Proposal: Oilers Trades ... (CGY; ARI; MTL; MIN)

oil10

Jun 15, 2012
Oilers at the trade deadline;

EDM - Tanev ($2,250,000 retained), 2024 4th round pick (NJD)

CGY - Ceci, 2024 1st round pick (EDM)
------------------------------------

EDM - Ingram, McBain

ARI - Broberg, Campbell, Savoie
----------------------

EDM - Xhekaj

MTL - Bourgault, Niemeläinen
-------------------------

EDM - Maroon

MIN - Janmark, 2025 4th round pick (EDM)

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I’d do the Calgary one to get a 1st for Tanev as much as I hate helping the Oilers out. Aside from that it’s probably a bunch silence on the other end of the phone.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Oilers at the trade deadline;

EDM - Tanev ($2,250,000 retained), 2024 4th round pick (NJD)

CGY - Ceci, 2024 1st round pick (EDM)
------------------------------------

EDM - Ingram, McBain

ARI - Broberg, Campbell, Savoie
----------------------

EDM - Xhekaj

MTL - Bourgault, Niemeläinen
-------------------------

EDM - Maroon

MIN - Janmark, 2025 4th round pick (EDM)
Fundamentally, I dont believe that Conroy as a rookie GM AND one in Calgary, will do a deal with Edmonton, even if it’s the best he can get in the marketplace. And no one would know it was the best deal unless leaked. When Lucic was swapped with Neal a few years back, there were mutual benefits to truly mutual bad situations being addressed. That’s not the same here.

As stated by others, Arizona doesn’t do that deal you’ve outlined. Armstrong has said he wants more picks than just bodies (not to mention a 5Mil cap hit without some additional “payment” and I beleive the value of Ingram-McBain is more than those 3 Edmonton players.

Edmonton and Montreal, perhaps it could happen. There is unknown potential and potential upside in all three of those players. I am curious why Mtl would do this deal, aside from 2 for 1 on prospects. Have they given up on Wifi?

Big NO to Maroon. Not what they need for the playoffs. They need a bottom six Center. Perry, already on the roster, delivers anything that Maroon can at this stage of their respective careers.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I’d do the Calgary one to get a 1st for Tanev as much as I hate helping the Oilers out. Aside from that it’s probably a bunch silence on the other end of the phone.

Yeah I’d only do it if that was the only way the flames could get a first

Could probably flip Ceci next tdl for a mid rounder or something too and in the mean time he’d be a much needed warm body on the blue line

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I think we'd need to target vlejmelka with that offer and hope he rebounds. I want to keep Ceci and add Tanev personally.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
lol there's zero chance the Flames both retain AND take back a cap dump while also giving up a pick in a Tanev trade. That's just straight up fantastical to delusional type of thinking.

Given how Murray Edwards and the Flames operate, it's a virtual guarantee that they'd take something like a 2nd + 4th to trade Tanev elsewhere if it meant no salary retention or cap dumps.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
AS a Wild fan, I would do the MN deal. Would also consider adding Fleury(max protected), and do the pair for a 2nd.

The ARI deal looks awful for ARI. Nobody wants that Campbell contract, unless the pot is sweetened considerably.

MTL deal stinks for MTL.

I don't know how CAL would feel about that deal. Even a late 1st would be kind of nice this year. There look to be a lot of useful Dmen prospects that could be taken around then in the draft this year.

Last edited:

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
If Calgary's retaining 50% and throwing in a mid-round pick I think they can get a 1st without taking a Capdump into next season, I'd want a 2nd from Edmonton if we take Ceci

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Flames deal is the only one that isn't lopsided for the Oilers.

If the Wild are willing to do what @57special mentioned, I'd do that trade in a heartbeat if we can get the cap to match.

Fleury @50% (if he agrees) and Maroon
for
Janmark and a 2nd

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Opened this up when it was posted and closed it soon after. Responses along the lines of what I expected.

The Oil dont need Maroon, he isn't the same player he was when he played for us.

Reactions: Dr Awesome

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5