Confirmed with Link: Oilers Sign Tyler Ennis [1 Year - $1M]

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Love this. Makes the pick for him at the deadline even better. If he didn’t get the injury and no covid I think they would have had to pay more. Good 3rd or 4th line guy that can take some reps on the PP and fill in on wing in top 6 if needed

Reactions: LaGu

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Hometown boy at a great price. Nice to have some depth. I like what's happened so far today. Need to improve that D though.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Decent. I liked Ennis here way more than AA. Signed two guys today (Ennis and Turris) that might have much more abilities and game left than their numbers have shown in the last couple of years. If these guys are still healthy, relatively uninjured bodies, ages 31 should still be fine for a year or two.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I'm fine with this, he deserved to be back with how how played last year.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Turris, puljujarvi, and Ennis with AA's cap space. Not bad at all..

Hell, that might be the 3rd line.

DRY
Neal-McDavid-Kassian
Ennis-Turris-Pulju
Nygård-Haas/Khaira-Archibald
Chiasson, Haas/Khaira, Russell.

Though that does leave you with a forward that will need to be waived if everyone is healthy (and more if Benson, Marody, McLeod steal jobs)

Reactions: Oilhawks

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Ya it’s a lot easier to stomach not qualifying AA when you look at what Holland did with his capspace
Still, if we are tight to the cap with Russell on the books then it's still a bit squirrelly. But at this point I'm not sure what the spot for AA would be

Reactions: Macblender

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
One of the insiders on Sportsnet said Ennis would likely be back because Draisaitl loves him.

Ennis was the only linemate giving Drai ANY help in the playoffs. He seemed to know how to work off Leon a bit, and he's hardly played with him.

Still, a line of Ennis, Turris and Pulju I don't think would be all that much and absolutely zero grit in that line. Really that line would get leaned on real bad.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Ennis was the only linemate giving Drai ANY help in the playoffs. He seemed to know how to work off Leon a bit, and he's hardly played with him.

Still, a line of Ennis, Turris and Pulju I don't think would be all that much and absolutely zero grit in that line. Really that line would get leaned on real bad.
I think our top 9 will kind of run

RNH - McDavid - Kassian
Ennis - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Neal - Turris - Puljujarvi

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Thats a whole lot of small players for Draisaitl to work with. Thats not good, thats not ideal. Drai would be eating massive punishment playing with the two smallest players found in almost any game. Thats not a good mix. Really I'd feel better with Neal in there.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Thats a whole lot of small players for Draisaitl to work with. Thats not good, thats not ideal. Drai would be eating massive punishment playing with the two smallest players found in almost any game. Thats not a good mix. Really I'd feel better with Neal in there.
Draisaitl is going to eat lots of punishment in every game he plays, defenses will focus on him.

He's a big guy, he can manage it.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto was an incredible line last season. Why wouldn't the Oilers run with that line?

This is what I would start the season with.

FA/Trade - McDavid - Kassian
RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Ennis - Turris - Puljujarvi
Neal - Haas - Chiasson

Assuming Khaira is shipped out. Preferable to move Neal or Chiasson but very unlikely in this market.

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto was an incredible line last season. Why wouldn't the Oilers run with that line?

This is what I would start the season with.

FA/Trade - McDavid - Kassian
RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Ennis - Turris - Puljujarvi
Neal - Haas - Chiasson

Assuming Khaira is shipped out. Preferable to move Neal or Chiasson but very unlikely in this market.

RNH Draisaitl Yamamoto
Ennis McDavid Puljujarvi
Neal Turris Kassian
Kharia Haas Archibald
Nygard Chaisson

Only line that needs to remain the same is the DRY line. Rest can be mixed and matched to Tippetts designs but I hope to heck that he realizes DRY is a must.

We are short on PKers and Holland says he is done with the forwards.

Reactions: Dazed and Confused

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->