GDT: Oilers Skills Competition

BeanBurrito

Nov 8, 2018
Only thing I’ll say about this is that I just drove past Rogers and there was a ton of little kids with smiles on their faces that seemed super happy to go to this event.

I would never attend as an adult but I remember going as a kid and thought it was awesome (so was the Carnival of Champions, imo). Hopefully tickets are cheaper/reasonable so some kids’ families that maybe can’t afford to attend a regular season game can at least get into Rogers and see the players in person.
Feel bad for the kids who went there for a chance to see McDavid live.

Reactions: TB12 and booyakasha

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
I loved the skilled competitions as a kid. Same with the ASG. Couldn't pay me to watch them now, but good for the kids.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
McDavid wouldn't let the kids down for being tired and exhausted. He would/could half-ass it out there and still put the rest of his teammates to shame.

Personally, I don't like it. Something's up.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
McDavid wouldn't let the kids down for being tired and exhausted. He would/could half-ass it out there and still put the rest of his teammates to shame.

Personally, I don't like it. Something's up.

Hopefully its a message to this idiot group, without saying anything.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
lol gongshow voting system.

they set it up so you could vote for each player on the shootout and then posted the wrong players.

;)

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Exhaustion isn't a minor thing.

I'm not disagreeing it's a minor thing but McDavid would gut it out. We know what kind of person he is and the vast majority of this event is standing around as he isn't in every event. I just hope he didn't sustain something worse from that high stick he took and we both know what I'm talking about.

Reactions: Aerrol

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Would we not know by now if he was getting dental work? Doubt they'd hide that, being a legit reason.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Not an easy position to be put in but that's funny.

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
I'm not disagreeing it's a minor thing but McDavid would gut it out. We know what kind of person he is and the vast majority of this event is standing around as he isn't in every event. I just hope he didn't sustain something worse from that high stick he took and we both know what I'm talking about.
What are you talking about? Sorry if it's obvious, I didn't watch the game yesterday.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
With no penalty..as usual...
It's crazy.
You'd think our owner would start a legit beef with the league, especially having a commodity like McDavid, but nope, he just sits back and does nothing.
Calgary raised a massive stink with the Wideman / Linesman issue, and now get calls their way, yet our team does nothing to bring the McDavid mistreatment into the spotlight.
it's pretty much what I expected from Katz anyway.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
This is pretty brutal to watch lol, at least Drai had some nice saucers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad