Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs. Avs. Saturday February 16th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
****!

overshoot.gif

Dan Tencer ‏@dantencer
Lines at practice today: Hall-RNH-Eberle, Hartikainen-Gagner-Hemsky, Smyth-Belanger-Yakupov, Eager-VandeVelde-Petrell

You better be alright, Schultz...

Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug
Oil lines Hartikainen Gagner Hemsky, Hall RNH Eberle, Smyth Belanger Jones, Eager vandevelde Petrell. Paajarvi and yakupov odd men out.

I don't know someone doesn't know the lines.

I feel really bad for Yakupov.

edit: Jones is in that spot right now. PRV and Yakupov odd men out.

They got a few days until the next game so they're probably just rotating men in and out.

You shouldnt, 18 year olds rarely get top 6 spots. Griorenko isn't and Galchenyuk/Gallagher just got moved up a few days ago.

I mean about playing with Smyth and Belanger.

Last few posts.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug
Sounds like Schultz was injured in some capacity but still practicing, coaches decided to shut him down for the day.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Good job oilbleeder, i don't care what the other refs say about you when you aren't around.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Lines I hope to see:

Hall-RNH Fistric (gotta get some grit on that line)
Nick Schultz-Hall- Eberle (gotta try Hall at centre)
Hemsky - Justin Schultz- Yakupov - Hartkianen (gotta get some scoring from the third line)
Petrell - Gagnerr - Belanger (Gotta win some draws)

Smid-Paajarvi (gotta play paajarvi on D)
Petry - Hall (gotta try Hall on D also)
Smid - Dubnyk (gotta have a big guy pair and Duby is good at shutting it down)

:dunno:

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
The Oilers are losing because they aren't scoring goals. Sitting the top goal scorer might not be the best idea right now.

Yeah, but if he's playing on a line with Smyth and Belanger, there's not a strong likelihood he's going to score anyway.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Ryan Dittrick ‏@ryandittrick
Asked Nick Schultz about kevlar (and other protective) socks. Says Eager wears them. Lots of good comments. Check out The Team Today later.

Reimer

Tambo Troll Face
Jan 19, 2006
I've said this for a while now, but until the Oiler kids can learn to score 5 on 5 and play defense they aren't going to do a whole lot.

Times will look really bad when the PP scoring dries up too. Fact is these are the growing pains of a young team.

Aside from getting some better fitting vets I'm not sure what this team can really do but be patient and keep developing.

Reimer

Tambo Troll Face
Jan 19, 2006
Ryan Dittrick ‏@ryandittrick
Asked Nick Schultz about kevlar (and other protective) socks. Says Eager wears them. Lots of good comments. Check out The Team Today later.

It's probably a good idea to wear them if they are available and feel just like the other socks.

However this is just a freak accidnet no different than the Hall face stomp last year(except Hall wasn't lost for entire season). However to me it's like wearing a visor, if the protection is there you might as well use it.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
I don't mind Yak on the third line so much. It lets him play RW for one thing, it gets him away from the other teams top 4 D. The only qualm I have is somebody needs to be able to get the puck to him. That and Belanger won't celebrate with him.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I never thought about "anti-cut" socks till now.

Like the Fedun injury (which no one cares about at the moment) it's something that comes up once or twice a year. Either some gets hurt like Karlsson or sliced on the wrist and it's brought up about why teams don't make them mandatory.

Oct 30, 2011
Like the Fedun injury (which no one cares about at the moment) it's something that comes up once or twice a year. Either some gets hurt like Karlsson or sliced on the wrist and it's brought up about why teams don't make them mandatory.

Speaking of which, I don't understand why the AHL stopped with the hybrid icing rule.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Dan Tencer ‏@dantencer
This is Chris VandeVelde wearing the kevlar sock. He switched after he got cut on the wrist. Not many guys wear them.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It's probably a good idea to wear them if they are available and feel just like the other socks.

However this is just a freak accidnet no different than the Hall face stomp last year(except Hall wasn't lost for entire season). However to me it's like wearing a visor, if the protection is there you might as well use it.

I hate visors, got stick got in one once.

With that being said, sock seems to be something that wouldn't be that bad to wear.

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
That sounds like a good argument for not putting the team's top goal scorer on a line with Smyth and Belanger.

Agreed. If he's not in the top 6, let him watch a game from the press box. It wouldn't do him any harm in terms of his overall development.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'd almost go with the same lineup against the Avs that we had against the Stars. It's not like we were outplayed. We played 2 solid periods and the wheels feel off early in the 3rd.

I guess the problem is sitting Smyth who assumes he's in for Saturday's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad