Proposal: Oilers | Stars

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Lol. Honka isn't worth a ton, but this is one of the worst proposals I've ever seen. I mean do you even remember who your GM is? Wouldn't be surprised to see Honka for Puljujarvi lol knowing Chiarelli (a deal that actually makes sense for both teams). Might as well throw Heiskanen in for Benning right?

Surprised this isn't locked yet.

With that aside, in what way does Kassian benefit the Stars? Honka to the Oilers makes a ton of sense on the other hand

And Honka is still young and could easily turn things around (likely on a different team, but still). Is Kassian gonna fix our top 6 winger problem all of a sudden? Does he have potential to become an effective player over the next 8-10 years?

Our GM has a history of winning small trades and losing big trades in a historic fashion. This is a small trade. So going by your logic of "lolz, your GM", then our GM would win this deal, so you'd better throw a pick in with Honka so we get the right value.

Honka doesn't make much sense to the Oilers. He'd be the same place he is for you guys - looking in.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Pass from Stars, like most have said it would be great for Oilers but pointless for the Stars to do this. Won’t get anything they need. I’m not even sure what they need tbh but Kass definitely isn’t it

GOilers88

Upside Down Canadian Flag
Dec 24, 2016
Why? We don't have room for Honka anyway.
I says pardon?

With bear injured, Benning lacking, Bouchard heading back to Junior (I hope), and Kris Russell as our #3, I'd say a Honka for Kassian swap would be excellent.

GOilers88

Dec 24, 2016
Oh it would.

For Edmonton.

For Dallas, though, not so much.

Kassian isn't the answer to Dallas's lack of depth up front. We'll take a flier on Puljujärvi, though. :sarcasm: :p:
Which is why I said I'd drive him to the airport myself.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I says pardon?

With bear injured, Benning lacking, Bouchard heading back to Junior (I hope), and Kris Russell as our #3, I'd say a Honka for Kassian swap would be excellent.
Honka can't get into the lineup in Dallas. He's not proven to be any more capable than Benning at the moment. He's a gamble with upside, but at this point, if he was a capable NHL defenseman he would be getting consistent NHL ice time.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
How so? It's not like Honka is tearing it up. Dude has done nothing at the NHL level, he's playing on the 3rd pair. Only thing that's off is the difference in salary

Honka might not be tearing it up but he is an every day player right now and with 2 current injured Dmen that literally cannot change. He also stands a chance to be in the line up once Johns is good and even if he isnt he likely stays with this team at least until Johns headaches are fully cleared (I think the diagnosis is they should but it could be months.)

Also 100% diagree on him having "done nothing at the NHL level". No he hasnt emerged as a #3 like Dallas hopped when they drafted him but his underlying numbers have always been good and he is a solid 3rd pairing guy for us right now. You dont have to be a top pairing guy to have "done something at the NHL level"

This trade is bad

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Honka can't get into the lineup in Dallas. He's not proven to be any more capable than Benning at the moment. He's a gamble with upside, but at this point, if he was a capable NHL defenseman he would be getting consistent NHL ice time.

Except he is in the lineup... Carrick jumped over him for a few games because he looked like a different person for his first week here. Since his first 3 games he has been way way worse than Honka. Honka is looking like a pretty solid 3rd pairing RD right now and I think stays there and gets Methot as a partner when Johns is ready to go

GOilers88

Dec 24, 2016
And I love Kassian, but I'd still do this in a heartbeat.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Except he is in the lineup... Carrick jumped over him for a few games because he looked like a different person for his first week here. Since his first 3 games he has been way way worse than Honka. Honka is looking like a pretty solid 3rd pairing RD right now and I think stays there and gets Methot as a partner when Johns is ready to go
Then maybe my assessment of Honka is off. I'll be the first to admit that the season is young and if Honka has grown and is impressing, I absolutely do this trade too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->