Friedman: Oilers trying to move Andrew Ference's cap hit

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Trader Jim will take Ference off your hands if the Oil add 4th round pick and they take back one of Mackenzie Stewart, Anton Cederholm, or Yan Pavel Laplante

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Leafs are rumored to be in the market for a cap dump to bring back additional assets...

What about Ference for a pair of 3rds? One this year, one next?

Leafs replace picks lost due to Babs and Lou.

Does not make any sense unless we send a player back. We have just enough to cover bonuses this year.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
You cool with next years' second? Boston gets tge Oilers 2017 2nd for hiring Chia.

I mean we should take on expiring contracts that teams want to dump because we have deadline cap space to do it. Why not do it when we can afford it if that gives us a pick or two?

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
I don't get it.
His contract is up after this year, and we are not in cap trouble.
So why give up an asset? Insurance would be paying his salary...
What am I missing??

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I don't get it.
His contract is up after this year, and we are not in cap trouble.
So why give up an asset? Insurance would be paying his salary...
What am I missing??

ELC performance bonuses for McJesus and German Gretzky carry forward to next season.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Surprised the Leafs didn't take him and stick him on Robidas island. Chiarelli probably didn't want to give up the price Lou was asking. Seems like a match made in heaven.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Trading Ferrence for a pick can still happen even though the trade deadline has passed.

The trade deadline means that any player traded after the deadline can't play for the new team in the playoffs. BUt since you're talking about a non-active player, the Oilers can make that trade anytime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad