Recalled/Assigned: Oilers Recall Richard Bachman; Starts vs. LAK

Njoy Oilers

Aug 6, 2010
Southern Alberta.
I've cited analysts in the thread who are looking into the relationship between puck handling and shot regression. Lacking clinical controls of course its hard to substantiate the statistical difference involved but I don't know why one would conclude theres no effect. When you think about the variables involved I don't know how there wouldn't be an impact.

I'm fine with not discussing it. You're not really doing that anyway.

Dubnyk, LaBarbara & Bachman = Markkannen, Conklin & Morrison. :(

Best quote of this thread! Kudo's. :handclap:

GDU

Dec 19, 2008
Dubnyk, LaBarbara & Bachman = Markkannen, Conklin & Morrison. :(

except morrison, markkennen and conklin were all competent goalies at one time...

i liked the bachman signing, he's young and still improving, i think he's capable of being more than people realize, glad he's up, and yeah we still need to cut or trade one of the other guys...

Billybaroo*

Now we just need to get a goalie at the trade deadline and have him lead us to the Stanley Cup finals.

No we don. According to some tall foreheads making the Stanley Cup Finals was a bad thing and the reason for the franchise been in this state for 7 years.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
That's exactly what I was about to post, Replacement. If we could have had goaltending of that quality in our other games, we're 1-2 games above .500 imo.

Hockey Buddha

Darnell Nurse
Aug 24, 2005
If Bachman sustains his play, I wonder if eventually Dubnyk will be sent to OKC on a conditioning stint to get-his-game-back-in-order--I mean, for his sore ankle--or if LaBarbs gets sent down? I don't think Eakins is the type to carry three goaltenders. I also wonder how long it will take for that decision to come down. If Bachman plays well--he's staying. It's fairly simple imo. Eakins has been quite patient with his goaltenders. He won't carry three.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
I want to wake up to the news of LaBarbera being waived. Actually, I'll probably be awake before the waiver wire gets announced so I want to hear he's been waived after my morning class.

Hockey Buddha

Darnell Nurse
Aug 24, 2005
I want to wake up to the news of LaBarbera being waived. Actually, I'll probably be awake before the waiver wire gets announced so I want to hear he's been waived after my morning class.

I would think after his play today, Bachman is going to get a few looks. One--or eventually maybe both of--LaBarbera or Dubnyk is/are going to the minors. What I mean is that they may waive LaBarbera now while they are playing Bachman and then bring him up and send Dubnyk down (on a "conditioning" stint). LaBarbera may have written his ticket out of town with his play, but his temper tantrum probably didn't help his precarious situation either.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I would think after his play today, Bachman is going to get a few looks. One--or eventually maybe both of--LaBarbera or Dubnyk is/are going to the minors. What I mean is that they may waive LaBarbera now while they are playing Bachman and then bring him up and send Dubnyk down (on a "conditioning" stint). LaBarbera may have written his ticket out of town with his play, but his temper tantrum probably didn't help his precarious situation either.

At least we know LaBarbs cares about winning. Mr "big easy" I don't give a **** whether we win or lose Dubnyk is getting on my nerves.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
Actually when looking at game logs Bachman's numbers have been pretty good, he was on the bad side of a couple blowout losses on a bad dallas team last year, one he came in halfway through a 8 game thumping, letting in 4, but a lot of the wins were 1-2 GA, and a lot of shots. I think he at least deserves a chance. If last night's game was any indication of his skill, he may be better than his numbers show.

McDeathbyCheerios*

So going to look at Bachmans career stats and turns out he is currently the #1 star on NHL.com... He has 13w/10l on his career which is good for a younger goaltender. He has been improving every year as well. His stats and Dubnyks are similar to this point however Dubnyk has played many more games so the sample size is smaller.

He is 7 years younger then Labarbera and if MacT wanted a goalie that could challenge Dubnyk for a spot, I believe Bachman is the best we have for that. If Bachman gave even half the effort he did last night then there is no reason to send him down at all.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I am a tad optimistic after last night's game. I didn't think an Oiler goalie knew how to scramble anymore. He would have to be terribad to play worse than the others. At least he's young enough to still have potential.

Marc08

Mar 17, 2006
To all those who think Bachman is too small to be a full-time NHL goalie; therefore, do you think Halak is too small as well?

Richard Bachman
26 years old
5'10"
176lbs

Jaroslav Halak
28 years old
5'10"
186lbs

I admit that it's only one game so far. So, let's just wait and see how he'll perform in the next 5-10 games.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Moconkannen (?) was 32-21-9 before the Oilers traded for Roli.

Does anyone think Dulababa can go 29-13-8 over the next 50 games?

not a chance in hell. I can see Duby having a stretch of 15-7, i really do, but LOLs would go 0-8 4.05 .833 thus shooting what slim chances we have with an arrow to the knee

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
The way Labarbera played/behaved...I really don't care if Bachman can't stop a beach ball next game. I don't have any interest seeing Labarbera around this team again. Ever.

That being said...Bachman won't be making any more 48 save performances again. Ever.
Realistically...he amounts to a decent #2 guy. Maybe a decent short term starter. That's about it.

This team needs to be much better in the D zone. Its as simple as that.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Here's the issue with our goaltenders:

Dubnyk - has size, but sucky sucky agility, sucky reflexes, sucky sucky ability to read the play, sucky positioning

Laembarrassbera - major sucky sucky sucky in all areas a goaltender can be sucky in

Bachman - is small, and isn't young anymore, haven't seen enough of his game to determine if he's sucky in anything

And yes, I judged everyone on the sucky scale.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Everybody except Klown knew Labarbera was horrible this summer. Everybody but Klown can see this now as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad