Confirmed with Link: Oilers Sign Mark Fraser (1 Year 525k , 2-way)

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
I'd rather not have 7 LHD on the farm team.

some might get traded, maybe Fraser is just a cheap 7th d option that can be booted to ECHL if something better comes along..who knows..who cares really. I would just rather Biznasty giving the youth laughs :handclap:

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Doubt he'll ever see any ice time on the main club. Still a head scratcher though even if the price is cheap.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I honestly cannot think of a single defenseman in Bakersfield he should play ahead of. Why waste the contract spot and why take ice time from someone who needs development? No big deal, but seriously why do it?

callighenfan

Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
I realize this deal is the least of our concerns this week, but somehow it's bumming me out almost as much as the bigger questionable moves. There's no excuse for signing another big NHL-AHL-tweener LHD with skating issues. It suggests that the organization is incapable of making wise decisions about even the smallest matters.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Very good fighter and physical. No offense to him but I don't want to see him with the big club next season. We moved on from Gazdic and Kessy so we need someone other than Moroz and potentially Khaira that can handle the rough stuff.

Avenger*

Total head scratcher unless something else is in the works.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
they wanted a player to play in AHL but can play in NHL because of injuries.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Really don't get this signing at all, we have too many LHD's as it is already competing for ice time both in the NHL and AHL. Weird move.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
The following players have been signed as UFA's in the last 24 hours:

Brad Hunt
Chris Butler
Jacob Doty
Andrew Agozzino
Kenny Agostino
Wade Megan
Morgan Ellis
Alex Friesen
Mueller, Chris
Zolnierczyk, Harry
Irwin, Matt
Trotman, Zach
Ruhwedel, Chad
Schaller, Tim
Billins, Chad
Elson, Turner
Ross, Garret
Bodnarchuk, Andrew
Redmond, Zach
Rendulic, Borna
Chaput, Michael
Paliotta, Michael
Sceviour, Colton
Miele, Andy
Miller, Andrew
Gaunce, Cameron
Dietz, Darren
Dumont, Gabriel
Ellis, Morgan
Leblond, Pierre-Luc
Warsofsky, David
O'Brien, Jim
Sislo, Mike
Megna, Jayson
White, Ryan
O'Neill, Will
Stollery, Karl
Cannone, Pat
Blunden, Mike
Carrick, Sam
Fedun, Taylor
Latta, Michael
Camper, Carter
MacWilliam, Andrew

So basically every team has signed multiple farm depth guys, and their fans probably don't say anything. Chiarelli signs one farm depth guy and people are upset with him about it?

Honestly, if you're telling me you're upset or don't understand a routine AHL depth signing, then you're telling me that you're just looking for something to complain about.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad