GDT: Oilers versus Dracula and the Blood Sucking Wild - 7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Stu finally with a key save when it mattered. Truly a rarity.

Just gotta claw to .500 and take it from there. Lot’s of hockey left to be played.

Lol you I said the same shit when he had a shut out. So whatever.

Reactions: Oil53

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
f***ing refs. If the wild would have tied it after that trip. I'd drive to New York myself and f***ing strap-on Gary.

You're going to what now?
ezgif-4-42110679cd.gif

• Haha
Reactions: McSpecial DraiBlend

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
The second goal I agree. But how is he supposed to be out further on a fast play from behind the net. He has to protect the post first. That's on his teammates like the first goal.
When the defense has the guy behind the net and no way he can wrap it around - you have to be on your feet and ready to push out to a shooter. He was on his knees, too deep, protecting nothing. It was an easy goal- I can’t remember who scored but he had the whole net to shoot at. The first goal- Skinner is 6’7- you can’t tell me who couldn’t take away the bottom of the net. We saw Fleury do it on the 2 on 1 with McDavid

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Stu finally with a key save when it mattered. Truly a rarity.

Just gotta claw to .500 and take it from there. Lot’s of hockey left to be played.
Yeah, but the monumental collapse of the 10 games will be difficult to overcome. Even if they went 4-6, they would be in a much better shape.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
When the defense has the guy behind the net and no way he can wrap it around - you have to be on your feet and ready to push out to a shooter. He was on his knees, too deep, protecting nothing. It was an easy goal- I can’t remember who scored but he had the whole net to shoot at. The first goal- Skinner is 6’7- you can’t tell me who couldn’t take away the bottom of the net. We saw Fleury do it on the 2 on 1 with McDavid

That play happened in a split second cmon now.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
That play happened in a split second cmon now.
but it didn’t. It wasn’t a one touch pass from behind the net. Stu was watching the play from his knees. Does he not look at possible guys in front? You can’t give up 3 goals on the Wilds only 3 chances. Sorry- I disagree

Reactions: Drivesaitl

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
6 wins in a row and still 5 points from the wild card spot. Crazy.
I think that’s the thing people didn’t get before. When you are as far back as we were, with the amount of teams between us and a spot, they weren’t all going to lose while we won.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I think that’s the thing people didn’t get before. When you are as far back as we were, with the amount of teams between us and a spot, they weren’t all going to lose while we won.
Some games in hand though and lots of hockey to play.

Reactions: Sanchez

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
but it didn’t. It wasn’t a one touch pass from behind the net. Stu was watching the play from his knees. Does he not look at possible guys in front? You can’t give up 3 goals on the Wilds only 3 chances. Sorry- I disagree

Should watch that replay. Looked very one touch to me.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Bad performance 1 game sample. Look at the last 5 games and tell me how awful Skinner is.
Sure. He had 2 games with an .850 sv%. He had a good game against Winnipeg. Oilers gave up next to nothing against Anaheim and Caroline. But yeah- last 5 games he had 2 that were AHL level.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Sure. He had 2 games with an .850 sv%. He had a good game against Winnipeg. Oilers gave up next to nothing against Anaheim and Caroline. But yeah- last 5 games he had 2 that were AHL level.

Oh no .850. You’re a numbers guy, did you know league average goaltending is a .900 this year? I’ll take slightly below average to get a shut out and 2 quasi shutouts any day over a 5 game winning streak, now 6.

Also, he’s 2.6M are you absolutely sure he isn’t worth that? Something the numbers might be able to illuminate on.

Before you apologized for disagreeing, I just want to say you don’t have to dude, disagreements are all good with me as long as the conversation is respectful.

Reactions: Drivesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad