Confirmed with Link: Oilers Sign Taylor Beck (1 Year)

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
No Benson?
Russell and Cagguila are legit. They could both surprise. Pitlick and Khaira are fine fourth-line regulars.

You could put together similar lists of low AHL quality players from pretty much every team in the league.

Low AHLers? That's almost the whole Condors team! Not that I'd argue your point. Not every team can be Detroit, but to compete, the OIles need to start finding some players in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I cant recall ever watching this player...does he have any NHL potential at this late stage in the game?

At 25 and mostly a career AHL'er its hard to imagine that he will be much more than that.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I cant recall ever watching this player...does he have any NHL potential at this late stage in the game?

At 25 and mostly a career AHL'er its hard to imagine that he will be much more than that.

I remember he was once the Preds best prospect. Scored 40g in the ohl and then started to score in the ahl and I think it was assumed he would keep progressing.

I think there is chance this ends up one of those "sneaky deals" that we look back on.

I don't expect him to crush our souls but at the same time maybe he still can reach that potential and given the state of the wingers sometimes maybe he is able to get some games with Mcdavid, in which case he could conceivably salvage himself a career.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I remember he was once the Preds best prospect. Scored 40g in the ohl and then started to score in the ahl and I think it was assumed he would keep progressing.

I think there is chance this ends up one of those "sneaky deals" that we look back on.

I don't expect him to crush our souls but at the same time maybe he still can reach that potential and given the state of the wingers sometimes maybe he is able to get some games with Mcdavid, in which case he could conceivably salvage himself a career.

So basically a project. Sather was pretty good at these . Hopefully Chia has the same eye for reclamation projects that Sather had.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
So basically a project. Sather was pretty good at these . Hopefully Chia has the same eye for reclamation projects that Sather had.

so far he's been okay. Kassian and Maroon over achieved. Korpse was a whiff though

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I wouldn't say that about Maroon. I believe he played exactly as advertised. he is just a good player and good pickup. not a reclamation at all.

Correct that he wasn't. He's an asset and the guy can play. To this end, and with Maroons ability to play with toplines, he can be good enough that I really wonder how much of an upgrade Lucic is over him playing on topline. Maroon did well with McDavid, albeit short sample, but its unfortunate for him that the org told him to really prep up hard this offseason in exit interview suggesting that they had continuing big plans for him. A demotion to 2nd or 3rd line has got to be disappointing. Especially given that our 2nd line will be worlds apart from our first.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Correct that he wasn't. He's an asset and the guy can play. To this end, and with Maroons ability to play with toplines, he can be good enough that I really wonder how much of an upgrade Lucic is over him playing on topline. Maroon did well with McDavid, albeit short sample, but its unfortunate for him that the org told him to really prep up hard this offseason in exit interview suggesting that they had continuing big plans for him. A demotion to 2nd or 3rd line has got to be disappointing. Especially given that our 2nd line will be worlds apart from our first.

Lucic is a far better player than Maroon. If Maroon is taking this "demotion" to the 2nd or 3rd line at the expense of a better team as an insult then he's not the type of player I want on the team.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Low AHLers? That's almost the whole Condors team! Not that I'd argue your point. Not every team can be Detroit, but to compete, the OIles need to start finding some players in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds.

Bear would like to say hi as well as Paigin . I think most of our picks from 2015 were good to great picks but of course time will tell

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray

Except Lucic is a proven quantity and Maroon has only put up over 30 pts in a season once so far and he's one year younger than Lucic. So questioning whether Lucic is not a good enough upgrade over Maroon to warrant bringing in Lucic is really a non-starter.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL

Having a large winger, be it Lucic or Maroon, creating space and winning board battles on a line with RNH is a great option to have as well.

Chef de Cuisine

Mar 15, 2015
37 in 25. didn't do much earlier this year, but is he lookin good? decently young and is having his best season yet so far in the AHL

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
37 in 25. didn't do much earlier this year, but is he lookin good? decently young and is having his best season yet so far in the AHL

At the very least he along with Hamilton are providing some stability offensively down in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad