Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Swedish FA LHD Theodor Lennstrom (1-year, 2-way, 925K)

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
ZERO games. I've watched this player play ZERO games. i've never even heard of him before he was signed by the oilers. was looking at the stat line. how bout you?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
ZERO games. I've watched this player play ZERO games. i've never even heard of him before he was signed by the oilers. was looking at the stat line. how bout you?
There’s a difference between just putting up lots of points in other leagues and being a successful NHLer. Look at the AHL, there’s usually lots of high point getters that aren’t in the NHL.

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
so no use looking at stat lines in other leagues versus other players in the same year at the same age? got it.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
so no use looking at stat lines in other leagues versus other players in the same year at the same age? got it.
There’s lots of use.

there’s more to it than just looking at stat lines.

there’s a reason NHL teams employ scouts and don’t just look at stat lines.

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
wait are we arguing the same point? scouts with eyes on players, watching multiple games, not just HF board posters watching 2 games... in conjunction with looking at stat lines also.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
So does he even crack the AHL opening night roster?

Lagesson-Day
Neimelainen-Bouchard
Samourkov-Berglund?
Lennstrom

Assuming we walk away from Lowe and Benning doesn't get waived down to AHL.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Lagesson-Day
Neimelainen-Bouchard
Samourkov-Berglund?
Lennstrom

Berglund is staying in Sweden despite signing a contract and I think he's very likely a better player than Niemelainen.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Lagesson-Day
Neimelainen-Bouchard
Samourkov-Berglund?
Lennstrom

He’s better than the 3 ahead of him.

the question will be if he will crack the NHL roster, not the AHL one.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
It's nice to talk about having some defensive depth . Now add a few wingers and a NHL center we are off to the races

Reactions: Aerchon

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
wait are we arguing the same point? scouts with eyes on players, watching multiple games, not just HF board posters watching 2 games... in conjunction with looking at stat lines also.
Says the guy who doesn’t like the signing without watching a single second of him play...

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I think Lagesson probably sticks with the big club as the 7th D next year as well. Should be lots of opportunity for Lennstrom to play in Bakersfield next year.

If they can move Russell or someone else... I think Lagesson will almost certainly be the #7/8 guy and stick with the team throughout most the year.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
If they can move Russell or someone else... I think Lagesson will almost certainly be the #7/8 guy and stick with the team throughout most the year.
Doubt it. Holland will probably sign Green or another veteran if Russell is moved. Lagesson, Bear and Jones all starting next season in NHL would be too much inexperience. And then there is Bouchard factor.

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
IF is the biggest word in the English language. With the cap flat lots of UFAs are going to find the market price for a 3rd pairing guy is less than$1.5M If yer a GM looking who do you pay: Green, Benning or Russell. Green will take 1.5 or retire. Benning would be a sign and trade and bring an asset. Russell can play both sides but costs the most. I think he ends up our 6/7 with Bouchard and begs for $1M next season to stay here as the 7

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Forgot this guy was an Oiler. Only thing I know about him is that he made a bad mistake or at least a rather lackadaisical play that led to a goal against vs Skellefteå the other day. Don't think this guy is anywhere close to being NHL ready. Probably need significant time in AHL. Doubtful he'll ever be an NHLer to be honest but I could be wrong as I don't know much about him and only seen him play once.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
In a perfect world Klefbom is healthy, we trade Russell, and this guy comes in as insurance for Jones/Laggesson/AHL. I hope this means Klefbom has decided to not have season ending surgery.

In our non perfect world he is likely an extra defenseman because Klefbom is getting surgery. Russell stays to fill in the top 4 role.

In a desperation move this could be Russell/Klefbom's replacement but that would be very very bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad