GDT: Oilers Skills Competition

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Is this gongshow actually today? lol. How embarrassing that the club mailed in the performance last night and are milking this today.

The skill today should be bagskating and puking on the ice.

Can't be a lot of good feelings around the Oilers team this afternoon. Most of them look like they want the season to just be over. Seriously I wonder who would even be thrilled to be in this dog and pony show today.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The Oilers intentionally schedule skills competition on Connor Mcdavids BD so it can feel like a love in and then they have this gongshow instead where the team is in another funk, missing playoffs again, toxic atmosphere, and Connor not even there. (This is not at all a knock on McD)

Does anybody in the Oilers org even realize that stuff like this is optional, can occur anytime, and doesn't need to be on your star players BD?

Reactions: Aerrol

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Only thing I’ll say about this is that I just drove past Rogers and there was a ton of little kids with smiles on their faces that seemed super happy to go to this event.

I would never attend as an adult but I remember going as a kid and thought it was awesome (so was the Carnival of Champions, imo). Hopefully tickets are cheaper/reasonable so some kids’ families that maybe can’t afford to attend a regular season game can at least get into Rogers and see the players in person.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Alot of these families that can't afford to go to an actual hockey game, can go see the players for only $20.
It's a feel good event.
not so good when the star fails to go due to physical, and mental fatigue because our bozo of a GM can't build a team around him.
This. but its a feel good event if there is anything much to feel good about regarding the club. We just lost on home ice to half an AHL lineup and got outworked. We have 3 skill forwards in the lineup. 1 won't be there, the other looks injured, and another disinterested.

Anyway I hope the kids can enjoy this. It would be a challenge for the club to feel into this today.

Reactions: Aerrol

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Only thing I’ll say about this is that I just drove past Rogers and there was a ton of little kids with smiles on their faces that seemed super happy to go to this event.

I would never attend as an adult but I remember going as a kid and thought it was awesome (so was the Carnival of Champions, imo). Hopefully tickets are cheaper/reasonable so some kids’ families that maybe can’t afford to attend a regular season game can at least get into Rogers and see the players in person.

20bucks lower deck, 15 upper deck. I think its almost sold out. But yeah, you are of course correct on why this is going on. But it will be hard not to notice Connor not being there.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
my biggest fear now, is McDrai will go to the AllStar game, hobnob with the other stars, and see how good they have it, then come back and request a trade.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You could really see it in Drai's game last night...this is taking its toll.
what's the point of playoffs when your horses will be ridden to the ground?

Pretty much LA Kings from last season. Everybody going had to have a career year just to get in and by then they were running on fumes only to get tossed in first round in 4 straight. Theres nothing in the tank here.

Reactions: booyakasha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad