Hall-Nugent Hopkins-Eberle
Pouliot-Roy-Yakipov
Draisaitl-Lander-Purcell
Hendricks-Gordon-Pitlick

Hanifin-Schultz
Nurse-Fayne
Ference-Klefbom/Marincin

Overly optimistic.

a) MacT will fail to resign Lander - and he will go back to Europe.

b) He will insist Draisatl play centre.

c) Marincin will be traded for picks or something.

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Pouliot - Roy - Yakupov
Pitlick - Draisatl - Purcell
Hendricks - Gordon - Klinkhammer

Klefbom - Schultz
Nurse - Fayne
Ference - Nikitin

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
For the guys saying you don't buyout Nikitin or Purcell, you DO buy them out if the cap stays at 69 or somehow is lower.

Why?

There will be a crapload of teams in cap hell and the Oilers will be in a great spot to land quality pieces from some of these teams (Chicago, Boston, New York ,etc.)

It's the Thrashers/Jets model.

Within a few weeks they got Byfuglien and Ladd from cash strapped Chicago.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Aim for Kevin Klein from NYR, MDZ from Philly (for offence), ship out Nikita Nikitin and Andrew Ference. Overpay for Boychuk. Trade M. Fayne (or Justin Schultz, but who are we kidding?) to WAS for D. Orlov and a 2nd next year (I love Orlov).

Klefbom/Marincin-Boychuk
MDZ-Klein
Orlov/Klefbom-Schultz
Marincin/Nurse/Orlov

Draft Jacky Eichel. Draft someone decent with that Pitts 1st. Please draft Blackwood with the first 2nd rounder. Resign Derek Roy. Purcell gets moved to Nashville for Eric Nystrom after we beg and plead and they take pity (add some scoring depth or something)
Pouliot-RNH-Ebersquee
Hall-Roy-Yakupov
Nystrom-Lander-Eichel
Hendricks-Gordon-Klinkyklink

Trade for Eddie Lack.
Scrivens
Lack

I can't do it guys.

IrishDart

Jan 15, 2015
if mact stays as gm--here is the roster for the first game this fall

Hall--Nuge-Eberle
Purcell--Leon-Yak
Pouliot-Gorcdon-Purcell
Iiro Pakarinen-Lander--Rob Klinkhammer

D
Klefbom
Schultz
Nurse
Nikten
Fayne
Ference
Jordan Oesterle

G
Scrivens
Laurent Brossoit

and we finish 28th

If I was GM--I would reset the rebuild and that would mean clearing out the guys who were part of phase one

moves I would make
1) Resign Roy 2y 4mill contract (2 mill year
2) Either buy out Nikiten or find a team to take if we need to eat salery we eat salery to move him for a 7th round pick
3) Sign Boychuck to a 6y 36mill contract (that is what it will take)
4) Tell Nurse and Leon enjoy your time in Bakersfield--you are there for the year
now here is where the fun begins and you guys get mad at me

trade 1-Hall to TB for johnny Drouin, Andrei Vasilevskiy, 2017 first round pick and Ondrej Palat
trade 2-Eberle to boston for Milan Lucic and resign him for money starting 2016
trade 3- Schutz to the leafs for Dion
trade 4--Pitts number 1 to Vancouver for Zack Kassian

these trades do not help us immidiately--but help long term and NO ONE WILL LIKE ANY OF THE TRADES BUT ME--it 430am and I am bored. This is rebuilding the rebuild--

Lines after the retool longterm

2017/2018
Druin-Nuge-Yak
Lucic-Leon-Kassian
Ondrej Palat-Lander-Pitlick
Pouliot-coke machine 1 coke machine 2

D
Klefbom
Nurse
Dion
Marincin
Faryne
Noah Hanifin or Oliver Kylington (I really like this kid)
TBA

Goalies
Scrivens and Vasilevskiy

remember this is a proper reset and are not ment to make us better right away

but attack anyway and have fun

There is no way in hell Tampa Bay does that trade. The rest of it, I could see as possible, but not the Tampa Bay trade.

You're asking them to give up a two top 6 wingers, a high potential future #1G and a 1st round pick for a one-dimensional scoring overpaid injury prone winger?

I'm sorry. Lots of people will blast me on my opinion of Hall, but each of Palat and Drouins could be as good as Hall as soon as next year.
Remember, we're talking about a guy who hasn't scored more than 30 goals in a season yet, and has been injured every season of his career.
And the topper is that he's getting paid more than all four of what we'd take from them, for the next 3 years at least.

Bishop is great in net for them, but why would they give up their best goalie prospect?
And adding in a 2017 1st round pick?

This is very lop-sided trade heavily in Edmonton's favor and the only way anyone can suggest it is based on the high overvaluation of Oilers talent.

Hall is not worth that. He's worth at best, two of the four pieces. I'm sorry. Blast me all you want. But this is a realistic assessment of his value.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Add: Niemi, Boychuk, Seabrook, Winnik, Moss
Subtract: Fasth, Nikitin, Schultz, Hendricks, Purcell

Holes to fill after that (could be internally, through trading one of the subtractions, or through an extra signing):
-one more bottom-6 winger
-one more centre who can play versatile minutes (Arcobello would actually be my ideal. Sit him or play him anywhere from 4th to 2nd line as a C or W).
-one more #4-6 d-man
-an extra d-man of Potter/Aulie ilk (leaning farther towards Potter's ability though) to play with veteran savvy in the event of injuries.

I don't know if that's a playoff team, but it's a lot closer than what we have now.

Also, I'm not keen on losing Schultz, and especially not Purcell or Hendy, but each of them can be replaced by better players for what they make or replaced at the same level for cheaper. And this team needs to clear up some cap space if it wants to make significant improvements at key positions (rather than backup goalies, 4th liners, etc as they've been doing for a long time).

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Regardless of what Mac T says, we probably will see a big trade this off season. My guess is that Yakupov, Marincin and Scrivens gets traded. Roy will not be re-signed. Oilers will sign Boychuck, Niemi, O'Connor and a bottom six winger. The return for yak will be a young defenceman from the east. PIT 1st will be traded for a 2C.

Approved Variety

Nov 14, 2010
#1 priority for our team is, in order:

-Find a legit NHL GM (won't happen, hey MacT!)
-Get a #3-4D to play top pairing minutes so Klefbom doesn't have to carry Schultz on his shoulders for even harder minutes (Oh, there's no chance we get a #1-2D, I'm being realistic, sorry- I'd rather us hang some FA Dman and Fayne out to dry on the top line than our young talent.)
-Make sure Draisaitl, Nurse and anyone we draft not named McJesus don't play in the NHL next season barring an emergency
-Keep Roy and Yak together, hopefully alongside either Pou or Hall

Yeah, that's about it.

Pouliot-Nuge-Eberle
Hall-Roy-Yakupov
Who cares-Lander-Who cares
Hendricks-Gordon-Klinkhammer

Chump LHD-Fayne
Klefbom-Schultz
Ference-Nikitin
Marincin

Scrivens
Another FA goalie who has #1 potential in MacT's eyes, but is as of yet an unproven, not awful backup

Buckle up, kiddos, that's our lineup next season. And this...is if we're lucky. Anyone expecting a legitimately BETTER lineup that somehow makes us competitive is sadly dreaming.

This team only stops being bottom 8 the year after next, IF we allowed Draisaitl and Nurse to stay in Bakersfield all season, and IF this year's pick is ready by then as well, otherwise Bakersfield he goes for another year.

I'd rather have another ****** team than rush our young talent ever again. And if you're smart you'll agree.

My prediction for when this playoff drought ends? 2017/2018 season. So not next year, and not the year after next either. (But the '16/17 season we'll at least not be a joke. See: Dallas, Philly this year. Not going to make the playoffs, but at least their games are still meaningful.) Oh, and in '17/18, we most likely go out in the first, but hey...we got in, right?

I am an optimist, but also a realist.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Friedman said today that Chicago would trade both Bickell and Sharp before considering dealing Seabrook.

I'd like both please and thank you!

Sharp + Bickell for Purcell + Marincin + 1st PIT + 2nd MTL

Sharp is having an off-year, and think of how much space this opens up for Chicago going forward. They seem to have lost a step this year, so depending how far they mae it in the playoffs, they could look to make some moves.

Hall-Sharp-Yakupov
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
Bickell-Roy-Lander
Wagon line

Daaaaaaamn. If only. Now to the defence...

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I'd like both please and thank you!

Sharp + Bickell for Purcell + Marincin + 1st PIT + 2nd MTL

Sharp is having an off-year, and think of how much space this opens up for Chicago going forward. They seem to have lost a step this year, so depending how far they mae it in the playoffs, they could look to make some moves.

Hall-Sharp-Yakupov
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
Bickell-Roy-Lander
Wagon line

Daaaaaaamn. If only. Now to the defence...

Taking Purcell's contract back completely defeats the exact purposes of why they'd be trading Bickell and Sharp. The Hawks aren't looking to trade them to 'shake things up' or because they're sick of those 2.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Taking Purcell's contract back completely defeats the exact purposes of why they'd be trading Bickell and Sharp. The Hawks aren't looking to trade them to 'shake things up' or because they're sick of those 2.

Except that Purcell + Marincin are several millions of dollars cheaper than Bickell + Sharp. Add that to the fact that Purcell has only one year left on his contract compared to 2 for Bickell and 2 for Sharp.

It could potentially turn out like this for them:

Sharp + Bickell

vs

Purcell + Marincin + 1st + 2nd + signing a player in the 5-6 million dollar range.

Lets call Bickell and Purcell a wash. Thats a pretty solid return for an underperforming and expensive Sharp.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
They only need to move Bickell to keep Seabrook, so yeah from their POV I'm not seeing the incentive to deal Sharp as well unless they high value Marincin for some reason.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Except that Purcell + Marincin are several millions of dollars cheaper than Bickell + Sharp. Add that to the fact that Purcell has only one year left on his contract compared to 2 for Bickell and 2 for Sharp.

It could potentially turn out like this for them:

Sharp + Bickell

vs

Purcell + Marincin + 1st + 2nd + signing a player in the 5-6 million dollar range.

Lets call Bickell and Purcell a wash. Thats a pretty solid return for an underperforming and expensive Sharp.

If that's the case, Chicago would just leave Purcell and Bickell out of the deal. I'm sure they prefer Bickells game more than Purcell's, plus Bickell is cheaper.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Funny that everyone's lineups have excluded our 1st draft pick from this year.

McEichel/Strome or Hanifin WILL be in the Oilers lineup for game 1.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
-Get a #3-4D to play top pairing minutes so Klefbom doesn't have to carry Schultz on his shoulders for even harder minutes

We all know Schultz was the worst D on the team for Eakins entire tenure and I am starting to believe it had to do with the system and positions they were asked to play because since Nelson came in I've hardly seen Schultz make a mistake in fact I can't even think of one. This is coming from a 'get whatever you can for Schultz', wrote posts about his ****** play every day kinda guy just a few months ago.

I have all the support in the world for Klefa and he is hopefully on his way to becoming a big stud for us but I see him make a couple very noticeable mistakes a game. Often when he is being pressures while handling the puck in our zone and I am very certain that this is rookie jitters and with proper practice Nelson will fine tune him and whatever...

but what i'm trying to say here is your statement is very, very wrong.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
If Ekblad was good enough to play in the NHL all season, then Hanafin is, he's better than Ekblad.

He was more highly touted than Ekblad was by some. But lets not get ahead of ourselves and say he's better than Ekblad. Ekblad's having one of the best 18 year old seasons of a defenseman ever.

He's been 100% full value for that #1 overall pick. Could Hanifin be as good? Maybe. Will he? I wouldn't bank on it.

And besides, it's less about him being as good/better than Ekblad and more about whether or not he wants to stay in school an extra season or two.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I remember someone saying that Hanafin was better than Seth Jones, but not quite as good as Ekblad. Ekblad has a shot that Hanafin could never match.
I think it was Marr from Central Scouting that had said that

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
I'm generally a defender of his, but 2 more years of Ference seems like a really long time. He's definitely tailing off and needs to be playing 3rd pairing minutes ASAP.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Our left side depth is some what artificial imo. We have 2 fresh noobs and 1 useless ninny. At least Fayne is a vet righty. I wouldn't mind a good vet leftie.

A few moves:

MTL 2nd for Sobotka rights
Nikitin + 5th for Ward
Sign Sekera,

Pouliot - Nuge - Eberle
Hall - Sobotka - Purcell
Lander - Roy - Yak
Wagon

Sekera - Fayne
Klefbom - Schultz
Marincin - Ference
plug

Ward/Scrivens

We probably won't move Ference or Nikitin TBH with the way MacT talks Nikitin up but 3 moves adds some well rounded improvement on the back end and adds center depth. If we bought out Ference it would slightly restore some faith in MacT...but is unlikely.

For a fitness freak he is sure ****ing slow and ineffective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad