Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Ryan Mantha

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Brock Otten had him as his top OHL overager this year

edit: Spawn's post has the text you need

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Chia probably made this move to make hfoil happy... We all love our prospects and potential...

make a hockey trade to help the team and then sign shiny looking WHLer to make the fans happy :)

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
RHD prospect depth looking better every day. Him and Bear should both be pushing for PP duty in Bakersfield next year

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Chia really has his peaks and valleys. Signings like this is why we appreciate Chia. And then he has his blunders. I guess you win some you lose some.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Next year Oilers will have Bear, Jones AND Mantha as AHL rookies. There has to be turn over somewhere. Currently for D prospects they have Reinhart, Osterle, Musil, Simpson. Maybe Osterle or Reinhart makes it as 6/7 D in NHL next year

Simpson-Reinhart
Musil-Mantha
Jones-Bear

Thats a pretty young D

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Chia really has his peaks and valleys. Signings like this is why we appreciate Chia. And then he has his blunders. I guess you win some you lose some.

peaks are in the eye of beholder :)

Desharnais >> Mantha

will I get jumped on for saying that here?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

His prospect signings are on point. Benning, Cagguila, Ellis (0.924 in rookie AHL season) are all looking really good.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Next year Oilers will have Bear, Jones AND Mantha as AHL rookies. There has to be turn over somewhere. Currently for D prospects they have Reinhart, Osterle, Musil, Simpson. Maybe Osterle or Reinhart makes it as 6/7 D in NHL next year

Simpson-Reinhart
Musil-Mantha
Jones-Bear

Thats a pretty young D

We might be walking away from 2 of Musil, Simpson, Oesterle and Laleggia next year.
Simpson and Musil seem to be career AHLers at this time.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
peaks are in the eye of beholder :)

Desharnais >> Mantha

will I get jumped on for saying that here?

Well now you have to be careful when talking about prospects, because the Oilers have two Desharnais, and people won't believe the young one is better than Mantha.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
We might be walking away from 2 of Musil, Simpson, Oesterle and Laleggia next year.
Simpson and Musil seem to be career AHLers at this time.

Musil id say is that. Simpson id give him one more year. Laleggia is up at forward and really producing up there. Id hold on to him to play him at forward next year. But tough to see an NHL future with him if hes a forward. Maybe an Arcobello type career. As a D hes probably done, at least with us. Osterle id try int he NHL next year, IMO I have a feeling hell end up better than Reinhart

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Does this make up for the loss of our 2nd rounder?
I think so.

Benning more than makes up for that 2nd rounder. Not many 2nd round picks end up better than what Benning has been. Our last 2nd round pick to find similar success was Marincin

Cagguila id peg as equal value to a 2nd and who knows with Ellis

Dont let Flames and Nucks fans know this. But hes outplaying both Jon Gillies (in his 2nd year) and Demko is his rookie year (0.898)

0.924 sv% is highest rookie sv% in the AHL and actually 3rd best v% in the league. He deserves more love

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy

Simpson-Reinhart
Musil-Mantha
Jones-Bear

Thats a pretty young D

That looks awesome, but I hope Reinhart will earn a spot with the big boys...

Oesterle instead of Reinhart?

Still a very interesting group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad