complete shambles. I think they win a good close hockey game tonight. 3-2 Oil.
Oh I fully expect a W tonight because the Oilers see Ovechkin out there and always aim to impress against generational superstars. Its all the other games on the trip I worry more about.

Either him or Leon get the dud. Draisaitl just had Yamamoto handicapping him for the last 5 years. . Shows you how desperately we need another top 6 RW.
Fixed.

Reactions: Duke74

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
The lines landed on Pulju with Drai and Kane for like 3 shifts in the third period and on one of them Pulju got the assist on a nice pass sending Nurse free. Of course this line, which should be the line, is not continuing to be the line. Its astounding to me its not being tried. Anytime these 3 forwards are accidentally out together they own.

I think Kane - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi would be a great line.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Try being an Edmonton sports fan. Elks were eliminated months ago, They didn't even play last week of the season, and they aren't even named the Eskimos anymore. So that anytime theres an Oilers losing streak it feels like sports is taunting us.

About these lines..

I'm hoping for Benson . I really for bad for him. Looks like he put the work in the offseason to be a regular NHL player. He has bad luck with injuries

Reactions: Valhallis

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
We've lost 2 games in a row after winning 5 in a row and HFoil is in complete shambles. I think they win a good close hockey game tonight. 3-2 Oil.
I'll one up ya and go 4-2. Empty net goal Drai

Reactions: Mez

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I find it interesting that the two guys with the most shot attempts 5vs5 is playing with Draisaitl.

I would prefer that our 50 goal scorer shoots more rather than constantly deferring to other players. I think putting Hyman and Kane is just ensuring that Draisaitl continues to pass it around rather than firing more pucks 5vs5.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I find it interesting that the two guys with the most shot attempts 5vs5 is playing with Draisaitl.

I would prefer that our 50 goal scorer shoots more rather than constantly deferring to other players. I think putting Hyman and Kane is just ensuring that Draisaitl continues to pass it around rather than firing more pucks 5vs5.
The biggest issue being that a top 3 goal scorer in the NHL is now playing with two people who can't make plays with the puck. Kane and Hyman both terrible at playmaking.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Useless as Yamamoto has been offensively, I'm more appalled that he's a regular on the PK. Dude couldn't take away a passing or shooting lane if he used his whole body. He's not contributing anywhere. Demotion is earned. Frankly I'd even understand a healthy scratch at this point.

Our special teams have been huge to our success in the last few years. If our PK falters all year, the playoff race will tighter than it needs to be. Our defensive play needs to be fixed here, and fast.

The roster deployment on the PK this season has been a joke and Woodcroft deserves a lot of criticism for it, especially if changes aren't made soon.

Leon stinks killing 5 on 4 (despite being good 5 on 3) - get him off of it

Yamamoto is useless on it and gets constantly turnstiled. Get him off of it.

Barrie stinks on the PK - get him off of it.

Meanwhile you have Foegele who has a track record of being good on the PK, but doesn't even get a sniff. Shore, who can be a decent PK player, gets pushed aside to put Leon on it who isn't good and doesn't need the extra minutes.

The concept of "everyone plays on the PK" is cute in theory, but when it doesn't work it's time to get off of it.

Reactions: ToeMcDrag83

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
Optional skate this morning but sounds like it's the lineup from practice yesterday, as per Stauffer on Oilers Now.

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
RNH-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Kane-Draisaitl-Hyman
Foegele-McLeod-Ryan
Shore-Holloway-Yamamoto
Benson

Nurse-Ceci
Kulak-Bouchard

Skinner
Campbell

Ah yeah, long time Caps fan here I was just wondering if perhaps, just maybe that you guys would consider NOT murdering us tonight?

Oh and could you please ask Evander Kane not to play, it may trigger some of our fan base and I just don't feel like hearing it tonight.

Either way let me know, we are open to talks and look forward to hearing back from you

Thanks guys you are awesome
I made you some banana bread but you know physics and all

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Caps missing pretty much half of their team. Such notables as Oshie, Carlson, Backstrom, Wilson, Hagelin and Brown. Oilers better come prepared to compete against the rest and take advantage. Really need to bear down on their chances and make teams pay. Have done a shitty job of that lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad