Proposal: Oilers Trades ... (CGY; ARI; MTL; MIN)

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
But Bourgault is French, how can the Canadiens refuse?!?!?! Not to mention that ALL of us Habs fans believe we could then flip Niemeläinen for a 1st-round pick!

I'd try Bourgault on the Habs, but not at the cost of Xhekaj

However, we have a wealth of young dman prospects, there's something to be done here

smytty

Aug 1, 2015
Flames would trade Tanev for a 1st straight up, so you're saying the oilers would have to pay a 4th to move Ceci?

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
And what's looking like 2 career minor leaguers is not an overpay

Being sent to the AHL to work on your game doesn’t mean a player is going to be a career minor leaguer and Arber won’t be a career minor leaguer. If his upside was that of a career AHL player, no teams would have interest in him and from reports, teams are looking to trade for him

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Opened this up when it was posted and closed it soon after. Responses along the lines of what I expected.

The Oil dont need Maroon, he isn't the same player he was when he played for us.
Of course not, but he is still big, tough, and plays smart. There is always a place for that in the playoffs, especially when you are playing teams like VGK.

I mean, what do you expect for a 4th and cap dump, for a guy that makes 800K?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If you took out Ingram and McBain, Arizona would still decline. That’s not even enough to dump Campbell’s contract, let alone gain assets in the process.

Furthermore, if you took out Campbell, Arizona would still decline easily. Broberg and Savoie aren’t worth as much as McBain and Ingram.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Oilers at the trade deadline;

EDM - Tanev ($2,250,000 retained), 2024 4th round pick (NJD)

CGY - Ceci, 2024 1st round pick (EDM)
------------------------------------

EDM - Ingram, McBain

ARI - Broberg, Campbell, Savoie
----------------------

EDM - Xhekaj

MTL - Bourgault, Niemeläinen
-------------------------

EDM - Maroon

MIN - Janmark, 2025 4th round pick (EDM)
Habs trade is a joke

Reactions: viceroy

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Of course not, but he is still big, tough, and plays smart. There is always a place for that in the playoffs, especially when you are playing teams like VGK.

I mean, what do you expect for a 4th and cap dump, for a guy that makes 800K?
My comments were not a slight on Maroon at all. As had been mentioned by @brentashton earlier, the Oil could use a bottom 6 center and Perry already fills what role Maroon would have.

Reactions: brentashton

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
All these are outrageously in edmontons favor.

Flames one won’t work as Ceci isn’t a rental. Flames would want more to take on that 2 year contract. Remove the pick from Calgary as well.

The other three can’t be fixed they suck so bad.

Bourgault has no value. Bad pick. Take your L on that one. No way Habs hit that trash offer.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
All these are outrageously in edmontons favor.

Flames one won’t work as Ceci isn’t a rental. Flames would want more to take on that 2 year contract. Remove the pick from Calgary as well.

The other three can’t be fixed they suck so bad.

Bourgault has no value. Bad pick. Take your L on that one. No way Habs hit that trash offer.

I think the Minnesota deal is good for Minnesota, I would do it

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

EDM - Ingram, McBain

----------------------

EDM - Xhekaj

EDM - Maroon

Hughes hangs up the phone and blocks your number

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Fundamentally, I dont believe that Conroy as a rookie GM AND one in Calgary, will do a deal with Edmonton, even if it’s the best he can get in the marketplace. And no one would know it was the best deal unless leaked. When Lucic was swapped with Neal a few years back, there were mutual benefits to truly mutual bad situations being addressed. That’s not the same here.

As stated by others, Arizona doesn’t do that deal you’ve outlined. Armstrong has said he wants more picks than just bodies (not to mention a 5Mil cap hit without some additional “payment” and I beleive the value of Ingram-McBain is more than those 3 Edmonton players.

Edmonton and Montreal, perhaps it could happen. There is unknown potential and potential upside in all three of those players. I am curious why Mtl would do this deal, aside from 2 for 1 on prospects. Have they given up on Wifi?

Big NO to Maroon. Not what they need for the playoffs. They need a bottom six Center. Perry, already on the roster, delivers anything that Maroon can at this stage of their respective careers.
1) it would never happen

2) Montreal wouldn't make this deal.

3) No, they haven't given up on him. He's been playing recently in the top 4, 2nd PP and has 2 goals in his last 3 games

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Flames deal is the only one that isn't lopsided for the Oilers.

If the Wild are willing to do what @57special mentioned, I'd do that trade in a heartbeat if we can get the cap to match.

Fleury @50% (if he agrees) and Maroon
for
Janmark and a 2nd
The Flames deal isn't lopsided, but I'm not sure it'd be the best offer, especially with having a mult-season cap dump and retention.

Take out the pick going to Edmonton and add some compensation to eat salary next year (Holloway), and it might end up being the best offer. Otherwise, I think we can get a 1st and a dump that doesn't go beyond this season and the Flames wouldn't doing the Oilers a favor by improving their cap situation next year.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
1) it would never happen

2) Montreal wouldn't make this deal.

3) No, they haven't given up on him. He's been playing recently in the top 4, 2nd PP and has 2 goals in his last 3 games
I knew it had to be too good to be true. It was the one proposed trade of the 4 that I thought might be in the Oilers interests but why I also asked why MtL would consider doing the trade Thanks for the additional perspective.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

EDM - Ingram, McBain

----------------------

EDM - Xhekaj

EDM - Maroon

Probably not getting retention on Tanev without paying more for it.

Why does Arizona or Montreal do either grade? We are winning those huge

We don’t need Maroon. We got the better version of him in Perry.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I'd try Bourgault on the Habs, but not at the cost of Xhekaj

However, we have a wealth of young dman prospects, there's something to be done here
I am not expert but I watched a break down on YouTube by a known AHL guy, Forget his name. He was of the opinion Bourgault is being help back by line mates. He appearently gets stuck with 4th line AHLers. He also stated he produces as soon as he plays with any of the top 6 forwards. My opinion has always been not to trade him. He just a smart player and you can't teach brains.

I am not argue trade value or weather Montreal would do the trade as I can see why they wouldn't. I just think Bourgault gets undervalued on these boards, even by Oiler fans

Reactions: Bouboumaster

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The Flames deal isn't lopsided, but I'm not sure it'd be the best offer, especially with having a mult-season cap dump and retention.

Take out the pick going to Edmonton and add some compensation to eat salary next year (Holloway), and it might end up being the best offer. Otherwise, I think we can get a 1st and a dump that doesn't go beyond this season and the Flames wouldn't doing the Oilers a favor by improving their cap situation next year.
adding holloway to "dump" ceci.

Thats a good joke, suddenly you turned that proposal into the worst one posted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad