Rumor: Oilers talking to Kris Russell

thalegion

Apr 13, 2010
Edmonton
Probably too soon but the return he got for Hall looks pretty bad from the outside. Not so sure most fans are happy with Sekera making $5.5m for 6 years either.

Boston fans will simply tell you to have patience as you will hate him soon enough.

Hall trade was an atrociously bad return that makes our team better, can't think of any Oiler fan's mad about Sekera he's paid market value for a #3 which is a role he'd play on 30 teams in the league

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Probably too soon but the return he got for Hall looks pretty bad from the outside. Not so sure most fans are happy with Sekera making $5.5m for 6 years either.

Boston fans will simply tell you to have patience as you will hate him soon enough.
Way too soon. 1st pairing defenseman for a 1st line forward. If Larsson can even play as well defensively in Edmonton as he did in NJ and adds 10-12 points to last years offensive output then thats a clear win for the Oilers.

Fine with Sekera. #3's get that type of money on the UFA market

Well as long as he brings Edmonton a cup in 5 years I'm fine :handclap:.
Bruins fans are starting to notice a coincidence that things in Boston started to go down hill when Neely came in (the reason why Chia adament that he would have complete control over Oilers personel) and the same poor choices happening now that he has his puppet Sweeney "in charge"

chubeyr

Aug 19, 2005
I am surprised the Oilers havent looked at Jakub Nakladal from the Flames ( ufa now, playing in the world cup ).

Many Flames fans thought he looked pretty good.

Rh shot, 6.2 215, decent skater, decent passer, booming shot, and has some nastiness to his game. I want the flames to sign him but we cant until we shift Smid to injured reserve. I also think he would come pretty cheap, no more than 2 million.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I am surprised the Oilers havent looked at Jakub Nakladal from the Flames ( ufa now, playing in the world cup ).

Rh shot, 6.2 215, decent skater, decent passer, booming shot, and has some nastiness to his game. I want the flames to sign him but we cant until we shift Smid to injured reserve. I also think he would come pretty cheap, no more than 2 million.
I was hoping the same as well. He was buried in Calgary last year but worth a PTO at least

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

Obviously not that great otherwise he would be signed by someone by now.
If turns out to be the real deal then the Oilers wouldnt be the only team that passed up on him..
Gryba (younger, bigger, meaner) does everything that Nakladal does and is a known commodity.. PTO vs a contract also factors in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad