Recalled/Assigned: Oilers Recall Yamamoto & Lagesson

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Can't say I agree with Yam getting the call over Benson based on time put in, stats, and age, but maybe those who watch the condors regularly can see the reasoning. Seems like Yam having an extended injury free stint would be best for him, meanwhile benson is yet to taste NHL hockey.

Excited to see Lagesson though. Hopefully he actually gets a couple games this call up. I think he'll be a good bottom pairing Dman at least.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yamamoto. lmao

If Drai has to carry this midget around I'll just turn the game off early.

But virtually guaranteed it will be Drai getting this garbage assignment.

Now THATS a consequence.

BAD DRAI!

Now you get to play with Yamamoto. Have fun being shorthanded all game.

Reactions: Porkleaker

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Yamamoto looked terrific for the Condors last night drawing 3 penalties, I believe he had a goal and an assist as well as being a factor on the penalty kill including the pk that closed out the win after Davidson brought the Heat within 1.

I think Benson makes a lot of sense because of the lack of left wingers on the team but seeing all these "should have been Benson"comments makes me wonder how many of these people have watched either player with the Condors this season.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Wonder why they wouldn't bring up both Yams and Benson? I think they have the room, no?

Both are deserving of a shot in the show anyway.

Reactions: Double A RON

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Yamamoto looked terrific for the Condors last night drawing 3 penalties, I believe he had a goal and an assist as well as being a factor on the penalty kill including the pk that closed out the win after Davidson brought the Heat within 1.

I think Benson makes a lot of sense because of the lack of left wingers on the team but seeing all these "should have been Benson"comments makes me wonder how many of these people have watched either player with the Condors this season.
I admit I havenmt watched many Condors games...mostly highlites
just thought Benson has put in his time

Reactions: KarmaPolice

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Yamamoto. lmao

Now THATS a consequence.

BAD DRAI!

It was pretty much a 50/50 between Yamamoto and Benson, and you appear to hate both with a passion. At this point anyone expecting a forward to be called up that's any good is confusing our prospect pool with someone elses.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Yamamoto. lmao

Now THATS a consequence.

BAD DRAI!

Wow Replacement Young players can't get better over time.

Why am I even posting to you? You're posts are always just pure irrelevant

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It was pretty much a 50/50 between Yamamoto and Benson, and you appear to hate both with a passion. At this point anyone expecting a forward to be called up that's any good is confusing our prospect pool with someone elses.

Yeah I "hate" the players because I realize they will bring absolutely nothing here.

Other than window dressing and the Oilers brass saying Durrrr, we done something...

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Wonder why they wouldn't bring up both Yams and Benson? I think they have the room, no?

Both are deserving of a shot in the show anyway.
I would assume it's more of the old school mentality held by the majority of NHL coaches where the only way you can be relied on to play in the NHL is if you already have NHL experience, so dressing more than one player with less than half a season of NHL experience is like asking for the moon.
Guys like Gagner, Chiasson, Khaira, etc will get spots over a second rookie because they're so "safe" despite being absolute trash.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Yeah I "hate" the players because I realize they will bring absolutely nothing here.

Other than window dressing and the Oilers brass saying Durrrr, we done something...
I don't think they'll be difference makers either, I'm just saying that there are literally no forward options for this team anywhere outside of potential trades. Unfortunately any forward movement internally will be exactly what you said, the oilers brass pretending they give a shit.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Wow Replacement Young players can't get better over time.

Why am I even posting to you? You're posts are always just pure irrelevant

lol You like a lot of my posts. Just not on this particular player topic. I have no horse in this race, you do, not sure why anybody would pin their username to such a player but you can't get any more irrelevant than that.

Not meaning to pry but are you related? Its curious that of all the players one would pick KYamamoto out of the pile. I don't see it. There has to be some connection. Could you disclose?

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Question for those who watch BAK semi regularly, does benson kill penalties as well? If not, that could have been the decider. Stauffer tweeting Yam is a good pker.

Reactions: KYams17

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I admit I havenmt watched many Condors games...mostly highlites
just thought Benson has put in his time

Benson was pretty good last night too. He had a nice assist and almost had another one where Yamamoto just couldn't tap it in.

He lacks the dynamic skating of Yamamoto though so maybe that's why they wanted to give Kailer the chance.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
I thought holland was some savant at having prospects “over ripen”
It's a complete myth. Holland has even said this point blank on Edmonton radio before.

He only let guys simmer down there because he had Lidstrom and other stars. He said there was no room for these new draftees and most were not ready anyways since they didn't pick at the top.

HE SAID IF HE HAD A #1/#2 PICK HE WOULD HAVE PUT THEM IN THE NHL RIGHT AWAY most likely

People need to stop parroting this just like the media did.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Yamamoto has drawn a boat load of penalties in the AHL this year, if he can get our power play on the ice more than I’m happy.

But does this "skill" translate well to NHL? NHL is faster and more skilled.
I dont know what to think about this.

Holland is known for his patient with prospects. Does sending down Granlund title that Holland panics, or is Yamamoto really that NHL ready, that someone has to go? I doubt that... This mean that Granlund is just a big liaillity on ice, needed to take of the ice yesterday. Thats how I read it.

It doesnt feel good, Holland doing "not Holland" things, and doing Oiler things...
I was first sceptic to not bring up Benson, but really, maybe Holland sees that Yamamoto is forever damaged. And not Benson, there fore he is saving Benson.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
But does this "skill" translate well to NHL? NHL is faster and more skilled.
I dont know what to think about this.

Holland is known for his patient with prospects. Does sending down Granlund title that Holland panics, or is Yamamoto really that NHL ready, that someone has to go? I doubt that... This mean that Granlund is just a big liaillity on ice, needed to take of the ice yesterday. Thats how I read it.

It doesnt feel good, Holland doing "not Holland" things, and doing Oiler things...
I was first sceptic to not bring up Benson, but really, maybe Holland sees that Yamamoto is forever damaged. And not Benson, there fore he is saving Benson.

Lol what is this.

Yamamoto is playing very well in his draft plus 3 season.

Why are you acting like the sky is falling because he's been called up.

It really isn't a big deal yet somehow it doesn't stop some Oilers fans from jumping to insane conclusions for no particular reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad