Confirmed with Link: Oilers Re-Sign Kassian - 3x1.95M

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Would've preferred two years but can't really complain about the cap hit.

Chia and co are obviously more sold on him than you.
In 2 yrs he could be a 4M player. At worst he would be a 12\13 forward. At less than 2M he is worth that risk.

John Connor McDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Was expecting a Bouma-like pay-out for him after this season (2.1-2.2M) - this is a bonus, especially with some decent term on it as well.

Locks up the 3RW spot for the time being - and at that cap hit it wouldn't break my heart if he ends up in the 4RW spot.

Oilyveins97*

Jun 11, 2017
Manitoba
Was expecting a Bouma-like pay-out for him after this season (2.1-2.2M) - this is a bonus, especially with some decent term on it as well.

Locks up the 3RW spot for the time being - and at that cap hit it wouldn't break my heart if he ends up in the 4RW spot.

I figured we would see 2.5 mil per(Matt Martin comparable) Although I consider Kassian the better player

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Happy this deal came in under 2M per.

I really like him as a fit for this team but long term he is a 3rd/4th line guy and we cannot afford to pay someone in that role way to handsomely but this deal should fit our cap needs.

Kassian is more than a 3rd or 4th liner. He's good enough to move up and down the lineup as needs arise. This is a great signing.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Chia and co are obviously more sold on him than you.
In 2 yrs he could be a 4M player. At worst he would be a 12\13 forward. At less than 2M he is worth that risk.

I like him and I'm happy to have him back, I just hope he keeps it up. Poor dude has had a rather... tumultuous career so far.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Awesome!!!! Hope he continues to rock the chops during the playoffs.:yo: Good to have character guys like this on the team.:handclap:

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Since we overpaid for Russell, these small discounts of 300-400K will really even things out.

They did not overpay Russell. THis is the going rate for this type of player these days, especially that he's a free agent. He would get the same contract elsewhere.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Unless some hates kassian or the oilers (which don't even count as anything), I fail to see any problems with this deal :handclap:

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Great contract for a great guy that has found his way back to being a solid player in the NHL. Also love what he brings to the Oilers dressing room. His interview on 1260 today, he said that with his past issues that even with the new contract he feels he still needs to prove himself day in and day out because of the opportunity Chia gave him, which is great to hear.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
Unreal. Amazing deal. I always say that you never, ever, EVER trade a guy that has just single-handedly won you a playoff game. Kass can do that when he's on fire.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
They did not overpay Russell. THis is the going rate for this type of player these days, especially that he's a free agent. He would get the same contract elsewhere.

Per year, maybe no. 16 million is a typical UFA overpay.

It's common.

It's not a critical comment even.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
He had more 5vs5 points than Lucic last year and only 1 less then RNH. Not bad for 1/3 the price. If he didn't have such bad luck on offside and GI reviews last year he would have had 5-6 more points too.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Great contract for a great guy that has found his way back to being a solid player in the NHL. Also love what he brings to the Oilers dressing room. His interview on 1260 today, he said that with his past issues that even with the new contract he feels he still needs to prove himself day in and day out because of the opportunity Chia gave him, which is great to hear.

Myself like many others in here figures he would have a lot of loyalty to Chia and the Oilers.
Character glue guy. We need players like him.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Would've preferred two years but can't really complain about the cap hit.

Am I not surprised you'd look for the negative in this deal? Really? we are VERY lucky he signed for 3 years. Who do you think will replace him at 1.95M after 2? Be thankful we didn't sign a Gordon type player 3M just to play the 3rd or 4th line lol. Seriously...

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
The Oilers fan in me is glad to have Kassian coming back.

The human with empathy in me wishes ZK continued success with his recovery, regardless of what happens on the ice. He has been a great story with Edmonton, I hope he continues to be a positive story moving forwards.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Myself like many others in here figures he would have a lot of loyalty to Chia and the Oilers.
Character glue guy. We need players like him.

Bingo. Guys like that bring a locker room together, you can tell his teammates love him.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Every ones reaction seeing this deal

Z94AGZl.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad