GDT: Oilers @ Senators - 4 PM - SN West

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Ok the leafs game sucked…so let’s flush that one and start a new winning streak!

IMG_4648.jpeg

IMG_4653.jpeg

IMG_4649.jpeg

IMG_4650.jpegIMG_4651.jpeg
IMG_4652.jpeg

IMG_0886.jpeg

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I'll be working my ass off tomorrow during this game and will hopefully watch the game on replay after I come home with more aches and pains than usual. Hopefully the boys bring the same work ethic that I will in spite of me making peanuts compared to them.
Working hard is great, but I'd also like them to work one hell of a lot smarter.

There's no way the oilers PP is second in the whole league? But it looks so awful?
I think that is definitely because of the extreme talent on it, and certainly not some of the decisions they make.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
What kind of a blender will we witness today? Will Knob start pulling goaltenders after 3 early goals? Will the team revert back to ACTUAL zone defense? Will they watch tape and start simplifying their game. Will they learn to stop giving the puck away? Will the defense quit abandoning the front of our net. Will they start games on time and play a full 60 minutes. Will they quit being cute and actually shoot the puck? Will they play with more intensity? Will they throw some more hits?

If they don't, they won't make it past the 1st round.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
There's no way the oilers PP is second in the whole league? But it looks so awful?

Technically it’s a bad power play in terms of working as a unit. The individual skill shines through though as the resulting goals are usually one timers from Drai’s office or Bouch Bombs from the point.

What kind of a blender will we witness today? Will Knob start pulling goaltenders after 3 early goals? Will the team revert back to ACTUAL zone defense? Will they watch tape and start simplifying their game. Will they learn to stop giving the puck away? Will the defense quit abandoning the front of our net. Will they start games on time and play a full 60 minutes. Will they quit being cute and actually shoot the puck? Will they play with more intensity? Will they throw some more hits?

If they don't, they won't make it past the 1st round.

I personally don’t agree with Knob’s tactics of changing the lines up every game based on the opponent. Would be nice to keep the same lines and build up some chemistry for the playoffs. Teams should need to adjust to us, not the other way around. I feel like it just sends a message that man to man we can’t beat the other team if we keep the same lines.

helloconga

Oct 12, 2023
Florida
why is perry not listed on a line on DF? he’s on pp2 and played yesterday. anyone know which line he’s on? cheers

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I'll be working my ass off tomorrow during this game and will hopefully watch the game on replay after I come home with more aches and pains than usual. Hopefully the boys bring the same work ethic that I will in spite of me making peanuts compared to them.
You can be sure you'll work harder than them.

On the other hand Connor has a chance to catch big macWhine today

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The P
Great observation.
Too many brain dead players on the pp.
The PP should be something that gets them going at the beginning of the game. Instead, too many times there is no urgency or intelligent decisions, and just as in yesterday, it sucks the life out of the team when it fails. As they say about PP's, it's when you score on them that's most important. Apparently when you're down 5-0 halfway through the 3rd period is when they think it's good to start bearing down on the PP.

Reactions: Biltmore

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
What sucks the life out of the team? Going down 1-0 every game on the first or second shot because our goalie isnt ready to start the game
You can’t possibly blame that first goal on Skinner. Maybe if big 73 had a clue how to defend guys wouldn’t be getting wide open looks from ten feet in front of the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad