Friedman: Oilers trying to move Andrew Ference's cap hit

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Ference on LTIR? Or is he just buried?

He's on LTIR with a career ending hip injury. He'd be retired if not for the fact he was still under contract this season. But because of the Oilers bonuses on McDavid/Draisaitl they can't take advantage of any bonus LTIR cap space from Ference.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
What are the Oilers willing to pay teams to take him?

I can't imagine it would be much. Insurance is covering his salary I'd think so basically a team is only taking on the dead cap hit which at this late point of the season is not very much.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
It will probably cost us a decent pick or prospect. Not excited to see the price, but if it helps lead to a bigger deal it will have been worth it.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I can't imagine it would be much. Insurance is covering his salary I'd think so basically a team is only taking on the dead cap hit which at this late point of the season is not very much.

Do we know insurance is covering it? I am not so sure it would. This is a real question since it would impact the price.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Oilers still kinda interested in Halak right? Wouldn't mind Ference's salary coming the other way if there's a pick with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad