Recalled/Assigned: Oilers Recall Richard Bachman; Starts vs. LAK

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
so the yearly Oiler injury comedy show is well underway.....now Dubnyk sprains his ankle skating out to the goal during the Phoenix game? I have a feeling it's going to be a HELL of a season!! :(

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
I don't blame Labarbera as much as most of you for yesterday, but he sure as hell didn't show anything to help his case.

I feel the same way however it was really evident that he was having a bit of a meltdown at the same time, he wasn't cool and calm like you'd want to see when the game is still winnable. Then that last goal against was a bad one, and I wonder, is the fact that he's freaking out a factor?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
so the yearly Oiler injury comedy show is well underway.....now Dubnyk sprains his ankle skating out to the goal during the Phoenix game? I have a feeling it's going to be a HELL of a season!! :(

making_the_jump_questions_with_aaron_ekblad_barrie_colts.jpg

:sarcasm:

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Barons beatwriter @ericsports is saying that Tyler Bunz is heading to OKC. The Barons don't play again till Friday. If that's the case, then that means one of three things:

a) The Oilers are going to carry 3 goaltenders.

b) LaBarbera is heading to the ECHL Condors.

c) Mutual contract termination.

I like two of those options. I hate one of those options.

You forgot option d)
d) Something spectacular happens on the Oilers, something that can only happen on such a team (Dubnyk cuts his finger on a tuna can, Dubnyk rolls his ankle skating to the crease and back) and we are forced to now run a tandem of Bachman and LaBearaBeara.

It's always d). We're the Oilers.

Either sign Bryzzy or sign a ******* witch doctor. This team is cursed. I blame Potter.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
You forgot option d)
d) Something spectacular happens on the Oilers, something that can only happen on such a team (Dubnyk cuts his finger on a tuna can, Dubnyk rolls his ankle skating to the crease and back) and we are forced to now run a tandem of Bachman and LaBearaBeara.

It's always d). We're the Oilers.

Either sign Bryzzy or sign a ******* witch doctor. This team is cursed. I blame Potter.

It's honestly amazing. I don't think I've witnessed a team in any sport have such a continual run of the worst luck at the worst possible time. Just as Dubnyk starts to pull his head out if his ass, he gets some random injury forcing us to play an AHL goalie because our backup is so ****ing abysmal at playing and staying mentally competent that we don't have a choice.

It doesn't even surprise me anymore. It's just part of being an Oiler. Unbelievable.

Mr McV

Oct 9, 2008
Penticton

At least with the injuries piling up, Oilers only have to hit the reset button at the end of the year, and we're good to go for next year. :sarcasm:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Dubnyk has worse figures than this. How does this get ignored?

Dubnyk has at least righted the ship a bit and strung together a decent stretch of games. Labarbera has been awful in every game.
Bachman starts tonight? So Dubnyk finally gets some confidence and he then gets sat for 2 games? I'm trying to be patient with you Dallas but you're making it harder by the day to believe in you.

Edit: I see that Dubnyk got injured. WOW, what a disaster this season is. I thought that rock bottom hit a couple of seasons ago, guess not.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Dubnyk has at least righted the ship a bit and strung together a decent stretch of games. Labarbera has been awful in every game.
Bachman starts tonight? So Dubnyk finally gets some confidence and he then gets sat for 2 games? I'm trying to be patient with you Dallas but you're making it harder by the day to believe in you.

Dubnyk is injured. Something about his ankle.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
I'm calling it right now, with Bachman the Oilers will go 5-0 in their next 5 games.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
I bet you Bachman ***** the bed....

but then we turn to Olivier Roy and go 7-0-0. Because Roy, right?

Right?

(Also, if we do suck this year, I'm going to have to say, that's ****-tastic luck. We miss generational player #1 with MacKinnon and generational player #2 with Connor McDavid. Yay us.)

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton

Right?

(Also, if we do suck this year, I'm going to have to say, that's ****-tastic luck. We miss generational player #1 with MacKinnon and generational player #2 with Connor McDavid. Yay us.)

What makes MacKinnon a generational player??

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003

Right?

Wow, that's a lot of "generational" players within a few years of each other.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
it probably gets ignored cause what you said isn't true.... dubnyks save% is better than labarberas, and dubnyk has actually put in 3 solid games in a row now

Dubs save % is a miniscule amount better, is still horrendous, and was worse prior to Labarberas game yesterday. Dubs still has the worst GAA.

But Dubnyk is supposed to be a starter, is familiar, here, with the team, and most of the D and there was zero excuse for him to be this bad.

Am I supposed to ignore that as little as two weeks ago our number ! was the worst goalie in the league?

I don't think the Washington game was all that great either.

I have zero faith in Dubnyk and that continues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad