Pre-Game Talk: Oilers stars oct 26 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Thats an ugly lineup. I dont like it.

Hopefully Maroon - McDavid and Drai win the game for us.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
When McLellan talks about "trust", it sounds a lot like the "At least I know what I'll get out of him" sound bite popularized by MacT when he was the forever-coach, whenever he was asked why some 4th liner was being given a spin on one of the top 2 lines.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Man.. kinda sad Letestu is now on the second line. He can't do anything except on the PP. Hey Todd.. our problem right now is Scoring.. its not about trust. We should just play that top line 25 minutes lol.
Going to the game tonight.. Oilers are undefeated with me in attendance at Rogers.. lets hope that continues. Time to turn this season around boys.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I love how we play one game with Drai away from McDavid and the whole line struggles for offense so he stacks the top line again. That'll help team offense.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Seeing that RNH-Lucic combo again, this is what must be going on in TMac's head:

lcwgepl.gif

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
We’re in desperate need of a top 6 rw. I’d also like to see

Maroon McDavid rnh
Lucic drai yamo/jp/some forward we traded for

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Smacks of desperation, but I kind of like it.

RNH line against the toughs, like last year, and while Letestu isn’t optimal, he at least can shoot.
Strome line has some speed and used in soft minutes.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Its like ... well Lucic makes 6 mil a year ... we cant put him on the 3rd line ... even though him and RNH dont work together

I said this in the last GDT, but it's because the coaches want RNH to play tough minutes. Since Jokinen and Caggiula are incapable of handling this, Lucic gets placed there by default.

I personally would like to try Lucic - Draisaitl - RNH but Nuge on the wing seems like something they aren't willing to consider.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I said this in the last GDT, but it's because the coaches want RNH to play tough minutes. Since Jokinen and Caggiula are incapable of handling this, Lucic gets placed there by default.

I personally would like to try Lucic - Draisaitl - RNH but Nuge on the wing seems like something they aren't willing to consider.

Yeah I wouldnt mind seeing Lucic - Draitsaitl/RNH. TM seems so relunctant to play RNH with Drai or McD.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011

Agree on all counts.

Nuge is vastly improved at faceoffs, and is too valuable defensively at center. Plus his cycle game on the wall and under pressure is subpar, so unless we change the pitch and recover and volume shooting system, Nuge doesn’t really work at wing.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Please score more than 3 goals tonight. Would really appreciate leaving the game tonight with my arms in the air in celebration rather than frustration.

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
I have a good feeling about this one tonight.

Letestu will score, as will Drai, and Russell (yep!)

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Going to refrain myself from making prediction. My ability to see the future was too raw with untamed power

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Wouldnt mind a blow out win for a change where i can sit and relax without worrying if the teams going to lose. Hopefully thats not too much to ask.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If you can't bust out goals against the Dallas Stars who you gonna call?

Weird lines, granted, but evidence of the incomplete lineup that Chia left us with this year.

I mean we got guys like Khaira in the lineup. That should be an injury only call up if you can't find anybody considerably better. Cagg has been a big bag of nothing. I see that he's giving Strome at Center a chance here but probably lasts for a few minutes.. not much of a chance considering he has Cagg on wing.

Letestu on 2nd line seems a natural indication that the line needs more help in a shutdown capacity. But also odd as Chia got Jokinen, and maybe even Strome to see if they could help with that. Do we got a GM vs Coach disconnect already. I would say McLellan already scratching Jokinen and Strome is indication of that.

I must've missed it but the good news is Yamamoto must have been sent down. its better development for him that way.

But my lord, Khaira a starter in an NHL lineup. Indication your GM was asleep during the summer and didn't bother to find a few extra NHL players.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Turned a slide around last year in November against the Stars.
Hoping we get out of this funk against the same team.

Boys are certainly not playing poor, just need to put some pucks in the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino