Proposal: Oilers Trades ... (CGY; ARI; MTL; MIN)

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
I doubt Calgary would do that deal. Calgary retains on Tanev, plus gives up a 4th round pick, plus has to take back Ceci, who has an additional year at a cap hit of 3.25, and a real dollar hit at 3.5? That's pretty awful. It would be bearable (not good, but bearable) if Ceci expired this season.

Flames apparently have been offered a 2nd + B prospect by more than one team, and I think if they wait, they can do better than this offer.

I think all 3 trades are too lopsided in Edmonton's favour.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Oilers are going to want cap space. They need to move money out to bring anybody in. They only 6 deep on Blueline also so they going to need to add there for playoffs.

Habs sitting there with 10 million caproom. Wonder what Oilers pay to dump Ceci?

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Being sent to the AHL to work on your game doesn’t mean a player is going to be a career minor leaguer and Arber won’t be a career minor leaguer. If his upside was that of a career AHL player, no teams would have interest in him and from reports, teams are looking to trade for him
I was referring to the 2 pieces from Edm as career minor leaguers. Have seen nothing from each lately to suggest they will make it as regular NHLers.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
Arizona takes salary cap dumps not actual salary dumps. That a definite no
If Flames could get a first for Tanev he would have been traded already. They could retain on Ceci and flip him for a pick so that one is close to fair except for of course they are dealing him to Edmonton so not enough to deal with the “devil”
Oilers no interest in Maroon especially after getting Perry.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Don't think Flames take on Ceci's salary this year and next, retain on Tanev, and give Edmonton a 4th for a 1st.

Could be wrong, but that's my guess.
Retaining on Tanev AND taking back a cap dump in Ceci is easily worth a 1st on its own

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Not a single flaming f*** chance.

This would be the price you pay to get rid of Campbell alone. We're definitely not adding our #1G who has been a great goalie in the NHL in general with us, and we're certainly not adding McBain who is going to likely become Crouse or a better version of Crouse because he can play center.

We also wouldn't want Broberg because he's just another version of the ~8D we have right now. We need a shutdown RHD more than anything, or at the very least someone who is big and willing to stand in the crease and clear guys out. Broberg isn't that. He's big but doesn't use his size and he's certainly not a shutdown D. He also isn't even clearly that much better than Soderstrom, who we don't even have space for on our roster.

If we traded Ingram we'd be looking at something similar to the Kuemper deal.

There's no shot we trade McBain.

Awful deal.

Reactions: Nowotny

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Arizona takes salary cap dumps not actual salary dumps. That a definite no
If Flames could get a first for Tanev he would have been traded already. They could retain on Ceci and flip him for a pick so that one is close to fair except for of course they are dealing him to Edmonton so not enough to deal with the “devil”
Oilers no interest in Maroon especially after getting Perry.
Tanev pulling a 1st isnt out of the question. There's still 2 weeks to the deadline. Plenty of time for a bidding war

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad