Pre-Game Talk: Oilers v. Ducks: The Return of J. Schultz

Status
Not open for further replies.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Game's on Monday April 8th at 8:00 PM MST

‏@GenePrincipe
Justin Schultz is up against it. Answering questions about why he chose Edmonton over Anaheim. He handled it well.
BHRfGALCMAAC_1e.jpg

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

...Oh wait, he's with us now.

Feels good doesn't it?

This will be tough for us, but it's doable. The Ducks are 4-5-1 in their last 10, so it's not like their last loss was a one off. Need to play physical and lots of effort and we can do this.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Feels good doesn't it?

This will be tough for us, but it's doable. The Ducks are 4-5-1 in their last 10, so it's not like their last loss was a one off. Need to play physical and lots of effort and we can do this.

It does, but it would feel nicer if Anaheim wasn't having their current level of success.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
:laugh: the missed call from yesterday from the high stick by Kopitar. Solid work refs.

Gene Principe ‏@GenePrincipe 55m

High stick from yesterday's game in LA on Ryan Whitney drew blood. Today it turned into a black eye. pic.twitter.com/ivGDLheGKl

BHRoG9mCQAA7C41.jpg

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I expect we'll see more of the same in this game.

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut, but a blind zebra can't find a penalty.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Will J. Schultz be returning? Promise? Because it feels like he's been gone for like 20 games now.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Will J. Schultz be returning? Promise? Because it feels like he's been gone for like 20 games now.

Can't help but think he's burnt out. For a guy that's played ~40 games a season for the past three years, coming in and playing 34 games in the AHL and then 38 in the NHL must be tough for him. And on top of that, how much more physically demanding both leagues are.

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
I will enjoy eating their hate with a spoon and drinking their tears with a straw. There are players on that team and diehard fans that would love to see something legitimately bad happen to him and I love it. Will feel nice for once to be the villain going in somewhere instead of the lowly Oilers. Early in the game it will be so intense. Ducks fans have been waiting a long time for this.

I would love it if he goes out there and throws a big game on them like Tyler Seguin did the first few times he played the Leafs. But the young fella looks out of gas and has for some time.

I think this will come down to goaltending. Unless ours is much better than theirs we have no chance. They will get theirs they have a nice forward group all through the lines.

Their D is really slow and not great. Theyve been living off big offense and hot goaltending. If we can spread things out and run things quickly we have a chance. If we dont win today the chance at the playoffs is really done.

Last edited:

Angry Boys

Jun 23, 2009
We are getting this game live on Cable sport here in Australia. It is a rarity to get an Oilers game over here, with the start time being 12.30pm Tuesday local time

It will be nice to see an Oilers game here!!

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Oilers win this one tomorrow We get to see the other spectrum finally of playing a tired team instead of being the tired one.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
We are getting this game live on Cable sport here in Australia. It is a rarity to get an Oilers game over here, with the start time being 12.30pm Tuesday local time

It will be nice to see an Oilers game here!!

That's awesome, when I first moved to WA I never saw a game anywhere other than my laptop for half a year. Then one evening when taking a trip to Margret River I saw a TV in a pub playing a Leafs-Sabres game. I turned around and sat facing the bar while everyone at my table was facing the opposite way watching a band play. They all thought I was weird but it was such a beautiful sight.

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
4-2 Oilers is my predict..J.Schultz with 2 goals and a helper, one of the kids gets into a fight

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I like the Oilers' chances in this one, especially if Getzlaf isn't in the lineup. I really want to see Schultz have a good game to show up the Ducks fans.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Well not only is this a game that we need to keep in the playoff race, but it's a game that we have to show that we can beat the ducks. With 2 more games against them later in the month we have to be able to beat this team.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
We need to be particularly careful because we are facing a shut down dman who is the plus minus leader in the league (+26) and one of the best 3rd line center/wing swing men who has 12 goals and is + 16. Tough task ahead of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad