Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs. Avs. Saturday February 16th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
holy ****, we have the worst luck.

It's all part of the plan.

Edmonton-Oilers-General-Manager-Steve-Tambellini-open-about-No-1-Draft-Pick-dealing-NHL-Updates-74616.jpg

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Keep in mind it's only practice, Schult is back things can change.

Although why Petry doesn't get some PP time is curious.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Ryan Dittrick ‏@ryandittrick
Petry went back out, took a quick twirl and then headed to the room. Hopefully not serious. He had a smile on his face.

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer
I am pretty sure Justin Schultz will be a go for tomorrow.

Harley

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Hey, he's going to try Smyth on a powerplay unit? Cool. If he is going to do anything at all thats where he may help us the most.

Oh my, just a ton of pressure on them this game. All this practise time. If they play badly the fans are going to get restless. Lose confidence going into a brutal 9 game road trip. Yikes. This thing could really veer off course. This could be a very telling point in our team. How does Krueger manage the chaos? Which kids start bearing down and getting it done? Who falters and can't handle the pressure? Win or lose I think we will learn a ton about this team in the next month.

Even I'm nervous. lol I sometimes get little panic attacks wondering if these kids just aren't near as good as I hope. Style, talent, pedigree, wheels, shots, hustle. At some point none of that matters. It's just about winning hockey games. They have to find a way to get it done.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Not sure what Warreners problem is. What a turncoat.

lol at one of the players you played with for years throwing dirt on you in this way.

ftr Iggy was flying against Dallas and easily the best player on the ice.

Judging from the poll it looks like 80% of the flames fans posting are equally clueless. Iggy is a slow starter. But has hit for at least 30 goals in his last dozen seasons. He's averaged over 35 in the last couple seasons.

Whole lot of chicken little going on..

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
So... Just for arguments sake... If we don't have Petry tomorrow, and no Schultz...
Smid-Potter
Fistric-Whitney
Potter-Schultz?

That's so delicious.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
I'll assume that Petry is fine (he did have a smile on his face as he left the ice) and J. Schultz has a lot of mileage on him this year. This is more hockey than he's ever played over the course of a year so he's going to have some wear and tear. He's probably just taking a much deserved rest. After all, he's been carrying an entire defense core on his back for 13 games.

czar99

Nov 19, 2008
Shultz'z Place
I was just watching yesterday's interview with 94 on the oiler video center and in the last 15 seconds the a reporter asks him if he heard Rhett Warner's comment on Ryan's roll and how he perceives his roll to be on the team. Ryan responds by saying he didn't hear the comment.

Does any one know what Rhett Warner said? And does anyone have video?

oilersrule14

May 13, 2003
Visit site
I was just watching yesterday's interview with 94 on the oiler video center and in the last 15 seconds the a reporter asks him if he heard Rhett Warner's comment on Ryan's roll and how he perceives his roll to be on the team. Ryan responds by saying he didn't hear the comment.

Does any one know what Rhett Warner said? And does anyone have video?

Nothing to do with his role, he was just insulting players left right and center, I can only assume to get some attention. In one article, he said his ex-teammate Iginla had lost his compete level, Dany Heatley eats too many breakfast sandwiches, and that Ryan Smyth was turning into a joke.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Not sure what Warreners problem is. What a turncoat.

lol at one of the players you played with for years throwing dirt on you in this way.

ftr Iggy was flying against Dallas and easily the best player on the ice.

Judging from the poll it looks like 80% of the flames fans posting are equally clueless. Iggy is a slow starter. But has hit for at least 30 goals in his last dozen seasons. He's averaged over 35 in the last couple seasons.

Whole lot of chicken little going on..

FTR Iginla only came out flying after Rhett made those comments, because up to that point...Warrener was 100% correct on his assessment of Iggy.

czar99

Nov 19, 2008
Shultz'z Place
Nothing to do with his role, he was just insulting players left right and center, I can only assume to get some attention. In one article, he said his ex-teammate Iginla had lost his compete level, Dany Heatley eats too many breakfast sandwiches, and that Ryan Smyth was turning into a joke.

If Rhett Warner hadnt played for the flames I wouldn't know who he was. Thanks for the answer though.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers
What up, pink dog?! @Nail10_1993 has made a new friend at the @HairMassacure #Oilers pic.twitter.com/bbD9AB7i

BDLXtX2CQAAbzz7.jpg

Ohh, Nail. ;)

On a side note, Nail and Vande Velde could almost pass as brothers with their hair like that.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
FTR Iginla only came out flying after Rhett made those comments, because up to that point...Warrener was 100% correct on his assessment of Iggy.

He was pretty accurate with his assessment of Smyth as well. Hopefully has a positive impact on Smyth's play tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad