Oilers Untouchables. #1

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
We know we have holes on this team that can be filled by making some painful trades. All of our top assets have been given arguments as to why they shouldn't be moved.

I'd like to know which players/prospects you would want to keep here the most. I'm going to do a poll every day.

Vote for who you want to keep the most on this team. I'm keeping McDavid off this list, as he is a no-brainer #1 (and we don't have him yet).

If you think another name should be on this list, please let me know.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Difficult call between the important PVP centre and a superstar winger, but ultimately Hall is this teams best player and that counts for too much.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Difficult call between the important PVP centre and a superstar winger, but ultimately Hall is this teams best player and that counts for too much.

That was my feeling as well. Hall, when he's healthy and on his game seems to tilt the ice everytime he's out there. McDavid will be the only other player who can do that.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Close but I gotta go with NuHo.

#1 Centers are hardly ever traded for a very good reason.

Watching Nuge pick apart the 3/4 Defenders, and face against the other teams second lines will be immensely fun to watch the next decade.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada

Watching Nuge pick apart the 3/4 Defenders, and face against the other teams second lines will be immensely fun to watch the next decade.

I'm with you. Tough not to take Hall but the value of a good center is just too high for me.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation

While this is true, we've got this McDavid dude coming in to play centre.

Also, Hall is our best player and has been so for at least the last three years.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
took Hall...he's already a star in this league and he's just so dynamic that he makes a difference on the ice every time he steps on it...him and McDavid will be magic

Nuge a very close 2nd

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'm going against the consensus and will say Nurse.

I feel that outside of McDavid, he will be most key to the Oilers success going forward if he reaches his potential not only because of his ceiling but also because of his style of play and leadership qualities. McDavid will be wearing the C but I feel that Nurse will be the real captain.

If the Oilers get a #1 Dman/top pairing Dman, it will have to developed from within and Nurse is the best chance of having one. If he doesn't develop into that, the Oilers could be in big trouble because I don't see another team giving the Oilers one of theirs so they can't afford to deal him under any circumstance unless it's a surefire, young #1 coming back in return.

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
McDavid
Hall
RNH

Although I am open to just McDavid if guys don't buy into McLellans systems and start taking the bull by the horns

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
it is close between hall and nuge but mcdavid makes nuge slightly expendable...more than he was before mcdavid anyway

J4M13M

Jun 4, 2014
Saint John NB
I picked Hall, but it's a virtual tie.

Hall is a game-changing forward and RNH is a multi-tool centre. You don't trade either of those things and expect to win the trade.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Hall. Our best player & if we trade him, we're gonna find ourselves in the Pens situation. Great centers, no wingers to play with them.

Captain Pilsner

Sep 1, 2005
It's so close, but I've gotta go Nuge over Hall. Two reasons:

1) I don't know the stats, but feel that RNH produces a greater proportion more versus what he gives up than Hall.

2) Their different styles of play may allow Nuge to play very meaningfully into his late thirties, while Hall is much more likely to suffer more significant injuries over a long enough timeline

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
You can certainly make a good case that top centers are more important than top wingers, but Hall has, at times, played like a top 5 winger in the entire NHL, and on a craptastic team, for that matter.

I've got tons of times for RNH, but in terms of ceiling, I think Hall's is likely higher, and acquiring talent is the hardest thing for an organization to do.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Nurse because we have no one else like him. We have an abundance of skilled forwards, so I would part with any of them if the right deal came along to fill a needed position.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Hall, he's our most accomplished player, and will probably be our best offensive producer for another 2 seasons or so before McDavid goes ham.

Can we remove Justin Schultz from the list. Unlike many other fans, I actually want to give him a second chance under a non-Eakins coach, but he's nowhere close to the value he held 3 years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad