Oilers Skills Competition

Oct 15, 2008
If Ference snubbed a kid on a night for kids, id tell him to go F himself too. These ego fuelled athletes who are part of the worst team in the NHL need to realize that being something for kids is part of the deal. That is since they arent holding up to the on ice end of the bargain, least they could do is take 15 seconds and make a kids day.

They do lots of stuff for kids.

People need to focus their frustration where it belongs. On the architect of our demise, not on the players, many of whom are kids themselves.

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010

People need to focus their frustration where it belongs. On the architect of our demise, not on the players, many of whom are kids themselves.

Well said.

Watching this board work itself into a frenzy trying to find ways to blame Hall for on-ice loses, dressing room divides, and conflict in the Ukraine is perverse and sad.

'Omg! He didn't smile at the skills competition!'

Are you ****ing kidding me?

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

No kidding. Plenty of them visit sick kids at hospitals. Hall and I believe it was either Eberle/RNH who were the only two oilers at Smyth's retirement presser as well. But people will ignore them and use crap such as "not smiling at oiler fans" as a reason why they're a cancer. Its hilarious.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
No kidding. Plenty of them visit sick kids at hospitals. Hall and I believe it was either Eberle/RNH who were the only two oilers at Smyth's retirement presser as well. But people will ignore them and use crap such as "not smiling at oiler fans" as a reason why they're a cancer. Its hilarious.

Um wait, this is one time event that kids of disadvantaged families get to see the Oilers maybe one time a year at a low cost event. This org doesn't even do the Joey Moss cup anymore.

So no it isn't too much to ask for a few smiles, signing autographs, pretending to actually enjoy the role of being somebodies hero..

Although I don't know why they would be anybodies at this point..

Although that said I'm still trying to parse your "the damn kids" comment. :amazed:

bah humbug and all that. Maybe Hall could be the Grinch.

But anyway, again, one person (not me) suggested Hall was a Cancer.

My own impression is he's not particular helpful in setting a positive tone within the team. This becoming more and more apparent.

Oh, and Hall has 21pts nearly half way through an NHL season. Let that one sink in.

Guy has mailed it in most of the season. No surprise he couldn't even bring any enthusiasm for the kids in attendance.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Um wait, this is one time event that kids of disadvantaged families get to see the Oilers maybe one time a year at a low cost event. This org doesn't even do the Joey Moss cup anymore.

So no it isn't too much to ask for a few smiles, signing autographs, pretending to actually enjoy the role of being somebodies hero..

Although I don't know why they would be anybodies at this point..

Although that said I'm still trying to parse your "the damn kids" comment. :amazed:

bah humbug and all that. Maybe Hall could be the Grinch.

It isn't too much to check what good things guys like Hall have done off the ice as well right? Failed to read my part of him and Eberle/RNH being the only two oiler to even be at Smyth's retirement presser? Good god, your disdain for Hall is insufferable. I see you defending the hell out of Gagner the other day, and blasting the crap out of Hall. Talk about putting your frustration on something as pointless as not smiling. But hey, my friend was there and actively saw Hall smiling. If Hall's the grinch, are you Mayor Augustus by any chance? Seeing the way you denounce Hall as much as he denounces the grinch makes perfect sense, eh? :)

As for the points production, which oiler other than RNH is even playing well right now? The whole team has regressed, but yet here you are making assumptions. Scrivens said he had to play better, and hasn't shown it. Fasth got angry at the bench, and told his team to wake up. Still hasn't woken up from his awful goaltending. But damn it Hall only 21 points, not helping the "positivity." What positivity even remains for this organization right now? Bob Stauffer's "positive" talk is as laughable as best. If you're going to crap on Hall's production, where's your crapping on the other 1st overall who isn't playing up to expectations in Yakupov? Get real.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
It isn't too much to check what good things guys like Hall have done off the ice as well right? Failed to read my part of him and Eberle/RNH being the only two oiler to even be at Smyth's retirement presser? Good god, your disdain for Hall is insufferable. I see you defending the hell out of Gagner the other day, and blasting the crap out of Hall. Talk about putting your frustration on something as pointless as not smiling. But hey, my friend was there and actively saw Hall smiling. If Hall's the grinch, are you Mayor Augustus by any chance? Seeing the way you denounce Hall as much as he denounces the grinch makes perfect sense, eh? :)

As for the points production, which oiler other than RNH is even playing well right now? The whole team has regressed, but yet here you are making assumptions. Scrivens said he had to play better, and hasn't shown it. Fasth got angry at the bench, and told his team to wake up. Still hasn't woken up from his awful goaltending. But damn it Hall only 21 points, not helping the "positivity." What positivity even remains for this organization right now? Bob Stauffer's "positive" talk is as laughable as best. If you're going to crap on Hall's production, where's your crapping on the other 1st overall who isn't playing up to expectations in Yakupov? Get real.

I don't even particularly dislike Hall. I do passionately dislike this team by now. So denouncing is never far removed..

being honest here

AS far as Hall he's been given every chance to succeed by this org and linemates appropriate to do that with. Yak has been afforded no such opportunity. Yak and Gagner got the crumbs. Whether it be linemate or D pairing.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I don't even particularly dislike Hall. I do passionately dislike this team by now. So denouncing is never far removed..

being honest here

AS far as Hall he's been given every chance to succeed by this org and linemates appropriate to do that with. Yak has been afforded no such opportunity. Yak and Gagner got the crumbs. Whether it be linemate or D pairing.

Really now? So has the management even tried to help the young guns succeed? The moment they were drafted, they were instantly hoped to carry the oilers to the playoffs. Weak supporting cast and veterans such as Eager, Belanger, Hordichuk, etc. Would Seguin even succeed here? Better yet, would he even be able to handle all of the adversity as Hall has? The only capable veteran Hall had the moment he got drafted was Horcoff. Crosby had guys like Guerin. Bergeron had Recchi, and the list goes on. Renney tried to shelter the young guns, and he got pressured to play the kids more. Another evident reason why obviously he wasn't kept, because he refused to do what the idiotic management told him too. How many coaches have the young guns gone through? One that actually had them going in the right direction with progress gets fired after a half season sure helped, eh? Or how about the marvelous scouting staff that haven't managed to have players outside the first round make any sort of impact in the NHL, other than Petry and Marincin? Why would Cogliano talk about a losing culture where games were felt to lose? Why did Souray blast the management for playing him injured? I could tell Hall wasn't 100% ready to go, when he came back, but knowing how the oilers handled Souray ; it doesn't surprise me that Hall got rushed in. What about the way they're developing Draisaitl right now? You can dislike this team all you want, but if there's any majority blame, it should be to the idiots who run this team, along with an owner who gives no damn regard about the team he owns. And in regards of your comment of being able to take unfortunate families to the event. I've seen oiler ticket prices even lower than the average rexall beer on stubhub fyi.

The way the management is doing things right now, do you even think they're not tanking? When they could bring in Chipchura and Roy for cheap, and send Draisaitl down, why didn't they do it? They said the nhl isn't a development league, so why is the kid still here? Scratched him, refused to send him to juniors, and he's still here. Smart move by the management, eh? Is that another reason why Brad awful Hunt is still here ahead of Marincin, or how Lander gets sent down immediately after one productive game by him?

So with all of that, 6 rings Lowe is still here for what reason? Fans are calling for his heads in any way they can, and the owner has been absolute quiet hiding in Vancouver, despite MacT saying he's as upset as he is? For guys like LaForge to blame the weather for the 2nd consecutive year of the empty seats? It doesn't surprise me why top ufa's refuse to come here, or how players that succeed elsewhere suck here, and vice versa. For a team that loses, and has accepted moral victories as a proper standard is no way to build a team to win. Or drafting first overall every year and making trades/signings. The management has failed miserably to make this team the next blackhawks/pens. Unfortunately their arrogance refuses to acknowledge it. Name me any other organization that has kept a POHO the same way Lowe has been given his job security.

Last edited:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Really now? So has the management even tried to help the young guns succeed? The moment they were drafted, they were instantly hoped to carry the oilers to the playoffs. Weak supporting cast and veterans such as Eager, Belanger, Hordichuk, etc. Would Seguin even succeed here? Better yet, would he even be able to handle all of the adversity as Hall has? The only capable veteran Hall had the moment he got drafted was Horcoff. Crosby had guys like Guerin. Bergeron had Recchi, and the list goes on. Renney tried to shelter the young guns, and he got pressured to play the kids more. Another evident reason why obviously he wasn't kept, because he refused to do what the idiotic management told him too. How many coaches have the young guns gone through? One that actually had them going in the right direction with progress gets fired after a half season sure helped, eh? Or how about the marvelous scouting staff that haven't managed to have players outside the first round make any sort of impact in the NHL, other than Petry and Marincin? Why would Cogliano talk about a losing culture where games were felt to lose? Why did Souray blast the management for playing him injured? I could tell Hall wasn't 100% ready to go, when he came back, but knowing how the oilers handled Souray ; it doesn't surprise me that Hall got rushed in. What about the way they're developing Draisaitl right now? You can dislike this team all you want, but if there's any majority blame, it should be to the idiots who run this team, along with an owner who gives no damn regard about the team he owns. And in regards of your comment of being able to take unfortunate families to the event. I've seen oiler ticket prices even lower than the average rexall beer on stubhub fyi.

Its quite possible for a line to have isolated success on a bad team. Marcel Dionne made a career out of it and rarely complained. Throughout hockey history theres been some great lines on pretty lukewarm teams.

Being on a poor team doesn't pre-empt a line composed of Hall, RNH, EBerle, from having success. But both Hall and Eberle have had very poor years by their standards.

Anyway if you pay attention to my posting on most days i'd be blasting ownership, Eakins, management, something. Eakins got fired removing one easy target. Mact and Lowe left. But that ain't happening.

Most of what you've raised I've said at one point or another. I've started threads on several of those topics.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Its quite possible for a line to have isolated success on a bad team. Marcel Dionne made a career out of it and rarely complained. Throughout hockey history theres been some great lines on pretty lukewarm teams.

Being on a poor team doesn't pre-empt a line composed of Hall, RNH, EBerle, from having success. But both Hall and Eberle have had very poor years by their standards.

Anyway if you pay attention to my posting on most days i'd be blasting ownership, Eakins, management, something. Eakins got fired removing one easy target. Mact and Lowe left. But that ain't happening.

Most of what you've raised I've said at one point or another. I've started threads on several of those topics.

Fair enough. I just feel there's way more issues that oiler fans should be more frustrated and have their mindsets on, and that's the idiots who has turned this franchise into the laughingstock of all pro sports.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Fair enough. I just feel there's way more issues that oiler fans should be more frustrated and have their mindsets on, and that's the idiots who has turned this franchise into the laughingstock of all pro sports.

Yep. But on any given day this org creates countless reactions of frustration which are expressed many different ways. its just venting and passion and people getting that out.

it always bothers me when people suggest its "insane" to voice certain comments. Really, given what this org does to us what reaction is sane?

If one wants to be that way one can say we're all insane for still being tuned in..

cheers haha

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Yep. But on any given day this org creates countless reactions of frustration which are expressed many different ways. its just venting and passion and people getting that out.

it always bothers me when people suggest its "insane" to voice certain comments. Really, given what this org does to us what reaction is sane?

If one wants to be that way one can say we're all insane for still being tuned in..

cheers haha

I hope for the day where oiler fans will finally be able to laugh and cheer with one another, instead of the vice versa :laugh:
Anyways, cheers to you as well bud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad