Post-Game Talk: Oilers @ Rangers 11/9/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I wouldn't be surprised at all if we beat the pens. This is a typical rangers thing to do. Send HF into cardiac arrest by losing to two horrible teams then spank a 1st place team. Literally happened last year before the olympics. Lost to Edmonton HFNYR exploded calling for them to blow up the team then they beat the penguins.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
What's between AV and Malhotra is that AV doesn't think he can see the ice well enough to protect himself from serious injury. Not really something they can shake on and laugh off.

But what's with the obsession with terrible players who are good at faceoffs? Has anyone mentioned Zenon Konopka yet?

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Duclair needs to go back to juniors. He has faded since preseason. Against Toronto Saturday, the SHG - was the fault of zucc and hunwick before it was duclair but he was the back checker and made 0 effort to harass the shooter in front of the net (outside of a half assed reach with his stick). That's the type of play that got Miller sent to minors (particularly a bad change at the end of a PP that led to a goal against earlier in the season against Toronto).

I think Duclair should dominate jrs 1 more season. Let miller come up and play wing. he is more physical than duclair and realistically duclair isn't contributing anything offensively that miller would not replace.

Duclair has 4 less career points in 47 less games than Miller. Duclair doesn't look out of place in the NHL, however he looks like he's being wasted playing with Tanner Glass. Miller has looked lost in jus about every NHL game he's ever played. I don't know what people see in him. I liked him, but his NHL play is completely discouraging. He had a 3C spot handed to him and he sucked his way out of it.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Duclair has 4 less career points in 47 less games than Miller. Duclair doesn't look out of place in the NHL, however he looks like he's being wasted playing with Tanner Glass. Miller has looked lost in jus about every NHL game he's ever played. I don't know what people see in him. I liked him, but his NHL play is completely discouraging. He had a 3C spot handed to him and he sucked his way out of it.

Agreed, I'm in no rush to see Miller back up here, at least at the C position. Perhaps reward Oscar by giving him a look, hes been on fire recently.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
What's between AV and Malhotra is that AV doesn't think he can see the ice well enough to protect himself from serious injury. Not really something they can shake on and laugh off.

But what's with the obsession with terrible players who are good at faceoffs? Has anyone mentioned Zenon Konopka yet?

I vaguely remember someone bringing him up in the off-season. :laugh:

HoosierDaddy

Jun 29, 2007
Norway
11 points in 13 games and he's the problem?

I prefer the eye test, is all. Pointless in 6/14 games.

11 pts in 14 gms.
4 secondary assist
3 two pt. games.

By my math that's 6 points in 3 games, 5 pts in the remaining 11. While getting top PP minutes. Let's not even talk about how feeble he's in the shootout.

If you think all points are created equal that's fine, I get it. We gave up TWO 1st for him. I expect more.

PS I like MSL. Root real hard for him (and team, of course).

Dorado*

I'd rather have konopka then glass at this point . What was he like 80% in the dot against us last time we played ott in the pO

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
How many "Wake up call" games does this team have per season?

How many EN goals does this team allow?

And of course it's a massive struggle for us to score when we have the opportunity at an EN. We are probably one of the worst EN teams in the league at both ends of the ice.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Duclair needs to go back to juniors. He has faded since preseason. Against Toronto Saturday, the SHG - was the fault of zucc and hunwick before it was duclair but he was the back checker and made 0 effort to harass the shooter in front of the net (outside of a half assed reach with his stick). That's the type of play that got Miller sent to minors (particularly a bad change at the end of a PP that led to a goal against earlier in the season against Toronto).

I think Duclair should dominate jrs 1 more season. Let miller come up and play wing. he is more physical than duclair and realistically duclair isn't contributing anything offensively that miller would not replace.

Don't know how you can look at this loss, and come away with "Duclair should go back to juniors".

jgimb

Dec 28, 2012
only reason why duclair should be sent down is because he is being put in a position in which its highly unlikely to succeed. I mean has anyone scored 10 plus in a season playing with glass..... guy is the anti Christ of offence. If Av is serious about having four lines that can contribute he better consider getting rid of his golden boy.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Staal was worst Dman on the ice last night

That's the scary part

Staalsy hasn't really been himself since his eye got ****ed up. He'll have a good game then follow it up by having 2, 3 or 4 head scratchers. It's unfortunate and frustrating.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Can't win without centers. Can't win without winning faceoffs. Can't win without defensemen that can handle the puck and make breakout passes. Can't win without defensemen that can clear the front of the net. Can't win without defensive depth. Too many guys on the roster don't really fit AVs system.

Imagine your reactions if you were a Sabre fan.

Missing their best skater and their best center is still going through training camp.

Some people here go psycho way too early.

The Rangers are a lock to make the playoffs. After that just about anyone can win.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So...I missed this one, how exactly do you only score 1 goal against the Oilers? :help:
1. Do not compete for loose pucks.
2. Not be interested in anything but poke checks defensively.
3. As last year, if unable to score off of the rush, then unable to score.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
One typically has to work hard to get calls.

Is this really implying the Rangers haven't worked hard this season?

Why did Stepan only play 13 min last night?

It's only his second game back. He's still rusty and getting into game shape.

Imagine your reactions if you were a Sabre fan.

Missing their best skater and their best center is still going through training camp.

Some people here go psycho way too early.

The Rangers are a lock to make the playoffs. After that just about anyone can win.

This post should be stickied.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Staalsy hasn't really been himself since his eye got ****ed up. He'll have a good game then follow it up by having 2, 3 or 4 head scratchers. It's unfortunate and frustrating.

which is why you trade him at or before the deadline and you let another team commit 6 million per to that.

Stepanstones*

1. Take Giradi off the PP for ****s sake right there well boost the the PP.
2. 3rd Line needs to be Haglin Hayes Duke end of story gives the rookies someone who can go chase down the puck gives Haglin more talent to play with. Also makes the 4th a good 4TH Line with moore and stemp even with Glass its still good. Simple stuff AV.

The D will be fine once they are healthy is hunwick solid 7th Dman.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

This is looking to be what should happen. As electric as Duclair can be, I don't think he's ready. It's too bad he cant go to the A, but that's where we're at. He looks over matched and maybe he's starting to level off.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
The Rangers will make the playoffs

no question.

again, with the top 6 d we have and assuming they are all healthy- and that includes staal extended for the sake of this argument only, this team will be very dangerous come playoffs. period.

we need to add a vermette to really complete the roster. hes a very solid vet 2/3 c type guy and address our single biggest concern. he makes our top 3 lines very balanced.

we were exposed at center. we still are being exposed. we cant win faceoffs and that hurts, esp. in dzone pk and pp o zone situations. ive seen enough of us not being able to win key faceoffs. thats a centerman issue.

it all begins up the middle.

if we go

stepan
brass
vermette

come spring, then i like this team alot.

i love kevin hayes development. love his size and poise. hes gonna get alot better by spring.

you go into the playoffs with hayes, kreider and a healthy rick nash and an under appreciated stemper , and even with our smaller centerman, we will be a load to handle for any team.

end the tanner glass experiment. hopefully jt miller gets his act together.

i really like this lineup if the d is healthy and we add antione vermette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad