Proposal: Oilers | Stars

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
If you can get Dallas to agree to that I'll drive the Assassin to the airport myself.

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
Dallas doesn't touch this.

Value is waayyyy off man, be better.

How so? It's not like Honka is tearing it up. Dude has done nothing at the NHL level, he's playing on the 3rd pair. Only thing that's off is the difference in salary

serp

Jan 17, 2016
How so? It's not like Honka is tearing it up. Dude has done nothing at the NHL level, he's playing on the 3rd pair. Only thing that's off is the difference in salary

Kassian would be useless to us. Honka isn't

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
If Dallas is trading Honka, i'd bet they go for a similar aged forward, in a similar situation than him.

Or use him in a package for help on the 2nd line.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
What about Kassian for Ritchie?

Rather just keep Ritchie. Either trade him for whatever we can get, or just not qualify him at the end of the season and gain 1.750M in cap space.

We already have two solid bottom six right wings in Comeau and Pitlick. Would rather keep the cap space to grab a top six player, or give a prospect a chance.

Reactions: thadd

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
I wouldn't take Kassian for free. A career 4th line plug.

Honka still has potential and has actually looked pretty good this year playing with three different partners.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Were not getting anything for Kass oilers fans. All we are giving up is a player who will smash bodies in the playoffs, protect McDavid and our various small wingers, and win us games in the playoffs for NOTHING.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

This doesn't answer anything about why Dallas does this still.

Kassian does nothing for us and I wouldn't trade a 7th round pick for him right now.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Were not getting anything for Kass oilers fans. All we are giving up is a player who will smash bodies in the playoffs, protect McDavid and our various small wingers, and win us games in the playoffs for NOTHING.
lmao

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Lol. Honka isn't worth a ton, but this is one of the worst proposals I've ever seen. I mean do you even remember who your GM is? Wouldn't be surprised to see Honka for Puljujarvi lol knowing Chiarelli (a deal that actually makes sense for both teams). Might as well throw Heiskanen in for Benning right?

Surprised this isn't locked yet.

With that aside, in what way does Kassian benefit the Stars? Honka to the Oilers makes a ton of sense on the other hand

And Honka is still young and could easily turn things around (likely on a different team, but still). Is Kassian gonna fix our top 6 winger problem all of a sudden? Does he have potential to become an effective player over the next 8-10 years?

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
Lol. Honka isn't worth a ton, but this is one of the worst proposals I've ever seen. I mean do you even remember who your GM is? Wouldn't be surprised to see Honka for Puljujarvi lol knowing Chiarelli (a deal that actually makes sense for both teams). Might as well throw Heiskanen in for Benning right?

Surprised this isn't locked yet.

With that aside, in what way does Kassian benefit the Stars? Honka to the Oilers makes a ton of sense on the other hand

And Honka is still young and could easily turn things around (likely on a different team, but still). Is Kassian gonna fix our top 6 winger problem all of a sudden? Does he have potential to become an effective player over the next 8-10 years?

Okay, dramatic much?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad