Pre-Game Talk: Oilers v. Ducks: The Return of J. Schultz

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoff

Apr 19, 2007
We need to be particularly careful because we are facing a shut down dman who is the plus minus leader in the league (+26) and one of the best 3rd line center/wing swing men who has 12 goals and is + 16. Tough task ahead of us.

haha, ouch.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Good chance to jump on a team that's been up and down of late and is on the second half of a back to back.

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
Nothing like a slide to temper a winning streak. I think the Ducks are a stronger team even without Getzlaf, so I'm not expecting a great result tonight.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
3 things going for us.

ANA played last night

Fasth played yesterday

They went to SO yesterday.

Ramenbot

May 2, 2010
Burbank
Dear, Anaheim fans.

You're welcome. RE: Chris Pronger.

Love, Edmonton fans

Hey, at least with Pronger there was a trade, so the Oilers got something. Schultz just ditched the team that drafted him, leaving them with no compensation, and a lost draft pick. The boos should be loud.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
We're going to lose Bigos the same way this year, looks like. Still hard to tell how good he'll turn out to be, though.

stratedge

Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
I don't get the anger. It was the league's and the PA's fault, not the Oilers and not Schultz, that be became a UFA. After that what else would he do but sign with a team on the upswing? Lots of other players will have the same thing happen, as far as I know they still didn't change the hole with the latest CBA.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I don't get the anger. It was the league's and the PA's fault, not the Oilers and not Schultz, that be became a UFA. After that what else would he do but sign with a team on the upswing? Lots of other players will have the same thing happen, as far as I know they still didn't change the hole with the latest CBA.

lol, if this had happened to the oilers the fan booing would be twice as bad from oiler fans.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Oilers win tonight. In fact, they need it badly. Get some momentum going. Next games aren't by any means gimme's, but are games the Oilers can win...

Ducks, Yotes, Flames, Wild, Aves.

Let's get another 5 game streak going!

Turrican*

Hey, at least with Pronger there was a trade, so the Oilers got something. Schultz just ditched the team that drafted him, leaving them with no compensation, and a lost draft pick. The boos should be loud.

Out of the 40 fans that post on HF, will the other Duck fans even know who Schultz is?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

They could've dealt him.

It's something teams should know by now. Be good to your college prospects because they have the option to leave you high and dry. We don't know the full story here to why he wanted out, but ANA knew for awhile and should've tried to get something for him like we did with Riley Nash for a 2nd(Marincin) a couple years back.

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
lol, if this had happened to the oilers the fan booing would be twice as bad from oiler fans.

true it would suck...but I think these College players have every right to exercise this option, its their life for crying out loud

Ramenbot

May 2, 2010
Burbank
They could've dealt him.

It's something teams should know by now. Be good to your college prospects because they have the option to leave you high and dry. We don't know the full story here to why he wanted out, but ANA knew for awhile and should've tried to get something for him like we did with Riley Nash for a 2nd(Marincin) a couple years back.

Even if the guy just really didn't want to play for Anaheim, fine, at least let management know. He flat out lied and said he wanted to sign. Very shady.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Dear, Anaheim fans.

You're welcome. RE: Chris Pronger.

Love, Edmonton fans

Thanks Edmonton+Lowe. Appreciate it.

We don't hate Edmonton, it's management (though if I was an Oiler fan I would hate everyone in charge), or its fans. You guys are passionate and patient. It's Schultz we don't like. And we're probably not gonna stop letting him hear it for a while.

Not hear to start a flame war. Just letting you know, waiting for Ducks fans to let it go is a waste of time. He worse than LeBroned us. At least LeBron made it public he was going to leave the team. You can debate that and justify it if you want, but that's just how we see it.

If anything it makes games between the two teams at Honda a little more lively.

stratedge

Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Even if the guy just really didn't want to play for Anaheim, fine, at least let management know. He flat out lied and said he wanted to sign. Very shady.

No, no he didn't. He just simply didn't sign, and Anaheim didn't sign him. Better teams have realized when things are going south and traded the player yet. He just did what others have done before him and many will do after him; decided to utilize the best options available to him.

http://www.anaheimcalling.com/2012/...e-agent-wisconsin-badgers-bob-murray-contract

As has been stated above, the same thing has happened to Edmonton in the past, and will be happening again to Edmonton in the near term future.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Watching the Ducks/Kings highlights yesterday.

Crowd was about half full.

When you're the 2nd best team in the league and your crosstown rival and defending champs come to town....and you can't sell the place....it's time to relocate.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Thanks Edmonton+Lowe. Appreciate it.

We don't hate Edmonton, it's management (though if I was an Oiler fan I would hate everyone in charge), or its fans. You guys are passionate and patient. It's Schultz we don't like. And we're probably not gonna stop letting him hear it for a while.

Not hear to start a flame war. Just letting you know, waiting for Ducks fans to let it go is a waste of time. He worse than LeBroned us. At least LeBron made it public he was going to leave the team. You can debate that and justify it if you want, but that's just how we see it.

If anything it makes games between the two teams at Honda a little more lively.

I, for one, don't blame you for being choked Schultz, that sucked, alot. MV's point is really to provide perspective. Like, sure you lost Schultz in a crappy way, but this team Gave you Pronger and you won a Cup because it.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010

When you're the 2nd best team in the league and your crosstown rival and defending champs come to town....and you can't sell the place....it's time to relocate.

Those are some funny highlights you are watching then.

(Was also a sellout)

I, for one, don't blame you for being choked Schultz, that sucked, alot. MV's point is really to provide perspective. Like, sure you lost Schultz in a crappy way, but this team Gave you Pronger and you won a Cup because it.
We take Smid back for Schultz and we can call it even :sarcasm:

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB

Yeah, i watched the game and the place was sold out and sounded like it had quite the atmosphere.

It was the Ducks 7th sellout of the season.

Don't know what highlights you were watching.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Ducks just called up Vatenen, which means this might be a battle of the AHL dmen point leaders.

Ramenbot

May 2, 2010
Burbank

Pronger wasn't "given." He was traded. And this really isn't an issue with the Oilers. Schultz could have gone to a team that has never done business with Anaheim, and it would be just as bad.

As has been stated above, the same thing has happened to Edmonton in the past, and will be happening again to Edmonton in the near term future.

What do you mean? Who's going to do this to Edmonton in the near future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad