GDT: Oilers @ Stars | 1 PM American Airlines Ctr | SNW

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
If they were smart they would have fired Lowe, MacTavish, Howson, Green and every pro and amateur scout they had when they canned Eakins.
They should fire the entire organization of course but since that won't happen just fire the goof puppet in the GMs position.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
If they were smart they would have fired Lowe, MacTavish, Howson, Green and every pro and amateur scout they had when they canned Eakins.

I actually don't think the stooges really do anything other than stroke Katz's ego. Aside from Gretzky who is sorta this marketing spokesperson for OEG itself, I think the others are on the payroll just so Katz can gloat he's got hockey legends (and idiots from the glory days) under his watch

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
McDavid trade request.
he's going to hand it in after this game..

"Pete, I just can't do it no more, .....this is Leo's team now"
katzdaryl_50_header.jpg

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Didn't we do it to Tambo? There's no reason to keep him on board.

Maybe but we both know Nicholson isn't going to do it, not this year or next actually. I'll be shocked if McLellan gets canned after the season as well....Oilers gonna Oil.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I actually don't think the stooges really do anything other than stroke Katz's ego. Aside from Gretzky who is sorta this marketing spokesperson for OEG itself, I think the others are on the payroll just so Katz can gloat he's got hockey legends (and idiots from the glory days) under his watch
Hope so. At least Bob Nicholson is at the very top. I don't think he'll allow an OBC member to be the next GM.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
exactly...only bad organizations do

Chia replaced with Scott Howson because Katz doesn't fire his friends
So firing a bad GM is a bad thing because...? What has Chia done to deserve anything but the boot?

Won’t matter if MacTavish Howson and Green are still around. They are Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest.
Then shouldn't the GM fire them? Or is he even in control?

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Klingberg handles the puck very well from the point. Nice player they have over there

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Everyone but Gretzky's brother will be fired probably (he'll be given a job with the new GM). You guys underestimate how ruthless people like Katz can be when its not friends involved. Chiarelli is not Katz' buddy, this is not going to end well for him.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
I don't think Dallas is going after a goal too desperately, but I have to say one more goal would make the statement even stronger.

Messier11

May 9, 2016
My totally irrational thoughts...the downfall started with:

1) crappy new uniforms

2) getting rid of the best intro video we have had from last year for the "Loilty" video this year.

Reactions: Night Witch

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
At least Nicholson and Gretzky are in the building to watch this. I can't imagine anyone looking at the team Chia has put together and deciding to keep him for another season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad