Pre-Game Talk: Oilers v. Ducks: The Return of J. Schultz

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 34s
#Oilers defenceman Andy Sutton will be speaking to the media shortly.

I'd assume at this point it would be retirement talk.

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
Pronger wanted out. At least you got SOMETHING. His request to be traded set your team back. Not the return. Also it's one guy. We lost both Pronger and Niedermayer. We used our pieces effectively to be a playoff threat again. Tambellini isn't smart enough to do something like that. Our Pronger trade managed to be Beauchemin, Sbisa, Palmieri, and Etem when all was said and done. Asset management has as much to blame for what happened as Pronger opting out.

What team would give up anything for a dman set on going to free agency? When Schultz decided that being an ufa was the best option for him, nobody would be willing to give up anything for him anways so I don't know why this always gets brought up regarding Pronger and Edmonton.

stoff

Apr 19, 2007
Ah so you just assume all College players that are in school are going to test the waters?

No i assume college seniors who are 2 months away from free agency will make a rational decision to choose where he wants to sign that would be best for him. Crazy i know.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Derek Van Diest ‏@SUNdvandiest 3m
Ales Hemsky not skating this morning. Not sure on his status. Ryan Jones taking his place at the moment. #Oilers

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
No i assume college seniors who are 2 months away from free agency will make a rational decision to choose where he wants to sign that would be best for him. Crazy i know.

This applies to numerous players every year. Nothing more then fear mongering.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
What team would give up anything for a dman set on going to free agency? When Schultz decided that being an ufa was the best option for him, nobody would be willing to give up anything for him anways so I don't know why this always gets brought up regarding Pronger and Edmonton.

We got a 2nd rounder for Nash a guy that was known to be on his way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad