GDT: Oilers@Sharks - 8:30 PM - HBD McDavid

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Exactly. An early slightly high shooting % means shit when you look at the bigger picture.

I’m not saying he will but saying he “won’t” based off that is silly.
Fair enough. "Won't" may have been too strong a word. Just think it's very unlikely to maintain a near 20% shooting percentage. Though the added confidence could lead to him taking more shots making up the difference.

The fact that most of his production has come with a trio that's largely losing the possession battle but stil looking good on the strength of a 1.08 PDO is also concerning regarding the sustainability of that trio.

But don't get me wrong, I love the guy as well, just tempering expectations and hope he's here for a few years to come. 10 goals should be a lock, 15 goals... maybe. 20 very doubtful, in my opinion looking at all the other underlying numbers.

A few years ago I was saying no friggin way but I’ve seen what you said of how much of a blessing it can be. I definitely should be making some big decisions in 2023.
It took me a long time to jump from diving boards too, and that was usually worth it :P
Jumping off diving boards and becoming a parent are virtually the same thing, so I'm sure you'll get it right. ;)

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I’m so pissy today. If they put me in Yamamoto’s jersey and gave me a shift I’d try to put the puck through people I’m so angry. AHHHHHHHHH

My woman wants me to make her a mom. If a dog can make me feel like this after one annoying night I can’t imagine what a screaming human would make me feel like.. is there a job out there that can harness my anger safely?
I’ve not read ahead, but this is gonna get good, isn’t it!!?

Do not take starting a family lightly. Firstly make sure that the relationship with you and your partner is strong, having a kid will not solve issues between the two of you. Secondly if possible, make sure that there is a support system to help you and your partner. We didn't really have that so it was harder than most that have parents or inlaws available to help. At the end of the day, if you want kids it is a true blessing to be a parent. If you do not see yourself with kids and wanting to be a dad then your opinion may differ from mine.
This is a wise and true post. Before it gets polluted, thank you for posting this.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
This coming from a guy who wanted the Oilers to lose.
Short team losses that could compound into long term wins, so yes

If you think this Oilers team and GM we have now can win a cup, then more power to you

Not to mention all they have done is lose for 6 out of the 8 years since we’ve drafted Connor so forgive me if I’m not a false optimist putting on my best fake smile hoping for a miracle on ice event for oilers to win a cup.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
A few years ago I was saying no friggin way but I’ve seen what you said of how much of a blessing it can be. I definitely should be making some big decisions in 2023.
It took me a long time to jump from diving boards too, and that was usually worth it :P
The other thing to remember is that not everyone can have children naturally. This is one thing that IMO many people take for granted. Some need medical help and some simply cannot. Also, the older the woman gets the higher the likelihood of having birth issues like Down Syndrome. Take all of these things into account when deciding when/if you and your fiance would like to try to start a family. As a proud father or 2, I can honestly say that my life revolves around trying to set them up to be good people and to have a better life than I have had.
I will keep HF Oil updated whether you guys want it or not. I need to make some moves!
You and BBO have good points. Trying to get the world even more populated?!
We need more good people and Oilers fans in this world! If they are brought up the right way and are hard working and can contribute in a good way to this world that is never a bad thing. If you decide to have 15 kids and teach them all how to live off the government tit then not so much ;)

Reactions: ZJuice

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
This guy blocked me on Twitter. I have no idea why.

But from his shite tweet today I might have chirped him for another crappy take when I was under the influence of something and just can't remember...
Lol. I understand.

I’m confident in saying if posting under the influence here resulted in losing your license to post, I’d be in jail… and the place would be crickets.

OilynutEsquire

Sep 24, 2021

Happy birthday Connor. Make sure to thank Chia and Kenny boy for wasting 8 years of your life and probably the next 3

Are we sharing our twitter posts here now? lol

Holy he got 8 likes!!! Better share it on the board!

Something in the water in Edmonton turns grown men into children. Is the fountain of youth located in Edmonton?

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I think in honour of his 26th birthday, Connor should go out and get 26 points tonight. Only fair.
In honour of this occasion I predict a few posters will consume a 26 of distilled enjoyment tonight.

I’m glad he’s not turning 50, it would be a wreck in many ways.

That tweet is so dumb….
You’re right That’s another reason to not take him serious!!

• Haha
Reactions: ToeMcDrag83

CN8

May 31, 2010
Canada
Looking at the schedule I’m happy with 2 out of next 4. After that of this team expects playoffs 10-3 is a real possibility
Only 1/13 Games against a top payoff team

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
That guys Twitter account is bullshit. He didn’t pay for a blue check mark. I can’t take him serious.😉
Crosby got his last 2 cups at 29 and 30. Ovi was 32 when he got his cup. I really think it's a 6 to 8 year window if whoever our GM is can build a strong supporting cast.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Crosby got his last 2 cups at 29 and 30. Ovi was 32 when he got his cup. I really think it's a 6 to 8 year window if whoever our GM is can build a strong supporting cast.
Yep. He’s on it. Just like Craig was

1673649112849.jpeg

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
How hung over are the boys gonna be for this one?
Good thing they put the Vegas game on the back end of a back to back so that they are likely waiting until after tomorrow's night's game for hookers and blow and have an extra day to sleep it off before Seattle.

Looking at the schedule I’m happy with 2 out of next 4. After that of this team expects playoffs 10-3 is a real possibility
Only 1/13 Games against a top payoff team
Including 8 straight vs. teams currently in the bottom 10 of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad