Confirmed with Link: Oilers Rookies vs Golden Bears at Rexall Sept 16

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Actually I've made arrangements with a girl. Bought tickets to take her out to the game. Turns out she's busy. Guess I have to take one of my guy friends out.

Prime example of why I only go on coffee dates. I spend maybe $10 total and if they flake out it's no big deal :laugh:
Friendly tip: make sure you set up a date with a girl max 2 days in advance. Any more than that and she will more than likely cancel. Believe me, I've been there before. So if you were able to do it over again buy the tickets in advance and then a couple days before the game say "Me and my friend bought tickets to the game but he had something come up (work, date, etc). I'm going anyways but you can tag along if you want". It kind of gives off that "I don't care" vibe

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Slepy-McDavid-Sanford
Christoffer-Draisaitl-Winquist
Rankin-Platzer-Chase
Bukarts-Loiseau-Linaker

Lines for tonight as per Wilkins.

Nurse-LaLeggia
Jones-Bear
Betker-Leveille

D as per Stauffer.

Happy to see Leveille get into this game, he's been clearly better than the other two invited D IMO.

OilerMcLord

Oct 9, 2003
The LRT is going to be a poo fest isn't it?
I hope I'm home in time to watch a stream!

The LRT was able to handle the last Eskimo game against Calgary with no problems, so I imagine this game should be fine.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Slepy-McDavid-Sanford
Rankin-Platzer-Chase
Bukarts-Loiseau-Linaker

Nurse-LaLeggia
Jones-Bear
Betker-Leveille

D as per Stauffer.

Happy to see Leveille get into this game, he's been clearly better than the other two invited D IMO.

Looking forward to seeing McDavid & Slepy playing together.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Slepy-McDavid-Sanford
Rankin-Platzer-Chase
Bukarts-Loiseau-Linaker

Nurse-LaLeggia
Jones-Bear
Betker-Leveille

D as per Stauffer.

Nice to see Christoffer to get a little budge up the lineup! Good for him and well deserved.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Slepy-McDavid-Sanford
Rankin-Platzer-Chase
Bukarts-Loiseau-Linaker

Nurse-LaLeggia
Jones-Bear
Betker-Leveille

D as per Stauffer.

Draisatl #cantstopwontstop

Great look for Christoffer and Winquist, will be looking out for DecoyConnor as well... Who is Sanford?? Hope Slappyshot hits the bodies, scores the goals.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I like the lines. Solid scoring throughout but a lot of this will come down to how hard Draisaitl and McDavid decide to play.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Won't have time to do this GDTS either. Looks like Stauffer tweeted both lineups. Someone jump on it.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Slepy-McDavid-Sanford
Rankin-Platzer-Chase
Bukarts-Loiseau-Linaker

Nurse-LaLeggia
Jones-Bear
Betker-Leveille

D as per Stauffer.

Awesome, I actually thought Drai wouldn't play and perhaps not Nurse. They played last year, and well Drai isn't even technically a NHL rookie any more. However, that good. This will be tough for the Bears, best team I think they have faced as long as I have been watching this.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Awesome, I actually thought Drai wouldn't play and perhaps not Nurse. They played last year, and well Drai isn't even technically a NHL rookie any more. However, that good. This will be tough for the Bears, best team I think they have faced as long as I have been watching this.

We should put Drai on McDavids right wing.

Lets develop their chemistry now.

McDeathbyCheerios*

We should put Drai on McDavids right wing.

Lets develop their chemistry now.
I feel like their styles clash. McDavid plays a fast based game. Drai plays a slower cerebral game. Drai would be better with RNH

13jetoil39

Apr 14, 2015
Agreed. Drai is not as fast and plays more so lower half board game. His down low play helps cycle and protect. He would fit RNH forsure

McDavid is all about adlibbing on the fly... speed, and likes to create. He is a shooter.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Both Drai and McD like the puck, and both play wildly different styles. Need to play on different lines. McD's best bet is Hall. Not sure who can play with Drai yet. Maybe Sleepy.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Drai would fit well with Eberle. Both play a cerebral game and don't have the greatest skating skills.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Both Drai and McD like the puck, and both play wildly different styles. Need to play on different lines. McD's best bet is Hall. Not sure who can play with Drai yet. Maybe Sleepy.

I'd be very interested to see what a Slepy/Draisaitl/Yakupov line could do.

Yak with the hammer, Draisaitl setting his wingers up all night and Slepyshev seems to be able to do a little bit of everything...shoot, pass, dig the puck out of the corner, whatever's needed.

Quinteoilers

Jan 7, 2012
Are people ready to give MacT and the scouts a reluctant hat tip for the Shelppy/Big Yak picks...(and forget about BCHL long shots)

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton

Here's the issue, Drais plays much like RNH where he prefers to slow it down and out think opponents and cycle the puck till their opponent makes a mistake, much like Eberle(Ebs can play any style though, he's an elite complimentary winger) and RNH, its basically testing the defenders ability to repeatedly stick to everyone and capitalizing when they dont.

McDavid, yak and Hall all play North South games where they burn you with speed/hands, forcing them to make a mistake through quick pressure. It's why Hall or Yak have never jelled well with RNH because the puck has to be on Nuges stick for him to really create and he prefers to set up shop on the perimeter before he drives to the net. Hall often was the puck career on the break out and his mind was working on a completely different idea than Nuges.

Draisaitl-RNH-Ebs
Hall-McDavid-Yak

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino