Post-Game Talk: Oilers sing the Blues

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
we did not play well but there is an obvious call that changed the game. I'm sorry blues were probably the better team but the refs lost us the game. They decided something that was beyond belief that shouldn't have been a goal, let alone a game-winning goal, was allowed. Then they call Khaira for 5-minute major. Which could be seen as right but then there was another crosscheck to the head to Khaira. They refused to call it before the play got out off hand.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
Glad I missed this. Tampa next lol, yikes.

Is the job for starter still up in the air or something?

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Maybe if they shoot the puck at the net...maybe it will go in.

That 2nd blues goal was a joke.

Good on Khaira on retaliating on that BS.

Our pp is short for pass-pass

edit: team looks exhuasted but man the last two games have been sad. Should of played Talbot in Van and Koskinen at home. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Will most likely be a big L against Tampa Bay on saturday with the defence we'll be icing. Not the best way to roll into the christmas break with a 3 game losing streak.
giphy.gif

Reactions: TB12

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Very off night, the whole team looked terrible. Seemed like Khaira, Nuge, and Puljujarvi were having somewhat decent game, other than that...nuttin.
Nuge? Your kidding me. First time I didn't notice him and its because of his nothing linemates who have combined for 2 goals all year

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
I like how the moron Spector is laughing as Talbot says calls rarely go his way. Talbot is clearly trying to control himself and here's this idiot laughing.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
On the plus side, Jones looks really good. Could easily be better than Nurse by season’s end.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
This isn't the NBA, you can't expect McDavid to be great every game. Crosby isn't, MacKinnon isn't, you need to have a team where if one guy doesn't have the best night it isn't an automatic loss.

Until you have that, you will lose games like this, stop crying about it, it is what it is.

Even in the NBA, Kevin Durant or LeBron James are not dominant/great every night.

Reactions: TB12

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I just don't get Hitchcock's reasoning for scratching Spooner, Zykov and Wideman and dressing Rattie who has done SFA all season and Garrison.

They were rolling with Spooner and Zykov, with Spooner starting to get some points and Zykov trying to settle in but was driving the net. Wideman just isn't getting any opportunities.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Nobody to blame but the PP. Not Khaira, or the refs. Not Talbot. The PP has been killing us game after game.

The past calender year, the PP has been horse shit. And they don't change it at all. I blamed Jay Woodcroft, he's gone and the PP stayed the same. I blamed Todd, and the PP stayed the same. lol. So what the f*** is going on?

Reactions: bone

Oil75

Feb 26, 2017
What goaltending battle?

Did the Oilers have ANY good chances? 3 shots in 5 PP (none dangerous)...yeah what a battle.

Stop the nonsense.
Just saw the highlight pack there were 6-7 very good chances Allen made key stops on.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I just don't get Hitchcock's reasoning for scratching Spooner, Zykov and Wideman and dressing Rattie who has done SFA all season and Garrison.

They were rolling with Spooner and Zykov, with Spooner starting to get some points and Zykov trying to settle in but was driving the net. Wideman just isn't getting any opportunities.
Wideman is our worst defender. Yes even worse than Garrison

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Nobody to blame but the PP. Not Khaira, or the refs. Not Talbot. The PP has been killing us game after game.

The past calender year, the PP has been horse ****. And they don't change it at all. I blamed Jay Woodcroft, he's gone and the PP stayed the same. I blamed Todd, and the PP stayed the same. lol. So what the **** is going on?
Probably the fact they have had very few practices since hitch has been coach?....

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013

The past calender year, the PP has been horse ****. And they don't change it at all. I blamed Jay Woodcroft, he's gone and the PP stayed the same. I blamed Todd, and the PP stayed the same. lol. So what the **** is going on?

What's going on is they have no threat from the point. Their pp is a one trick pony.

Reactions: Throttlehead

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Just saw the highlight pack there were 6-7 very good chances Allen made key stops on.
What? Oilers had a total of 11 scoring chances all night and only 4 of them were of any note.

St Louis had double the scoring chances and triple the good chances.

Reactions: Throttlehead

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

No doubt the PP deserves blame, and that Viveiros should be running it over Gulutzan but you would be a damn fool to not blame the officials for another horse shit video review for a goal that had a puck that never crossed the line. Once again, there's no consistency in this league. How on earth can we as fans see clear cut images of a puck over the line, and yet these officials can't through an iPad or the dumb Toronto war room that must have Stevie Wonder determining good or bad goals.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
No doubt the PP deserves blame, and that Viveiros should be running it over Gulutzan but you would be a damn fool to not blame the officials for another horse **** video review for a goal that had a puck that never crossed the line. Once again, there's no consistency in this league. How on earth can we as fans see clear cut images of a puck over the line, and yet these officials can't through an iPad or the dumb Toronto war room that must have Stevie Wonder determining good or bad goals.
Sportsnet showed an angle after the commercial break with it over the line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad