GDT: Oilers vs Canucks - Final Rexall Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
How does he even show his face in public? I know he's delusional but he has to know everyone hates him in the building. Hope the fans let him have it if they announce his name.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Man.. ghost letting his team down on that game

Everytime I see Ghost play he is... Very visible.

Everyone always raves about him, but i just see Justin Schultz. He must be pretty good, scores a ton... just... I've never seen him do it.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
How does he even show his face in public? I know he's delusional but he has to know everyone hates him in the building. Hope the fans let him have it if they announce his name.

meh... I hope not... not the time for the shananigans.. Let the old man get the respect he earned as a player and for a short period as a coach

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
No kidding and they kept on saying Mark Smith. You figured somebody would have picked up on the mistake.

Anyway, what a treat to hear Bob Cole call this game, really gave that nostalgic feel.

So no feed for the post game ceremony? That's pretty freaking lame.
It's 30 minutes later, they're letting the players change. Should be back on if your watching sportsnet west.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Good on the boys for winning this one. I was really scared to see the reaction around here had we lost tonight.

Also it was great to hear Bob Cole. I wouldn't want him to call every game but the 3 or 4 games a year he does call are treats.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Good on the boys for winning this one. I was really scared to see the reaction around here had we lost tonight.

Also it was great to hear Bob Cole. I wouldn't want him to call every game but the 3 or 4 games a year he does call are treats.

Nothing has changed for me tbh, and I hope they don't fool the rest of you guys. This team is absolutely broken, and still needs big changes.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I noticed Kevin Lowe was listed on the alumni list but MacTavish wasn't. Is the latter smart enough not to appear?

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Anyone else notice the high abundance of Eberle chances without coming close to a goal? Mainly McDavid passes to a wide open net?

Yep. Ebs has benefitted a lot from being the only RHS in our top6 this season, another skilled guy would have made him sweat for that position on our pp.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Anyone know if they brought back Rod to call the game on the radio?

The Perfect Human*

Nothing has changed for me tbh, and I hope they don't fool the rest of you guys. This team is absolutely broken, and still needs big changes.

Bingo. The canucks are a brutal team and their effort level tonight was atrocious. their goalie was bad too.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
MacTavish tried to show up, but he went to the Saddledome by mistake.
y55Ase2.gif

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Everyone knows the team sucks and needs changes. Enjoy the win and the night for what it is. No need to be a grinch.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Yep. Ebs has benefitted a lot from being the only RHS in our top6 this season, another skilled guy would have made him sweat for that position on our pp.
Yah probably would have scored 30 again if healthy but yah I'm sure you're right.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB

I agree, I think everyone does, but... the crazy over-reactions that would've happened would be unbearable. This week someone mentioned trading Hall to New Jersey for Severson and Quenville. I mean that **** is just ridiculous.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Everyone knows the team sucks and needs changes. Enjoy the win and the night for what it is. No need to be a grinch.

I did enjoy it as much as I could. I also won't pretend they aren't the team we know they are. I know people don't like it when you aren't super stoked after a win, but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln