Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
RNH Draisaitl Yamamoto
Ennis McDavid Puljujarvi
Neal Turris Kassian
Kharia Haas Archibald
Nygard Chaisson

Only line that needs to remain the same is the DRY line. Rest can be mixed and matched to Tippetts designs but I hope to heck that he realizes DRY is a must.

We are short on PKers and Holland says he is done with the forwards.

I think Haas and Yamamoto will be taking reps on the PK. I could see both being good at it since they both have excellent anticipation

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerchon

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Ennis was the only linemate giving Drai ANY help in the playoffs. He seemed to know how to work off Leon a bit, and he's hardly played with him.

Still, a line of Ennis, Turris and Pulju I don't think would be all that much and absolutely zero grit in that line. Really that line would get leaned on real bad.

Ennis might be one of those underrated guys. He seems to put up 40-45 points when playing top 6 or top 9 mins. The few years he really struggled he basically was a fourth liner. Maybe he deserved to be a fourth liner, I don't know. But remembering him earlier in his career and with Edmonton, the guy has some decent offensive acumen and plays with a bit of feistiness for his size. Basically like a less skilled, older but more experienced version of Yamo maybe. And we know Drai also likes Yamo a lot.
Ennis strikes me as one of those players, if slotted in the right spot with the right group can contribute a bit to net positive of a team. And potentially useless if not with the right group and in the wrong spot. But I guess a fair amount of players fit into that description.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Solid value signing IMO, but if he was signed to be in our top 6 next season it takes a bit of the shine off of the signing. In the bottom 6 he can be a very good player, if he's in the top 6 I am skeptical.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
I hope someone is signed to give him competition for LW in the top 6. We'd have to clear cap to make Kahun work but I think it'd totally be worth it.

I like the Ennis signing though. He can play up & down the lineup + he plays hard.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
He knows its a rare oppoturnity, playing with Connor pr Draisaitl, on a team weak on LWs.
Ithink his comp. on LW is RNH, Archibald, Chiasson, Neal, Khaira, Nygård (LTIR). So it isnt a killing group. Its just Nuge that is ahead offensivly, and Archibald ahead on the depth chart. He has top9 on his hands.

With that said, I like the signing, and have to have belive in him.

I really wonder hiw Holland will dumpnsomeone, probably Chiasson

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
I like this signing...welcome back Tyler! Assuming he has recovered from his injury and has a good training camp, he might be a nice "wow" surprise in comparison to last year.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
I think our top 9 will kind of run

RNH - McDavid - Kassian
Ennis - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Neal - Turris - Puljujarvi

????? - Mcdavid - Kassian
Hopkins - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Neal - Turris - Pulju
Ennis - ?????? - Chiasson

man I keep playing with these lines and I still can’t figure it out. We have more options then ever though.. I feel we are missing a 3C because I want to roll this:

Turris - Mcdavid - Kassian / Pulju
Neal - ??????? - Kassian / Pulju
Ennis - ??????? - Chiasson <— we still have him?

missing a 3C or top line LW however you want to look at it.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
????? - Mcdavid - Kassian
Neal - Turris - Pulju
Ennis - ?????? - Chiasson

man I keep playing with these lines and I still can’t figure it out. We have more options then ever though.. I feel we are missing a 3C because I want to roll this:

Turris - Mcdavid - Kassian / Pulju
Neal - ??????? - Kassian / Pulju
Ennis - ??????? - Chiasson <— we still have him?

missing a 3C or top line LW however you want to look at it.
I personally think having "set" lines are dumb.

The wingers will be interchangeable depending on who's playing well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad