Vladdy Hockey - Bogdan Yakimov - Greg Chase
Travis Ewanyk - Jujhar Khaira - Kale Kessy
Connor Jones - Kellen Jones - Kyle Platzer

Jordan Oesterle - Dillon Simpson
Darnell Nurse - C.J. Ludwig
David Musil - Martin Gernat

Laurent Brossoit
Ty Rimmer

I like those lines a lot but I wanted to see Keven Bouchard in the net, oh well. Russian duo is back in action and all the big prospects are in as well. Only Winquist, Roy, Houck, Krushelnyski, Betker, Craig and Boland are sitting out.

Keep your eyes on Jujhar Khaira, his skating is 100x better than it was last year. He is able to absolutely fly on the ice. :amazed:

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I like those lines a lot but I wanted to see Keven Bouchard in the net, oh well. Russian duo is back in action and all the big prospects are in as well. Only Winquist, Roy, Houck, Krushelnyski, Betker, Craig and Boland are sitting out.

Keep your eyes on Jujhar Khaira, his skating is 100x better than it was last year. He is able to absolutely fly on the ice. :amazed:

After watching the rookie tourney, it didn't seem to me like Khaira's skating was *that* good...it's better, but he still looks like a lumbering skater out there.

A bit surprised to see Roy not in the lineup. Unless he's got an injury or something else is going on, that's a bit of a disappointment for last year's 56th overall pick to not even be in this game.

I like the look of the dman pairings, particularly pairing Nurse and Gernat with stay at home guys that'll hopefully give them more freedom to join the rush.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Pretty sure they sell door tickets. At university, will attempt to confirm. No promises whether I'll actually be able to.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
Any reason why the Jone's are playing ahead of Roy? How has Roy looked?

Also anyone going to the game? I was hoping to buy tickets at the door around 615, not sure if that would be too late.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Tickets were still available yesterday. Going online it looks like they are sold out now. Its all general admission in case people don't know. Sometimes they release some more seats but being that theres none available at the moment its probably already capacity.

Pretty good considering tickets were going for 35bucks for prospects vs the rebuild U of A Golden bears who don't have anything close to the team they had last year.

Golden Bears games were great to go to last season. Legendary season for a great org.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Have a great time guys!

Surprised someone like Ewanyk is playing over Roy.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
The only time I ever went to this game was at their very first one.

Back in those days, I really had high hopes for overager Stan Drulia. :laugh:

Richard Borgo was cementing his status as a future draft bust, and a rookie Martin Gelinas was even then making me think "Hmm, he sure can skate but he doesn't have as much finish around the net as his draft pedigree would suggest..."

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Have a great time guys!

Surprised someone like Ewanyk is playing over Roy.

Roy was returned to junior two days ago.

bsmith14 said:
Any reason why the Jone's are playing ahead of Roy? How has Roy looked?

Also anyone going to the game? I was hoping to buy tickets at the door around 615, not sure if that would be too late.
I assume the fact that Roy has a junior camp to attend and the fact that Ewanyk and the Jones's don't have anywhere to be till AHL camp starts up probably has a role in it and Roy was one of the few players who played in all 3 Penticton games could be a factor too. Roy's play in the tournament was a mixed bag, he had flashes of good stuff both offensively and defensively, but wasn't bringing it regularly and his line generally speaking didn't consistently produce chances, Roy also took 3 minor penalties one was a potential goal saver, but the other two were just undisciplined play. He scored 4 points in his 3 games leading all players on our rookie squad, but I think someone mentioned Kessy got robbed of one assist which was given to Roy and as I mentioned he did play 1 more game then 90% of the players in the tournament so that needs to be accounted for as well.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008

I assume the fact that Roy has a junior camp to attend and the fact that Ewanyk and the Jones's don't have anywhere to be till AHL camp starts up probably has a role in it and Roy was one of the few players who played in all 3 Penticton games could be a factor too. Roy's play in the tournament was a mixed bag, he had flashes of good stuff both offensively and defensively, but wasn't bringing it regularly and his line generally speaking didn't consistently produce chances, Roy also took 3 minor penalties one was a potential goal saver, but the other two were just undisciplined play. He scored 4 points in his 3 games leading all players on our rookie squad, but I think someone mentioned Kessy got robbed of one assist which was given to Roy and as I mentioned he did play 1 more game then 90% of the players in the tournament so that needs to be accounted for as well.

Thanks BB.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond

I guess, but IMO it still seems a bit off. Platzer and Chase also have junior camps to attend, and all 3 of them were played against the Golden Bears last year...heck, IIRC Roy was centering the 1st line in that game. Granted, the forward depth is much better this year, but now he doesn't even get into the starting lineup?

Must be a bit humbling, especially when he was drafted above Platzer and Chase in the same draft class.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
The only time I ever went to this game was at their very first one.

Back in those days, I really had high hopes for overager Stan Drulia. :laugh:

Richard Borgo was cementing his status as a future draft bust, and a rookie Martin Gelinas was even then making me think "Hmm, he sure can skate but he doesn't have as much finish around the net as his draft pedigree would suggest..."

My two memories were watching Vladimir Vujtek fly around the ice one year, and Laraque beating the crap out of a few Golden Bear players another year. But now that I saw Vujtek was drafted by Montreal, I'm not sure if he would have played in that tournament, and I may be mistaking him for someone else (memories from the University days are bit hazy...)

McDeathbyCheerios*

Going to the game tonight, I'll try and post a recap of my thoughts after the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad