GDT: Oilers@Sharks - 8:30 PM - HBD McDavid

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
He has the skill, it's about the opportunity and minutes that he gets. I would not write him off, he's more than a third of the way there and that's with him only getting top 6 minutes for a short amount of time.
Exactly. An early slightly high shooting % means shit when you look at the bigger picture.

I’m not saying he will but saying he “won’t” based off that is silly.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I’m so pissy today. If they put me in Yamamoto’s jersey and gave me a shift I’d try to put the puck through people I’m so angry. AHHHHHHHHH

My woman wants me to make her a mom. If a dog can make me feel like this after one annoying night I can’t imagine what a screaming human would make me feel like.. is there a job out there that can harness my anger safely?
Do not take starting a family lightly. Firstly make sure that the relationship with you and your partner is strong, having a kid will not solve issues between the two of you. Secondly if possible, make sure that there is a support system to help you and your partner. We didn't really have that so it was harder than most that have parents or inlaws available to help. At the end of the day, if you want kids it is a true blessing to be a parent. If you do not see yourself with kids and wanting to be a dad then your opinion may differ from mine.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
31ish and it’s getting to the point where I need to propose. That damn Beyoncé song came on a couple of nights ago and I swear she gave me a little look lol
Short story.

I had a friend who was in his 50s. He had two kids. One died in an accident.

His advice to me (I was a lot younger then) was to have as many kids as you responsibly can. You never know what life will bring.

Having said that, you are still pretty young.

If she is the one, get married and start a family. The first few years with young children can be tough, but then it becomes a lot better. I have yet to meet anyone who says they regret having children (once the kids are older).

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Short story.

His advice to me (I was a lot younger then) was to have as many kids as you responsibly can. You never know what life will bring.

If she is the one, get married and start a family. The first few years are tough, but then it becomes a lot better. I have yet to meet anyone who says they regret having children (once the kids are older).
If she's not the one then set her free. If she wants a family, women have a shorter timeline than men to have children so staying with her until she's 40ish and then leaving her or saying that you don't want kids by that point is selfish.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
31ish and it’s getting to the point where I need to propose. That damn Beyoncé song came on a couple of nights ago and I swear she gave me a little look lol
I was around your age when my first child was born. Having kids too early can be difficult as we maybe more hot headed for instance, but having them really late is tough too. If you wait until you're 40 then your kid would be 18 when you're 58 which depending on how you age could be hard on you and them.

Reactions: ZJuice

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Do not take starting a family lightly. Firstly make sure that the relationship with you and your partner is strong, having a kid will not solve issues between the two of you. Secondly if possible, make sure that there is a support system to help you and your partner. We didn't really have that so it was harder than most that have parents or inlaws available to help. At the end of the day, if you want kids it is a true blessing to be a parent. If you do not see yourself with kids and wanting to be a dad then your opinion may differ from mine.
A few years ago I was saying no friggin way but I’ve seen what you said of how much of a blessing it can be. I definitely should be making some big decisions in 2023.
It took me a long time to jump from diving boards too, and that was usually worth it :P

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Short story.

If she is the one, get married and start a family. The first few years with young children can be tough, but then it becomes a lot better. I have yet to meet anyone who says they regret having children (once the kids are older).
I will keep HF Oil updated whether you guys want it or not. I need to make some moves!
You and BBO have good points. Trying to get the world even more populated?!

Reactions: gordonhught

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I will keep HF Oil updated whether you guys want it or not. I need to make some moves!
You and BBO have good points. Trying to get the world even more populated?!
Overpopulation is a myth. Lots of places to live here.

Population decrease is an even bigger issue. China's one child policy will be a problem for China within the next 10 years. To many old people and not enough kids. This is one reason why immigration is a big deal in Canada. Aging population and not enough young people. IMO.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I predict McDavid to have a couple of strong games tonight and tomorrow and then go hard celebrating his 26th birthday in Vegas tomorrow night.
I hope the boys have 100% finishes on the birthday boy’s passes tonight. That would be a great gift!

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014

Happy birthday Connor. Make sure to thank Chia and Kenny boy for wasting 8 years of your life and probably the next 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad