Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
IMG_6891.jpeg

IMG_6890.jpeg

Dracula Hines and his lifeblood sucking Wild fly into town for their 4th game in 3 nights and 2nd of a B2B only getting into their coffins beds about 3 AM this morning.

They have been on an Undead Coach bump after firing Creed Bratton who returns back to The Office. However the Canucks put a composite stake through the heart of that streak last night and according to the Wild beat writer they are out of steam and a recent intense schedule is catching up to them.

The Oilers have had their blood sucked from them 9 out of the last 10 games vs the Wild but we must wear garlic when we play Dracula’s teams he has coached as we usually beat them up just for fun.

McDavid will have his silver cross singing tonight and if we get the same attention to detail as we’ve had in the past 5 games the Oilers should make the Tired Wild and their vampiric coach see daylight and turn to dust.

Plus the GDT Don’t Lose.

—————————————————————

:edmonton Projected Lines

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Kane-Draisaitl-Brown
Foegele-McLeod-Janmark
Gagner-Hamblin-Ryan

Nurse-Ceci
Ekholm-Bouchard
Kulak-Desharnais

Skinner

—————————————————————

:wildProjected Lines

Kaprizov - Rossi - Zuccarello
Johannsen - Ek - Boldy
Foligno - Gaudreau - Maroon
Duhaime - Dewar - Hartman

Brodin - Faber
Middleton - Spurgeon
Goligoski - Merrill

Fluery

—————————————————————

GD Music

Dragula - Rob Zombie

—————————————————————

Fearless Prediction

Oilers 4 Wild 1

—————————————————————

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
If the effort level and commitment to detail continue, we'll win.

I didn't watch their game last night against the Nucks, but from what I understand they look tired and a little listless. There's no reason to lose this game if the work rate and especially the fast starts remain the same.

From a standings perspective, this is also a pretty big one. Have the opportunity to jump two teams with a regulation win.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
Bloody hell.....can you imagine if we really had barbs!!!

Oilers with another strong first period....5-2 win.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
In the words of Superbad I don't really get the Hynes appearance mocking. "He looks just like a guy, like how guys look" heh

The Detroit coach is completely another matter. That guy looks like Nosferatu.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Specific to the game I think sometime in this homestand we have to get 2nd line pumping. Can't be McD running so much of our game and it has been for at least a handful of latest games. Sure the team is playing well and limiting chances but we need more spread out production.

I have a feeling Brown actually scores tonight which is a real weird feeling to have. Would like to see Kane and Drai drag puck more retaining it and making defenders work. Sometimes holding is better than losing pucks. These two are beasts when they go to strong on pucks mode. Tire the D out, then look for whats open.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
In support of shaved head men everywhere I offer this. Its a good look, a good look it is..

1702067336739.png

jk aside once you start shaving your head you don't go back. Feels great, Always feels like the wind is blowing lol.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
In the words of Superbad I don't really get the Hynes appearance mocking. "He looks just like a guy, like how guys look" heh

The Detroit coach is completely another matter. That guy looks like Nosferatu.

Not mocking Hynes. He literally looks like Dracula to me. If he looked like Brad Pitt I’d have a different thread title.

Lalonde now he looks like Dobbie from Harry Potter!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
heh, no worries. he just doesn't look like Dracula to me. Lalonde looks like spitting image of Nosferatu. So much it scares me heh.

Lalonde has the bid wide eyes and elephantine ears but I see Hynes with the evil thin beady eyes, drawn face and pinned back ears! Scary!

Reactions: Drivesaitl

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Specific to the game I think sometime in this homestand we have to get 2nd line pumping. Can't be McD running so much of our game and it has been for at least a handful of latest games. Sure the team is playing well and limiting chances but we need more spread out production.

I have a feeling Brown actually scores tonight which is a real weird feeling to have. Would like to see Kane and Drai drag puck more retaining it and making defenders work. Sometimes holding is better than losing pucks. These two are beasts when they go to strong on pucks mode. Tire the D out, then look for whats open.

The problem with that line is all three of them are beating the puck square at the moment, but not doing much to simplify. You're right that they are bears on the cycle, but they seem to have a hard time establishing that on zone entry at the moment. Drai seems a bit out of sorts with them because his game is more suited to playing with guys that are excellent puck handlers and neither of the guys he's playing with are.

That line could have a lot of success if they took a simplified approach of launching the puck on net and chasing it down in front, but Drai doesn't like playing that style and is often the puck carrier entering the zone making the first play. If he starts making the quick decision on zone entry to either shoot it or take it to the net himself I think that will suit his wingers better and the goals will start to accumulate.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018

Maybe check your temperature? ;)

The problem with that line is all three of them are beating the puck square at the moment, but not doing much to simplify. You're right that they are bears on the cycle, but they seem to have a hard time establishing that on zone entry at the moment. Drai seems a bit out of sorts with them because his game is more suited to playing with guys that are excellent puck handlers and neither of the guys he's playing with are.

That line could have a lot of success if they took a simplified approach of launching the puck on net and chasing it down in front, but Drai doesn't like playing that style and is often the puck carrier entering the zone making the first play. If he starts making the quick decision on zone entry to either shoot it or take it to the net himself I think that will suit his wingers better and the goals will start to accumulate.
Exactly. He's very stubborn in his ways. Everyone and their dog knows that after entering the zone, he'll slow down, button hook, and try passing through 8 sets of legs. If he wants to be considered an elite playdriver, he needs to take the puck to the net himself.

In addition, I think a big body and strong forechecker like Foegele is the ideal complement on that line and he's shown chemistry with Drai in the past. But I've been told that we can't break up the lines so we'll have to grit our teeth and pray for a miracle.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Maybe check your temperature? ;)

Exactly. He's very stubborn in his ways. Everyone and their dog knows that after entering the zone, he'll slow down, button hook, and try passing through 8 sets of legs. If he wants to be considered an elite playdriver, he needs to take the puck to the net himself.

In addition, I think a big body and strong forechecker like Foegele is the ideal complement on that line and he's shown chemistry with Drai in the past. But I've been told that we can't break up the lines so we'll have to grit our teeth and pray for a miracle.

Foegele is just shuffling the deck chairs with the result being the same problem. He also can't handle the puck at all (even worse than Kane and Brown).

I would prefer if a tactical change was made by that line instead of a personnel change, but if I had to make a tweak I might think about flipping Janmark and Brown to add a speed/puck handling element to the wings on that line. Janmark is no world beater, but he can handle the puck, can skate and is actually decent on the cycle. He's a guy that could actually keep everything alive after the first touch off Drai's stick.

Reactions: Duke74 and Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad